• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN024: Take a Break! Rocket-dan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just move my translation from the other thread over here:

Magazine scans have revealed episode title of episode 24:

5/3 SS024 Take a break, Team Rocket!

Giovanni has ordered all Team Rocket members to rest up. The TRio has decided to relax at a vacation island in the Sinnoh region, but they happened to find Ash and Go who have come to investigate the island. Thinking that "this is a good chance to steal Pikachu", TRio is all fired up; but if they work here, they would be going against Giovanni's orders. At the same time, Matori, heading the Matori Matrix, has appeared on the island, and is starting to steal the Pokemon on the island. TRio thus decided to hide their identities, to help Ash?!

I don't know how to translate the staff names :p

脚本:面出明美
分镜:浅田裕二
演出:浅田裕二
作画监督:岩根雅明,志村泉

Edit: The magazine didn't outright say "Matori Matrix", but rather that she is leading an elite team.
But come on! That is definitely the Matori Matrix!
I'm also hoping the vacation island is one of James' resort homes

Also, one of the animation directors for this episode is Masaaki Iwane

This one actually sounds like fun! I think they did a great job with the last Team Rocket focused episode, but I'm much more interested in the plot of this episode than the rehashed "Ditto can't transform" one. I also always enjoy those kind of "flip the switch" episodes where Team Rocket is helping Ash and friends out.

Summary and Staff list courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

The Rocket Gang's boss Sakaki has ordered all members to take a vacation. But as the entire gang is relaxing in the Resort Area in the Sinnoh Region, Satoshi and Go coincidentally happen to show up to conduct research. The Rocket Gang is ecstatic at this chance to get Pikachu, but know that if they start working now they'll be disobeying orders. Just then the Rocket Gang's elite unit, led by Sakaki's secretary Matori, shows up and starts stealing every single Pokémon in the Area. The Rocket Gang decides to cooperate with Satoshi and Go while concealing their identities?!

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Omode, Asada, Iwane and Shimura? Damn, the people behind this episode makes it seem like it'll be quite important.

I guess it's cool that we get to visit a new in-game location in Sinnoh... But you know what would be even cooler? Visiting a new in-game location in Kalos or Alola!

Kiloude City in Kalos has never appeared in the anime nor the manga, and since it is based on Southern France, it would function perfectly as a vacation spot.

There's also the Hano Grand Resort in Alola, which is a five-star hotel. One of the biggest flaws of Pokemon SM is that Ash was basically trapped in Melemele Island, so giving us a look at another island would already be a huge plus.

Resort Area is part of a fairly large island (which can't be fully explored in-game), which I wouldn't call a vacation island. The island in this episode is probably anime-exclusive, but it hardly makes a difference.

Reminder that even the Sinnoh League was moved to a different island.

but it hardly makes a difference.
It makes a huge difference. By using anime exclusive locations over and over, coupled with the fact that the next episode will be set wherever the plot demands it to be regardless of the transition between the two areas, only harms the world building of the series. Not to mention, these anime exclusive locations have not been showing having anything unique about them and might as well be anywhere in the world instead of the mentioned location.

Resort Area is part of a fairly large island (which can't be fully explored in-game), which I wouldn't call a vacation island. The island in this episode is probably anime-exclusive, but it hardly makes a difference.

Reminder that even the Sinnoh League was moved to a different island.
It could easily take place in the Battle Zone. Just where the Resort Area is in the games.

Technically, the island was never named beyond "Pokémon League" in the games.

It's going to serve the exact same purpose. It's a weird decision, but there's nothing special about the Resort Area. And this has always been a problem with the anime.

We're pretending that Lily of the Valley island is from the games now? Even though they didn't reference the castle, Victory Road or the path to Shaymin? Okay then. That's how little difference real world building makes, apparently.

Folks, the summary doesn't mention "Resort Area" for a reason.

It's going to serve the exact same purpose. It's a weird decision, but there's nothing special about the Resort Area. And this has always been a problem with the anime.
They're using an in-game area over an anime-exclusive area. I'd count that as a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom