• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN023: A Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, another lab episode with another rehashed plot :rolleyes:

I'll be shocked if it's a non-Kanto Pokemon, honestly. I feel like they've really stuck to keeping the Pokemon in their respective regions (which I thought was part of the whole "world tour" angle but...) so my guess is it's either a Kanto Pokemon or one of the Pokemon in the lab.

Oh no, the Pokemon at Professor Sakuragi's lab are fighting? If only Ash can call in a Pokemon with plenty of experience as a peacemaker to stop Pokemon at the lab from fighting...

I think you're really reaching if you truly believe that Ash would need Bulbasaur to calm down this extremely generic conflict that will probably resolve itself anyways. The Pokemon are just angry because the food went missing and Ash and Go are already trying to solve the mystery of who stole the food according to the summary. Y'all use any excuse to try and justify Ash's old irrelevant reserves appearing again. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to the many who expected this episode.

I like that food is the source of conflict, it's a very natural way to provide one. But I don't like that we're back to the lab again, it should be a place we as fans would look up to return to after many adventures, not a place the writers force us to stay because they want to do a quick Pokémon of the Day episode.

As for the culprit, Kanto Pokemon who look like the part (are very hungry and can eat what 20+ Pokemon eat a day) are Raticate, Golbat, Grimer, Muk, Lickitung, Kangaskhan and Snorlax but I'm thinking it will be a Pokémon from a later generation for surprise value.

Last edited:
As for the culprit, Kanto Pokemon who look like the part (are very hungry and can eat what 20+ Pokemon eat a day) are Raticate, Golbat, Grimer, Muk, Lickitung, Kangaskhan and Snorlax but I'm thinking it will be a Pokémon from a later generation for surprise value.
I'm sort of suspicious about Gou's Skwovet, but I think they might do a fake out with it rather than actually being the culprit.

Greeaaaat...Another Kanto episode set at this lab. If they wanted to do the world tour thing, they could have at least had Ash and Gou stationed at Professor Magnolia's lab with Sonia.
Yesh, when they came up with the concept, I initially thought they’d be based in Galar due to it being new and give us more Galar promotion by default (and Galar focuses on research quite a lot because of Sonia, Magnolia and later Hop taking up the goal). But they had to use boring old Kanto.

My money's on Munchlax. We just saw one in the promo where we see Ash getting the Egg. Guessing Gou will catch it.

Yesh, when they came up with the concept, I initially thought they’d be based in Galar due to it being new and give us more Galar promotion by default (and Galar focuses on research quite a lot because of Sonia, Magnolia and later Hop taking up the goal). But they had to use boring old Kanto.
Definitely gotta agree there. Had they done it that way Galar would have been given the prominence that it should bring the newest region and, given how much they’ve changed Vermillion City for this series that it could be any city, it would have changed very little. In fact, it would have served to alleviate the question of why Ash never accesses any of his old Pokémon despite being relatively close to Professor Oak’s lab.

Oh no, the Pokemon at Professor Sakuragi's lab are fighting? If only Ash can call in a Pokemon with plenty of experience as a peacemaker to stop Pokemon at the lab from fighting...

Time for some fun

Ash calls Professor Oak's lab, Tracey answers

Ash: Ah Tracey, quick we have an emergency over here. Please send Bulbasaur over quickly

Tracey does so without a word. Later, Bulbasaur has solved the conflict. Phone rings

Oak (Beaten up): Ash, I need Bulbasaur over here quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom