• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN023: A Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that we still got the episode preview, though. Doesn't look like all that interesting of an episode to me, but I definitely don't want to see episodes get skipped, so hopefully that means this is the next one up when the show eventually returns.

The decision to go on hiatus was probably made at the last minute prior to today's episode airing which means too late to either remove the preview and/or add anything to let people know of the hiatus. Kind of similar to the last minute cancellation of Quantum Leap at the end of season five... which caused them to completely edit the ending of the episode to end the series on a very downer note.

Sam stuck forever in the quantum leap never finding his way home and nobody remembers him.

I honestly don't get why people have such high expectations for Koharu (right now). She's just a side/recurring character, and while her status may change in the future, for the time being I don't see any reason for her to get the focus of the female leads. I actually like that she kinda has her own agenda away from the show for now, and wouldn't mind if she took a lead role later in the series if there was anything for her to do then other than clearly not wanting to be there.

The decision to go on hiatus was probably made at the last minute prior to today's episode airing which means too late to either remove the preview and/or add anything to let people know of the hiatus. Kind of similar to the last minute cancellation of Quantum Leap at the end of season five... which caused them to completely edit the ending of the episode to end the series on a very downer note.

Sam stuck forever in the quantum leap never finding his way home and nobody remembers him.

Blake's 7 was renewed during the airing of the final episode of series 3, with the cast and crew being surprised at the fourth season being announced after the episode's airing.

I think somebody would ask this at one point...
What in the name of God is stoping Sakuragi from sending one of his assistants to a shop in Vermilion or wherever and buy food there?
Where is he even usually getting the food from?

I think somebody would ask this at one point...
What in the name of God is stoping Sakuragi from sending one of his assistants to a shop in Vermilion or wherever and buy food there?
Where is he even usually getting the food from?
It doesn't matter because the Pokemon are already suspecting each other and want food now. My dog wouldn't like it if my other dog ate her food and I just said "oh well, I'm off to the store."

It doesn't matter because the Pokemon are already suspecting each other and want food now. My dog wouldn't like it if my other dog ate her food and I just said "oh well, I'm off to the store."
But that's not what I meant at all. The entire conflict is dangerous to the laboratory's integrity, and possibly to the lives of Pokemon, even. It's something you'd think Sakuragi would be concerned with - he can give the food to Pokemon as a sort of bargaining card - 'you stop tearing my lab to shreds, and I'll search for the culprit with my assistants', heck, he could even ask them to help with finding the culprit. The Pokemon would still distrust each other, they would still be angry, they just wouldn't be destroying the lab (and one another).

Meanwhile, the preview makes it seem like the conflict started in the morning and battles continued untill nighttime, Ash, Gou and Sakuragi just let that happen. Makes them out to be veeeeeeeery responsible, doesn't it?

The only counter to this that I can think of is that there's no way to stop the Pokemon from fighting other than finding the culprit, which like, really? Pay your tribute with blood, since when was that a thing between Pokemon?

Meanwhile, the preview makes it seem like the conflict started in the morning and battles continued untill nighttime, Ash, Gou and Sakuragi just let that happen. Makes them out to be veeeeeeeery responsible, doesn't it?
Or the first incident happened in the morning, they gave them food, and then it happened again at night because the culprit is smart enough to come back. It's a good idea to watch the episode before giving a review.

Or the first incident happened in the morning, they gave them food, and then it happened again at night because the culprit is smart enough to come back.
And they're smart enough to not shelter the food and find any method of protecting it in case culprit ever comes back. Your standard safety procedure is to take no precautionary measures and not be predictive of possibilities. Such clever, much genius. :^)

It's a good idea to watch the episode before giving a review.
Challange accepted.

It's like asking a normal human being to jump between two hungry lions. It's probably better to resolve what's causing the issue (food shortage), than to deal with the symptoms (hunger).
But Ash is not staying behind to solve the food shortage. He is staying behind to capture the culprit:
Satoshi and Go decide to stay in Sakuragi Park overnight to find out who the culprit is. As time passes, the fighing grows more and more fierce...
(The way the summary phrases it, it sounds like he lets the Pokemon fight for wholle day and night while waiting for the culprit to come instead of looking for him, so for all intents and purposes I'm going to assume this is what the ends up doing.)

So... How is letting your Pokemon fight whole day long while waddling around, hoping for the culprit to be found going to help anything? Ash doesn't know who the culprit is, nor is he aware if the food is already eaten or not.
A more productive way of obtaining food would be to just buy some more.
... Right?
I don't think Ash a 10 year old boy, is going to be stop the vast majority of hungry Pokemon most of which are not his, and I severely doubt Dragonite, Pikachu, Mr. Mime, Gengar would be strong enough to take on everyone, especially Golurk who is gigantic.
Golurk isn't fighting though. I'm sure he isn't, because the summary and preview indicate he stayed out of the fightings untill nighttime where his Dex refference occured. There's also nothing preventing Ash from bringing in his reserves or Gou from commanding the Pokemon that didn't went into a berserk rage, or Sakuragi from... Does he have his own team?
Assuming, of course, the only way to solve the conflict is the brutall one.

Alas, pardon for the late response.
------
Sufficed to say, I really don't like the premise of this episode.

For starters, the Pokemon are fighting for impersonall reasons, not personall ones. I get it that the comparisons to Civil War are a joke, but getting serious for a sec, Iron Man and Cap had personall, character-based reasons behind their actions and choices, that were reinforced by the character development in their individuall movies, and the Sokovia Accords were a logicall follow up from the Avengers movies. The conflict here, on the other hand, comes completelly out of the left field and is entirelly impersonall - what, those Pokemon are (ostensibly so) close, friendly, they have no problems with each other, suddenly the food disappears and what, they all fly into a berserk rage based on assumptions they have no evidence for? Isn't that kind of, I dunno... Lame? And invalidates the argument that Sakuragi's Park is a paradise?

I am willing to give this episode the benefit of the doubt (naturally). For example: this episode can finally bring back the conflict Darmanitan had with Raboot way back in ep 17, maybe Golurk will also be fleshed out more as a character, maybe some other Pokemon will, too? Maybe Gou will be developed as a result of this events too, somehow?

Who knows? For now, though, I'm very confused by the motives the writers have behind this episode.

Last edited:
Apparently according to Bulbapedia, the episode should be coming out on June 8th.

Looking forward to the return of the anime, yay! This episode looks fun, seems the Cascoon will evolve? and the preview showed Riolu I think, I'd like for Gengar and Dragonite to appear as well.

Brilliant news regarding the return of the anime series

I've been bored without it

Must keep an eye out for the Summary and VA lists

Looking at serebii, it says ''TV Tokyo have confirmed that the new series of the anime has had production resume, and with this, the show resume from the latest episode in Japan on June 7th at 18:00 JST. It's currently unclear how much the 6 week hiatus will impact the anime as a whole but we'll provide all details as we can''. latest episode as in JN022 or the next one to come?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom