• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN024: Take a Break! Rocket-dan!

Better episode than last week one. That is what I'll expected. Loved to see Matori get into action and almost fulfilled the task by capturing Pikachu that what Team Rocket Trio had failed so many times. Only ashamed, that the Alolan Meowth didn't follow her. That will make the episode even more enjoyable.

Overall rating: B+

Last edited:
Just another episode that proves how TRio are better off doing their own thing and being their bumbling selves instead of being a part of that lame organization. There are a few gripes with regards to the power levels of Pokemon (and some minor stuff), but otherwise it's a decent episode that's far more enjoyable than the last one.

A much better showing than last week despite a couple of instant catches. Team Rocket continue to prove that whenever they get episodes to themselves they shine. I've always said there are two type of Team Rocket, Filler Villain Team Rocket where they try to steal the Pokémon of the week and just make niusances of themselves to pad the runtime and Focus Team Rocket where they get the chance to show off their character traits and carry episodes to greatness, and I'm happy to say that the Team Rocket we saw today were rooted firmly in the latter camp. Even that one piece of country music I tend to complain about didn't feel particularly out of place this time either.

And even with the instant catches I liked that Gou's first response to a ball failing was to send out one of his own Pokémon to battle it, some character growth I hope to see continue into future episodes.

Ok that was SO GOOD. Favourite bits were Kojiro being a nerd the WHOLE episode (the fishing, the tracker, the absurd ease with which he picked that lock...), Nyasu’s fantasy and Musashi having to be physically stopped from reciting the motto at the end :bulbaLove:

Oh and how could I forget - the return of Tosakinto and it’s sexy voice!

This was really good. Team Rocket Trio trying to stay out of Team Rocket bussines is amazing even when they are provocated. I will post a more extensive review when the episode is subbed.

This episode shows how in reality if Jessie James and Meowth are in Team Rocket is just for Giovanni, if Giovanni dissapears it's over for them, this was hinted in let's Go where instead of making a new Team Rocket they want to find the boss.

I hope this leads to more Team Rocket Organization episodes, they are show as quite strong elements.

Of course Im dissapointed with Giovanni not appearing at all. I find really strange that he is not even in his allmighty couch.

And of course Hillbilly Go shenanigans...I hate the dex and I hate THAT HILLBILLY JIM MUSIC (I love Hillbilly music but the context of that music is horrendous)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBnutz8AxcA

Last edited:
Anime: Episode set in the Sinnoh region
Also Anime: Lets have Go catch Kanto Mons instead of Sinnoh ones.
I came here to moan about the same thing

Decent enough episode with a nice bit of action- but it’s all just noise until we get to the Korrina stuff.

The episode's set in the Resort Area of Sinnoh so the Pokémon choice here is actually quite accurate.

The giant "Boss" Koiking comes directly from the games as well.

B38FA38D-A6E4-4BE2-8A40-4ECF688439A8.jpeg

FD763BE8-739B-4DF2-8271-689D373E01E8.jpeg

That is true and excusable, but what about the regular Magikarp and Goldeen? Those two seemed unnecessary.
They didn't now the "Boss" was a Magikarp, so Goh caught it to fill up his dex.
On a different note, is this episode featuring the same Resort Area in the games or is it anime original?
The same one.

I really enjoyed this episode, a few complaints such as Goh catching a Pokemon that Ash got whilst fishing

Was good to see Goh use his Pokemon to help catch a Pokemon, good use of Oddish there

Was great to see Team Rocket interacting with Ash and Goh in a way that wasn't antagonistic

Loved the variety of Pokemon seen

The episode's set in the Resort Area of Sinnoh so the Pokémon choice here is actually quite accurate.

The giant "Boss" Koiking comes directly from the games as well.

View attachment 133858

View attachment 133859

Credit they did do that but of all of the possible things to possibly reference, they reference that?

I really enjoyed this episode, a few complaints such as Goh catching a Pokemon that Ash got whilst fishing

Was good to see Goh use his Pokemon to help catch a Pokemon, good use of Oddish there

Was great to see Team Rocket interacting with Ash and Goh in a way that wasn't antagonistic

Loved the variety of Pokemon seen

Oh they did? Missed that detail from just the Serebii images. Which fish was it?

It was nice to see Go actually use his Pokémon to weaken another when the God Throw failed on the giant Magikarp and hope that they continue that more in the future. Though it seems Go’s spam catching without use is getting to me, remind me, when was it that Go caught an Oddish again?

Last edited:
It was nice to see Go actually use his Pokémon to weaken another when the God Throw failed on the giant Magikarp and hope that they continue that more in the future. Though it seems Go’s spam catching without use is getting to me, remind me, when was it that Go catch and Oddish again?
During the orienteering episode.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom