• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN021: Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

If Sobble is next, then he will become the crybaby of the group at first i reckon.
If that REALLY happen then it will be like Noibat all over again before evolve into Noivern.

Also, overall this episode is a little bit of disappointed and people starting the conspiracy about Riolu leaving after evolve into Lucario, when the series came into conclusion. Anyway, this episode didn't showed the figure of ranking for Ash after winning another battle. I'll wondering his rank is almost to over 900?

Overall rating: C+

If it's not already clear from that one screenshot from episode 2, this episode basically confirms that egg designs are now based on the generic designs from Pokemon Go instead of each Pokemon species having their own unique egg design. I'm not happy about this change, but it doesn't bother me too much, so eh. The Professor Elm cameo at the start of the episode was a neat little detail, at the very least.

Not much to say about the actual episode itself (before watching with subs, anyway). From what I saw so far, it was... above-average. I'm fine with Ash having random PWT matches here and there, but it would be nice if he used something other than Pikachu for once. Also would've been nice to see how much his ranking actually improved, there's no need for that to be a mystery. To the surprise of absolutely no one (nice job, ambiguous egg design), the egg hatched into a Riolu. I'm not really sure how I feel about this, but I'm interested to see what the writers do with it. Vacuum Wave is a move seldom seen in the anime, so it's cool that Riolu knows this move. Riolu's reckless lust for battle kinda reminds me of Rabbifoot's own interest in battling, so maybe the writers could do something with these two together? Anyway, I'll wait for the subs to see if there's anything new that I didn't catch from watching the raws.

I wonder if Riolu only cares about Ash's aura and not Ash himself. It rejected Ash at first. It only started to respect him after he emitted his aura again in the battle with Onix.
That could actually be a set up for a decent character arc, about it learning that there's more to Ash than just his aura, and more to life than just battling.

Anyone else think that Ash's PWT opponent today looked like Klein from SAO?

...Was it just me? Still I must admit this is how you reference older episode concepts with Ash and Aura and not teasing things like Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden and Ho-Oh and the Battle Frontier.

If that REALLY happen then it will be like Noibat all over again before evolve into Noivern.

Also, overall this episode is a little bit of disappointed and people starting the conspiracy about Riolu leaving after evolve into Lucario, when the series came into conclusion. Anyway, this episode didn't showed the figure of ranking for Ash after winning another battle. I'll wondering his rank is almost to over 900?

Overall rating: C+
I think he'd have to be some in the super rank to be in the top 1000s maybe that's why he's battling Korrina in episode 25.

I'm kind of in two minds about this episode. I really am.

On the one hand, Ash has been long overdue to get a Lucario in my opinion. A lot of us were expecting him to get one in Sinnoh, and then again in Kalos because Korrina gives one away, but neither of those things happened. So it's kind of fitting that he finally gets one. And yes, I said Lucario, not Riolu, because we all know it's going to evolve.

But on the other hand, is Ash ever going to catch a Generation VIII Pokémon? Everything he's caught in the new season so far--Dragonite, Gengar, and now Riolu-- has been a highly marketed Pokémon from an older generation, or one that evolves into such a Pokémon. Even Go, who's caught more Pokémon than Ash in the new season by this point, has only two from Generation VIII, Raboot and Skwovet.

May I also add how I like how they're handling Ash's ranked battles? Literally any battle Ash has, makes him closer to his goal. And that can be any episode.
They'll probably dedicate more episodes for that when he reaches the super rank though.

But on the other hand, is Ash ever going to catch a Generation VIII Pokémon? Everything he's caught in the new season so far--Dragonite, Gengar, and now Riolu-- has been a highly marketed Pokémon from an older generation, or one that evolves into such a Pokémon. Even Go, who's caught more Pokémon than Ash in the new season by this point, has only two from Generation VIII, Raboot and Skwovet.
The recent trailer 90% confirms he's getting Sobble at some point.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom