• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN022: Goodbye, Rabbifoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just admitted that Go's capture rate isn't actually 100% successful, which weakens the argument about him supposed being lucky all the time and never struggling.
83.7% of all Pokemon owned by Go are one Pokeball no trouble captures, according to numbers pointed out earlier in the thread. Just throwing Pokeball at random creatures makes for a boring experience. The times he struggles are clearly once in a blue moon (and Farfetch’d “struggle” actually ended up being pretty pointless). He’s actually the luckiest character in the franchise so far when it comes to capturing Pokemon easily.

Is this the episode Gou finally realizes that he's pulling Pokemon out of their habitat without their consent and start leaving them alone if they don't show an interest? Then I just might be interested. I guess they're diving into Raboot's nature of helping other Pokemon, especially hungry ones, and how that selfless nature clashes with Gou's unwitting self-serving one.
I really don't think that's the case. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't other trainers in this show also caught Pokémon without their consent? The only difference being more battling is involved (I mean they all bond with them after, including Gou). Anyway, Gou's way of catching Pokémon has never been presented as a bad thing, because it's done to advertise Pokémon GO, so they are following that, they aren't going to suddenly drop it. And no, I'm not saying people shouldn't dislike it.

I believe what is happening is Raboot is just not interested in what Gou is doing, it wants to do something more exciting and catching Pokémon just comes off as boring to it. We know Raboot likes battling, so much that it even runs ahead before Gou has time to fully command it, so Gou has to better adapt to Raboot and that means taking part in more Pokémon battles. While Gou does care for Raboot, he, right now, doesn't fully understand its feelings. But then again, I could be completely wrong.

Gou's way of catching Pokémon has never been presented as a bad thing, because it's done to advertise Pokémon GO, so they are following that, they aren't going to suddenly drop it. And no, I'm not saying people shouldn't dislike it.
That's what I was thinking. If Go catching so many Pokemon was as bad (in the anime world) as many fans are describing it as, wouldn't Ash or Sakuragi have shown concern about this by now? I'm not saying it's wrong to dislike this (I'm personally not a big fan of this aspect of Go's character myself). I'm just saying that because Go's catching spree isn't being presented as a negative thing, I don't think it's fair to say that what he's doing is wrong and needs to be corrected.

Plus, the reason the writers are having Go do this is to promote Pokemon GO, which is all about catching Pokemon. They want to encourage fans to play the games and try and catch every Pokemon themselves, hence the slogon, "gotta catch 'em all". If the anime were to suddenly say to their audience, "catching them all is wrong", they would be going against their own slogon and basically discouraging the audience from playing Pokemon GO. Not to mention that a lot of kids watch this show, and kids often have strong imaginations, which could lead to them feeling guilty for playing Pokemon.

Last edited:
This thread seems to be derailing on talk about Go and his catching of Pokemon, rather than focusing on the actual future episode itself; let's bring it back.

Also, keep in mind to keep your comments on Go civil.
Thank you, and sorry if my comment came off as rude. I can delete it if it sounds too critical.

This episode will be the Pokémon version of a Goofy movie.

Go: *crying* But why do you hate me Raboot?
Raboot: *in pokemon noice* (I don’t, Dad. It’s just that I’m not an unevolved Pokémon anymore. Please, don’t do this in front of my friends)
Go: Yeah, wild Pokémon.
Raboot: *in pokemon noices* (Nooooo, don’t catch my friends! Why!? Stop embarrassing me!) .

Except this topic kinda is about Gou.

Courtesy of yourself:
Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii.

Summary: "Satoshi and Go have gone to the Houen region to investigate a phenomenon known as "Agehunt Migration". Go wants to get a Kemusso there and calls out to Rabbifoot, but it disregards him completely. Go is shocked!"

This episode is set to air on April 19th.

This is what discussion for this thread needs to revolve around.

Specific conversation on Go's Pokemon Go-esque capturing, and the pros and cons thereof, can be discussed in a different thread. I hope this clears any confusion.

The trailer gave me strong "Pikachu's Goodbye" vibes, but there's a good chance of character development in this one.
It will be interesting to see how the conflict is resolved, as a difference in goals feels different than most of the trainer/Pokémon quarrels. There was Aipom and Buizel but I'm not sure any of Ash's Pokémon feel like they'd want to trade to Gou (plus they promoted Scorbunny as Gou's partner quite heavily).

Last edited:
The trailer gave me strong "Pikachu's Goodbye" vibes, but there's a good chance of character development in this one.
It will be interesting to see how the conflict is resolved, as a difference in goals feels different than most of the trainer/Pokémon quarrels. There was Aipom and Buizel but I'm not sure any of Ash's Pokémon feel like they'd want to trade to Gou (plus they promoted Scorbunny as Gou's partner quite heavily).
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do as well. I mean, it seems pretty likely that Go and Raboot will make up (even if it's not in this episode), but unlike previous episodes, it's not just a matter of earning back Raboot's trust. They'll also need to figure out a way that they can both continue working toward their respective goals. My guess is that this will lead to Go deciding to give battling another try since he'll need to do that anyway if he wants to catch Mew.

I think this episode will not speed down his captures, but that he will start using them more. Honestly, I hated his capture style. Specially with pinsir, wanted do kill him one second, gets caught, best friends right away. However, now I just kinda roll with it. Nonetheless, I feel like having someone with so many pokémon and some of them cool already or with cool potential, and not using them as more than props for some episodes is just awful.
I really hope this episode turns it around. So we can have some evos, so we can have some diversity, so we can have more of that brainwashed pinsir, so we can have some development to Go.

Gou asking Rabifoot "Do you hate me that much?" is really sad, especially when you remember back in episode 3, there was a brief reveal that someone hurt Gou in the past and this is why struggles to make friends and also he believes falling outs with them means friendships are ruined, as that's what Gou mistakenly thought with Satoshi.

I believe that Gou is mistaken here, Rabifoot doesn't hate him, Rabifoot just wants Gou to understand it better. But going by that one line Gou said in the third episode "So you're one of those guys too" it's not surprising Gou would think this, basically Gou doesn't know how to properly socialize with others. This might be an emotional episode.

Gou asking Rabifoot "Do you hate me that much?" is really sad, especially when you remember back in episode 3, there was a brief reveal that someone hurt Gou in the past and this is why struggles to make friends and also he believes falling outs with them means friendships are ruined, as that's what Gou mistakenly thought with Satoshi.

I believe that Gou is mistaken here, Rabifoot doesn't hate him, Rabifoot just wants Gou to understand it better. But going by that one line Gou said in the third episode "So you're one of those guys too" it's not surprising Gou would think this, basically Gou doesn't know how to properly socialize with others. This might be an emotional episode.
What I'm really hoping for in this episode is that we see a flashback to whatever falling out led to Go thinking this way. Especially because if anything's going to retrigger that memory, it's losing his first Pokemon to a falling out. I also hope that this episode gives a powerful message to viewers who relate to Go's fear of losing friendships over falling outs. I know I relate to that fear, and I'm sure lots of other viewers do as well.

Whatever happens though, I definitely think that this is going to be the most emotional episode we've had all season. Sure, that episode 17 argument didn't exactly show the best side of Go, but he definitely means well and cares deeply about Raboot. Seeing Raboot basically abandon him is without a doubt going to be really hard on him considering what he's already gone through.

Last edited:
The "Goodbye" episodes are always titled in a troll fashion. This episode is probably an episode that will begin the path of Go and Raboot's bond being strengthened. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Raboot "leaves" for an episode or two and then return in some blaze of glory to save Go from Team Rocket or something.

The "Goodbye" episodes are always titled in a troll fashion. This episode is probably an episode that will begin the path of Go and Raboot's bond being strengthened. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Raboot "leaves" for an episode or two and then return in some blaze of glory to save Go from Team Rocket or something.

If Raboot leaves, it can only return in another Hoenn episode, unless its suddenly learned to fly.

The fact that people genuinely believe that Ash will get Go's raboot upsets me. Especially when there is no indication that a trade is going to occur, or even Raboot even being loyal to Ash. I believe they will make up in this episode, but because the writers added a lot about Go's past, I can also see this story being broken down into segments. I saw the epic rain scene of Go and Raboot, so I hope that scene is in episode 22.

We haven't seen the rain from the big preview in the episode's preview, so maybe it's a different episode?

I also hate the fact people want Ash to get Raboot. I get people don't like Gou, his goals, or his methods. I know I don't, but I also want to see him grow. He's a character with flaws with plenty of time to address in this series. There's a big difference between wanting to destroy a character and wanting to see him learn a lesson. The ones who want Raboot to leave him (especially those who want him to go to Ash) certainly don't, they just want him ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom