• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN024: Take a Break! Rocket-dan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the Pokémon world are really bad at seeing through disguises. All they need is some glasses and overcaots for Jessie and James and a wig and tuxedo for Meowth and they'll be fine; nobody will be suspicious about the ankle high furry guy at all!
4D72B8BE-2131-4A55-91B9-684BB0BBF840.jpeg

The examples of SS008 and SS007 that you quoted only serve to prove the bad worldbuilding that you're trying so hard to deny/ignore. Regardless of where the plot is set, this series is failing to make those locations unique and pretty much makes them interchangeable with any generic location in the world. The advantage that in game locations have are the unique attributes attached to them which would give them some flavor, in this case the resort area being on the volcanic Battle Frontier island in the Sinnoh region, whose tropical climate is a stark contrast to the generally cooler climate of the rest of the region (though judging by 'Snowpoint City' in 8, it seems that they'll fail at it).

It seems like you're just nit picking at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is, Sakaki is no fool, and Matori is no disobedient mook. The only plausible explanation for this set-up is that Sakaki is plotting something bad. If I'm wrong and it is just what it appears to be, well, eh. There have been bigger discrepancies.

I wonder if Botch and Cassidy are amongst those elites (That might spark the TRio's desire to help Ash and Go even more).
Much as I would love this, and hope those two will come back in PM, I think their reappearance would be marked as more than just "members of Matori's elite squad".

Damnit with that lot of notifications you collapsed my phone.

Who I am kidding I love getting reactions.

I agree with @ii kanji this is very fishy... Giovanni is a smart business man ,what kind of business man gives his man a day of vacation ,when it's well known that Team Rocket makes operations that cost milions of Pokedolars everyday. We are talking about the same guy who pay a lot of money to have his own Mew. A guy who had a walking genocide creature alongside his ranks. A guy who tried to kill the Pokemon who dared to turn his back on him.

He is plotting something... Big.

My headcanon is that the anime intentionally portrays Team Rocket in "obvious" disguises in the eyes the viewers, but they're actually well-disguised if you see them as an anime character.

Plus, their disguises really HAVE gotten a lot better in recent series. DA, XY, SM , and now this series had them looking like different people you wouldn't KNOW were the TRio. Right down to how they were in the League disguised as Dexio and Sina.

I had to check the dates these were posted to make sure I didn’t somehow miss an April Fool’s stunt!!

Another Rocket-focused episode so soon, possible SM continuity, teaming up with Satoshi...? I’m hoping this is a sign that the trio’s terrible presence in the first ten or so episodes was a fluke.

This episode's premise sounds so stupid, but in an oddly fun way. I expect plenty of TR trio shenanigans to happen, and I'm looking forward to it.

Assuming this is the same Matori Matrix from SM, what are the chances that the dude with the Mega Aggron will appear here? I know, episode 25 is probably going to be the big debut of Mega Evolution in this series, but still, it would be cool to see Mega Aggron here. Alolan Meowth making a cameo here would be a pretty neat bonus, too.

Matori returning for the first time since Alola and a return to Sinnoh? This sounds really promising! I hope we're gonna see the dynamic we saw in BW133 again between Ash and the TRio this episode.

Wonder if those slowpokes shown in the preview could appear in this episode?

It will be nice to see the Alolan Meowth

Wonder if those slowpokes shown in the preview could appear in this episode?

It will be nice to see the Alolan Meowth

I don't think so. I have a feeling they are gonna be in another Kanto episode, which is also the episode Sonia gets introduced in studying them. After that, she invites both Ash and Go (Maybe Koharu) to come with her to Galar for the Raihan vs Leon match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom