• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN024: Take a Break! Rocket-dan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had Gionvanni down as a big backer or worker’s rights, i’ve got a sneaking suspicion he’s up to something.

Hopping to see Alolan Meowth here, just to show that it is a part of the series – and then later we can have all three regional variants of Meowth feature together!

Never had Gionvanni down as a big backer or worker’s rights, i’ve got a sneaking suspicion he’s up to something.

I don't think he's planning anything because in the past he's hardly even given a damn about TRio, so I dunno if he'd set them up. It's just not his style. Tbh he probably realizes that overworking his employees is a recipe for failure so he's giving TRio a break so that they come back rejuvenated and well rested.

I don't think he's planning anything because in the past he's hardly even given a damn about TRio, so I dunno if he'd set them up. It's just not his style. Tbh he probably realizes that overworking his employees is a recipe for failure so he's giving TRio a break so that they come back rejuvenated and well rested.
Or maybe he just sends them on a vacation to be out of Matori's way, but either they wind up in the same location that Matori is targeting by accident, or he's counting on them not disobeying his orders not to do anything.

Or maybe he just sends them on a vacation to be out of Matori's way, but either they wind up in the same location that Matori is targeting by accident, or he's counting on them not disobeying his orders not to do anything.

I think the former. I think Giovanni expected them to go back to Alola for the vacation (Which would have made more sense than Sinnoh if you ask me).

part of me feels it would have been better to see Cassidy and Butch reappear

Sorry, but NOT happening. There's a reason we haven't heard from them since mid-DP.

Heck, the very reason they were created seems to no longer matter... o_O

EDIT: To elaborate: they were created to represent the meaner, smarter side of Team Rocket to counter the TRio's bungling. Then after the OS, they became as bad as the TRio, but not as funny or interesting, which made them redundant. The final nail in the coffin came in BW making the TRio competent and in Giovanni's favor. The fact Matori has taken Cassidy's place as Jessie's rival is also telling.
I wouldn't say "no" to them coming back...but it's apparent that the showrunners have gotten over them and moved on...:(

Last edited:
I don't get why some think Giovanni wouldn't genuinely give vacations to his workers... he's a corrupt businessman, not a slave holder.

That said, I do believe him assigning the TRio a vacation is probably a ploy to get them out of the way or something.

Which is hilariously ironic since they end up going to the exact same place where Matori's headed. It's Murphy's law all over again.

Now that I think about, how is Giovanni expected to keep them away? I'd bet even if he gave them an assignment halfway across the world, they'll somehow screw up and interfere with his plans anyway. He's probably just trying a new angle to stop them and it'll fail. He'll have to come up with a better plan next time.

Now that I think about, how is Giovanni expected to keep them away? I'd bet even if he gave them an assignment halfway across the world, they'll somehow screw up and interfere with his plans anyway. He's probably just trying a new angle to stop them and it'll fail. He'll have to come up with a better plan next time.

Doesn't the summary say that TRio is worried about disobeying Giovanni's orders? Maybe Gio's using their loyalty to his advantage knowing that they'll obey him no matter what. Of course it's going to come back to bite him later.

I think he's so confident that Matori can handle things that he never considered that Jessie, James and Meowth might wreck everything.

Sakaki is awfully generous to the trio in this series. Maybe he finally remembered that they saved his butt back in Isshu? And Matori is surprisingly alive as well.

Wait, guys. Is Team Rocket's Elite Unit and their leader Matori stealing all everybody's Pokémon in the Kanto or Sinnoh region, hello?

Wait, guys. Is Team Rocket's Elite Unit and their leader Matori stealing all everybody's Pokémon in the Kanto or Sinnoh region, hello?

The summary literally says that they're there to steal the Pokemon at the Resort Area, not all the Pokemon in the whole Sinnoh region. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom