• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN023: A Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!

This episode is the perfect example of why Pokemon are put in boxes. Also I love how there is no consequences, there is a catastrophe and then it stops and nobody sees that there are too many Pokemon here? That something big could have happened if you put more dangerous Pokemon in the mix? Of course the world of Pokemon in the anime always tends to forget that.

If this episode serves for something is that is much better to have Pokemon in a wild state cause if they discontrol they can kill each other. Where is Team Plasma when you need it?
The amount of Pokémon wasn't the issue. It was just that one Pokémon was hoarding all the food out of habit and didn't realize what kind of chaos it caused while doing so and not telling the other Pokémon. The lack of food is what caused the problem.

That's exactly what I meant @Panky..

I read a commentary in another place that also sums up what is wrong with this episode compared to the Oak lab episodes and it's that those episodes where aboout Pokemon we already knew like Bulbasaur, Totodile, Bayleef for example , Go pokemon to be fair are as good as wild since their screen time before this episode is rather poor.

What i'm observing is that Go Pokemon are kinda innocent and calm, but what if a rather or multiple violent Pokemon like Ursaring, Pangoro,Houndoom is introduced to the lab? That might be and interesting idea for the future.

Mr. Mime training Riolu is kinda interesting, since it might mean they are planning to use Mr. Mime again at some point (Its also funny that it might have been the strongest mon in Ash's posession all the time, and that it has been training Ash's mons at Oaks, making them stronger and make them learn new moves off-screen).

Gengar randomly attacking its trainer was pretty funny
I’m pretty sure ash thought this was one of gengar’s pranks and gengar attacked him for accusing him.

Mr. Mime training Riolu is kinda interesting, since it might mean they are planning to use Mr. Mime again at some point (Its also funny that it might have been the strongest mon in Ash's posession all the time, and that it has been training Ash's mons at Oaks, making them stronger and make them learn new moves off-screen).
That’s what I always thought too. I felt like if ash were to bring back his old Pokémon, he would have his strongest Pokémon be the personal trainers will ash was away and would travel with his new captures.

It was hard to be super excited for this episode when I think we're all just collectively waiting for the Korrina one, but it was still more enjoyable than expected. I think it's important to show Gou's routine of caring for and bonding with all his Pokemon, and between this and the Cubone episode it dispels the notion that Gou just imprisons and forgets all of his captures. I like getting to see all of Gou's different Pokemon's personalities, and I hope this focus continues as his collection grows larger. I also laughed at Ash getting headlocked by Beedrill.

I was really surprised that Morpeko didn't make it's appearance in this episode. It was discussed so much on this forum that I forgot it wasn't confirmed. All in all, the mystery aspect of the episode was pretty awful, especially when they revealed that they had video cameras throughout the park. They could have found the culprit by just rewinding for a few minutes. Skwovet being the thief was a very boring conclusion, but at least it reinforces its Dex entry.

Average filler for the most part but there were some good Pokemon interactions. Not as much Golurk action as I wanted though and I was hoping Raboot would learn Sunny Day.

Glad we're getting a Rocket episode next week.

Nothing to say here, but at least the Anime's back!

But I'm still disappointed they didn't change the opening yet.....

Decent filler episode. The Cascoon stuff towards the end pretty much made the episode better but otherwise it was decent.

Regarding Pokémon-centric episodes, this is a huge step up from Pikachu's "Exciting" Adventure from the SM series.

I've only seen the English dub for that episode and my GOD that was the worst SM episode by far. Did the Japanese version have the voice overs for the Pokemon's as well?

It's average. Kinda missed opportunity for Go to learn a thing or two about his dream of catching all Pokemon. This is not like the game where it is really possible for a trainer to catch all Pokemon and then keep them in boxes for safekeeping. Go needs to learn the big responsibility and consequences exist when you try to catch all Pokemon and keep them in one place.

I kinda wish they released at least two episodes for its comeback.

I was really surprised that Morpeko didn't make it's appearance in this episode. It was discussed so much on this forum that I forgot it wasn't confirmed. All in all, the mystery aspect of the episode was pretty awful, especially when they revealed that they had video cameras throughout the park. They could have found the culprit by just rewinding for a few minutes. Skwovet being the thief was a very boring conclusion, but at least it reinforces its Dex entry.

I mean we had the summary of the episode about a food thief, and then we had the Korrina Raihan Sobble preview that explicitly shows Morpeko eating from "Chip bags" in a ground area that looks remarkably like Sakuragi lab. Well okay next to them not exactly eating from them.

I'm pretty sure they had to do it on purpose. They were deceptive but they had to do it on purpose. Otherwise I can't understand why they chose the one scene of Morepeko that just so happens to appear to be related to a summary we knew about it.

They could've chosen any other image of Morpeko, but the one with food bags, and especially Morepeko's character, how could anyone not assume that the culprit was Morpeko? I guess the weird explanation of how it got there really just wouldn't have worked out.

The worst part is if we go by translations if right, I think Ash said something like "Maybe a Pokemon outside of the lab snuck in" or something to that effect. Like this had to at least be some sort spiritual set up to the Morepeko episode. Or some kind of glancing nods between the writers and the people who approve summaries, and previews.

I just find it hard to believe that it was PURELY coincidental we have a "food thief" episode and then in the upcoming episodes preview.....BAM Morpeko on what appears to be ground similar to the ground you'd find in Sakuragi lab with food bags next to it. Like that has to be some clever inside joke between anime staff and whoever would be responsible for pulling this off, I just cannot see it as pure coincidence.

I mean if the intended effect was to get us talking about this food thief episode heavily, despite not actually be relevant would be that Morpeko then it certainly worked, though I can't imagine they were that clever.

I liked this episode. Exeggcute was not shown, but was nice to see a lot of the Pokémon. This episode for example makes me miss bulbasaur, because I know it would take control of everything.
The fact the mons do groups based on type was interesting. Tentacool knowing ice beam was unexpected.
Overall a good filler in my opinion.
Also I find it weird that serebii does not list beedrill in this episode but then it goes to list darumaka twice.

Me seeing the subs: Go, i give you a free tip: If you can't take care of so many of your own Pokemon on your own, stop catching so many.
So Golurk didn't use Rain Dance, it went berserk.
Pidgey - Lets just sleep, i don't care whats happening.

On the one hand, I did enjoy the interactions between the Pokemon. On the other hand, the entire episode rested on a very shaky premise that could have been resolved embarrasingly easy.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom