• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN023: A Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's the place they live. It's still nitpicky to compare it to Kanto pandering.
It must be so hard to have to wait for Adamant to translate an entirely new summary and a whole voice cast list just so that others can post his hard work and essentially take credit for it. And were some people still complaining about Kanto being the setting here? Imo this episode's plot wouldn't work if it was set anywhere else since Go obviously can't take all his reserve Pokemon with him somewhere else and those Pokemon fighting against each other because they're hungry is kinda the whole point.
Nobody's doing that, though. People complain about it being set in Kanto, but not because it's Kanto pandering - sure, they live there, but they're also research assistants and the series is supposed to be a world tour, and also, people are getting tired of the Institute.

Also, most of those complaints came in before the summary was displayed - nobody was aware of the context provided by the second summary.

Why come here to make complaints and insult people for assertments they've made with incomplete information two weeks ago?

Please don't turn this into another cold war over nothing.

Last edited:
Most of those species deserve the spotlight after so long. How dare anyone have a bone to pick with Cubone.
Oh yeah, there's definitely plenty of underrated Gen I Pokemon that deserve more screentime. Gou's Pokemon aside, I'm also dying for more Dragonite screentime. I was simply talking about Kanto pandering from a more literal/technical standpoint, in regards to the generational distribution of the Pokemon we'll see in this episode.

Nobody's doing that, though. People complain about it being set in Kanto, but not because it's Kanto pandering - sure, they live there, but they're also research assistants and the series is supposed to be a world tour, and also, people are getting tired of the Institute.

Also, most of those complaints came in before the summary was displayed - nobody was aware that Golurk will be important to the plot.

Why come here to make complaints and insult people for assertments they've made with incomplete information two weeks ago?

Please don't turn this into another cold war over nothing.
Remember The Archer's comment abour Lt. Surge in episode 18?
This is just the usual for him/her.

Nobody's doing that, though. People complain about it being set in Kanto, but not because it's Kanto pandering
Is there another reason to complain about their being in Kanto?
sure, they live there, but they're also research assistants and the series is supposed to be a world tour, and also, people are getting tired of the Institute.
It's their home base, and we already got and will get many world tour episodes.
Also, most of those complaints came in before the summary was displayed - nobody was aware that Golurk will be important to the plot.
We already knew and expected Morpeko before of that though. And most of those complaint are about it's being taking place in Kanto. It doesn't matter which pokémon gets the screentime, according to their reasoning.
Why come here to make complaints and insult people for assertments they've made with incomplete information two weeks ago? Please don't turn this into another cold war over nothing.
I insulted no one. Not sure why people making complaints on incomplete information is okay, but if I criticize them it's an insult? And why are you even quoting Archer?

Last edited:
It must be so hard to have to wait for Adamant to translate an entirely new summary and a whole voice cast list just so that others can post his hard work and essentially take credit for it.

Meanwhile, every time @BigDocFan posts one of Adamant's summaries:
BigDocFan said:
Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant
Yup, he's totally taking credit for the translation.

I mean, some of us don't frequent PocketMonsters.net, so someone decided to post those translated summaries to keep us in the loop with regards to the new episodes' plot and let us know what characters will. It's taht he's not doing it to take credit for translating the summaries, since his posts always start off with the above-mentioned line, nor is he profiting from it, so I don't see the problem. Don't even know what more he could do to credit the OP, outside of maybe putting a link to the original post.

No VA list? Should have been posted by now?
It's late, the TV Tokyo page still hasn't been posted even though it normally would get posted about 6 hours ago at midnight JST. The other TXN Network stations TVO, TVQ, TVh, and TSC for example all have generic "Pocket Monsters" listings at the moment. They specifically list the previous ED though, but I'm not familiar with what they normally have posted.

The TV Tokyo website is now listing a rerun during the new episode slot on the 26th.

So they're doing the hiatus early huh...

I guess that could be a good plan, if they space out their new episodes every other week, they could prolong the amount of time they have before they run out of new episodes. Besides, getting biweekly new episodes is better than not getting new episodes for possibly weeks on end

So they're doing the hiatus early huh...

I guess that could be a good plan, if they space out their new episodes every other week, they could prolong the amount of time they have before they run out of new episodes. Besides, getting biweekly new episodes is better than not getting new episodes for possibly weeks on end
I don't think that's the plan here. It's likely because they have stopped recording the new episodes altogether, similar to what has happened to One Piece. Unlike most of the western dubbing studios, the Japanese ones record the episode with multiple cast members in the same big booth or a room.

Even the dubbing studios like Funimation, who usually only have a single VA in the booth with just the ADR director and an engineer in the room, have stopped recording at the studio. For MHA's remaining pair of episodes, most of them had to finish episodes at home by setting up a small recording space of their own, which can have its own logistical nightmares especially for a long-running series.

So, that is why it makes sense that they will stop airing new episodes until things get better over there.

Last edited:
Guess this is what Rika Matsumoto's tweet meant? Well, there is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now, and in a worst case scenario, we won't have any new episodes besides the one airing tonight for the remainder of the year.

=
What happened to Ash Ketchum, the guy who basically died in the first movie to get Pokemon to stop fighting? I guess he cares about finding thw culprit more than about Pokemon's safety, because that's who he is now isn't he? Food trumps everything else. :^)

Except they're fighting explicitly because the food is stolen.

I don't think Ash a 10 year old boy, is going to be stop the vast majority of hungry Pokemon most of which are not his, and I severely doubt Dragonite, Pikachu, Mr. Mime, Gengar would be strong enough to take on everyone, especially Golurk who is gigantic.

It's like asking a normal human being to jump between two hungry lions. It's probably better to resolve what's causing the issue (food shortage), than to deal with the symptoms (hunger).

I'm new to this kind of thing happening with Pokemon. Will the anime resume with the next episode when it returns, or will they skip to the episode that would have normally aired on the date they return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom