• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN022: Goodbye, Rabbifoot!

Have you tried using your finger to draw on your phone while on a speeding train?

I don’t speak Japanese, but I believe this episode is telling of the source of Raboot’s undying angst is... it’s love of dance?

Go didn’t catch a Silcoon either...

Ash isn't taking a crowded New York metro, he's taking a smooth Shinkansen. He's pretty much drawing this while sitting on a chair.

Would've been nice if the whole "Gou's rabbit Pokémon is interested in dance" thing had been foreshadowed to us at least once in the last 21 episodes.

Maybe they thought those 10 seconds of dancing in the OP would suffice /s

Also. Ash, wtf happened to your drawing skills?! You used to draw semi-decently...

Ash_Dewgong_Drawing.png

...and now you're telling me this is the best Garchomp you can come up with?!

MTvj.b1fOf7Ba_UKZOrhkAI7zQVW
To be fair, it's easier to draw on paper or any hard copy with pencils, pens etc. than to do digitally on your phone or PC. Especially on your phone where you have to use your fingers in such a limited space. Speaking from experience.

Just try drawing something on paper for yourself, then try to draw something in skribbl.io on a digital device.

Last edited:
I was satisfied with this episode because it finally put an end to a rumour that never should have existed in the first place: Ash getting Gou's Raboot. I should not have been wanting to see the episode just so that speculation can be officially proven wrong and as it was obvious the writers weren't going to have Gou release his first Pokémon (so, for me, there was no point getting mad at that) the only thing I should have been wanting to see in this episode was the development between Gou's and Raboot's relationship, because that's all the episode would be.

Oh and of course I'm happy Gou and Raboot are on good terms now, I'm glad this is the episode we got before the anime's postponement.

Last edited:
I've had to delete my first two posts for causing major controversy, and I apologize for offending everyone for suggesting something.

So, I'll try this again: Another bait and switch filler with false advertising to draw in ratings. And also, guess Gou never getting a Beautifly will become a running gag.

I see comparisons to Gotta Dance, but the dance number in that was over the top insane and had Krazyshipping, so it was way better than this one.

Still, we now see that instead of becoming a more focused battler, Gou and Raboot will enter a series of human/Pokémon dancing competitions over the series.

To be fair, it's easier to draw on paper or any hard copy with pencils, pens etc. than to do digitally on your phone or PC. Especially on your phone where you have to use your fingers in such a limited space. Speaking from experience.
Yeah, I can write legibly with a pencil but when I have to sign my name digitally with my finger it's an absolute mess.

Last edited:
Would've been nice if the whole "Gou's rabbit Pokémon is interested in dance" thing had been foreshadowed to us at least once in the last 21 episodes.
It's already been foreshadowed many times that Gou's Rabbifoot is very interested in Pokemon battles. Dancing and battling are very similar in that both activities involve dynamic (and sometimes rhythmic) movement of the body. This episode's issue culminated in Rabbifoot's gang having a "dance battle" with the Loudred gang. In other words, Rabbifoot's interest in dancing has clearly been foreshadowed in past episodes and everyone should've seen the dance plot point coming. Wait, what do you mean this is a rather convoluted train of thought and Rabbifoot's dancing hobby completely came out of left field? Nonsense. Anyway, now that Rabbifoot's talent and interest in dancing has been properly revealed, I look forward to Gou's future career as a Pokemon Coordinator.

Jokes aside, I thought this episode was... kinda ok, actually. If you ignore the somewhat failed attempt at character development between Gou and Rabbifoot, there's quite a few things to enjoy in this episode. After being stuck in Kanto for several episodes, the duo finally get to visit another region, and on actual research-related reasons nonetheless! Their Garchomp doodles reminded me of the times I played scribble.io with the peeps from the Pokemon Discord, and I'm not really bothered by Ash's absurdly terrible drawing skills since he was drawing on a phone on a moving train (also, it's probably harder to draw Garchomp and Dewgong). Watching Gou be so flabbergasted by Rabbifoot's cold attitude that he actually fails to catch a Pokemon was quite funny, too. He could've just thrown the Pokeball at the Wurmple and caught it in one go anyway, but nope, Rabbifoot's silent treatment really shocked him that much.

I was initially worried about the lack of Hoenn Pokemon shown in the first-half of this episode, but the second-half remedied that. Watching all those other Pokemon join in on the dance party was really cute. The only thing that would've made that dance scene even better was the Lombre evolving into a Ludicolo. No dance party is complete without a Ludicolo on the stage.

While the attempt at character development between Gou and Rabbifoot was pretty half-assed, I wouldn't say it was completely pointless, either. On one hand, the whole dance thing did seemingly come out of nowhere and didn't really have anything to do with the actual issues that exist between Gou and Rabbifoot. On the other hand, Gou did try reaching out to Rabbifoot when he noticed something weird was going on with it, and at the end of the day those two did grow a bit closer together. We even saw the edgy tsundere smiling for the first time. How cute. I'll wait for the subs to see if there's more to be said about those two, but overall, this is a pretty ok filler episode.

There's a fun detail that Ataro over at Bulbapedia noticed: the can that Raboot is seen kicking around while breakdancing has a Skitty on it, right? Well, that's actually a can of Tapu Cocoa, one of the Pokémon Center drinks from Alola. In Japanese, Tapu Cocoa is called Enecocoa, a reference to Skitty's Japanese name, Eneco.

A little off-topic but in Spanish there is no Tapu Cocoa just Skitolate that is the fusion between Skitty and Chocolate.

Billie Rabifoot takes the cake for me.

Or Sunday Morning Pokefever.

EDIT: OMG RABIFOOTLOOSE HAHAHA

Last edited:
So the Spanish name is closer to the Japanese name than the English one is.

Yeah which is weird since Tapu Cocoa would have been translated into "Tapu Cacao" which still makes sense.

If anyone have any curiosity of Pokemon in spanish he can ask me on PM BTW.

I will need some entretainment.

It was great to see the episode move away from Kanto and spend several days in Hoenn

It was great to see a nice variety of Pokemon this episode, Whismur, Loudred, Seedot, just to name a few

I really like Ash with the angry face near the end of this episode.
He even told Gou: "Did you properly speak with Rabbifuto about that?" when Gou decided to let Raboot behind.
I think if Raboot didn't return on its own, Ash would be pretty angry with Gou for a long time.

There were some positive points in this episode too. This time Go tried to support Raboot in everything Raboot wanted to do from buying the apples, cheering in the dance battle and even was going to release his starter so it could do what it enjoys.

It’s just me or the loudred were a obvious reference to Detective Pikachu.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom