• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a disastrous plot point, if it were to ever happen. It's already bad enough with Gou's goal/ambition but to be handed a powerful Pokemon that can Mega Evolve on a platter (I hated the games for doing this btw)...?
I don't think it's especially likely, but I wanted to throw it out just in case it happens and I can point at that post later, as happened when Ash's aura sensitivity returned.
(Also that part of XY made me hate my own player character)

Btw, where did the "must see / important role" thing come from? The summary says nothing of the sorts.
Pokémon fan magazine:
SCOOP 4: GO GETS A TON OF POKÈMON IN THE KALOS REGION?!
Go tries to get new Pokémon on his first visit to the Kalos region! How many Pokémon will he be able to register in the Pokémon Zukan?
YAYAKOMA: It's friendly, but will face battles with a burning fighting spirit!
KAMETETE: Two Kametete live together on a single rock. And sometimes they don't get along and start to fight?!
BOKUREI: They use voices that resemble humans' to lure people deep into forests where they get lost!
KOFUKIMUSHI: It can regulate its body temperature using the power that covers its body. This lets it live in both blazing hot and freezing cold areas.
FLABEBE: When it discovers a flower it likes, it will live with that flower for the rest of its life.
*Blurb: There are all kinds of flower colors!
Go will play a major role in the episode airing May 10th as well! His role in this episode is just as much a must see as Satoshi's fierce battle!
(Airdate and -time may vary depending on region. A different episode may air instead)"
I have previously mentioned that I would not be surprised if the magazine just thinks him rapidly capturing a bunch of things is more exciting than we do, though.

Though I have to wonder if they bought in Korrina to help promote Mega Evolution coming to GO... :unsure:

Then again, they could've done that with a lot of people...

Though I have to wonder if they bought in Korrina to help promote Mega Evolution coming to GO... :unsure:

Korrina has a strong connection to Mega Evolution, so if it's to promote Megas coming to Go I can understand why they chose her.

This could be all it is, yeah. The last time he's had a massive catching spree that could also be considered "an important role" would be in Episode 20, which reiterated both his and Ash's goals. Seems like something along that line.

And yeah, rapid catching sprees = instant bore despite the lame attempt at hype building.

And don't forget the banjo... Sigh.

Do keep in mind that this episode was supposed to air back in the beginning of May, so I would say Korrina's appearance in the anime at roughly the same time as the announcement that Mega Evolution is coming to Pokemon Go is just a coincidence

Pokemon's official Youtube channel is posting the 7 Korrina episodes from XY to commemorate this episode.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1273812830156926976

I won't get my hopes up, but I think this is an amazing precedent to set. By doing this, they can get away with referencing older characters/Pokemon by airing their respective episodes on youtube. This should take care of the "problem" of younger fans not getting old or obscure references. I don't believe they did this with the Lt. Surge episode though, so this might not be a repeated occurrence, but I really hope they continue this format going forward.

Pokemon's official Youtube channel is posting the 7 Korrina episodes from XY to commemorate this episode.

I won't get my hopes up, but I think this is an amazing precedent to set. By doing this, they can get away with referencing older characters/Pokemon by airing their respective episodes on youtube. This should take care of the "problem" of younger fans not getting old or obscure references. I don't believe they did this with the Lt. Surge episode though, so this might not be a repeated occurrence, but I really hope they continue this format going forward.

Well, Lt. Surge is from OS, so many parents know him and can tell their kids about him.

They'd REALLY have to fuck up for that to happen. At worst this should be a meh episode.

I’m guessing Go’s presence in the episode might make or break it for some people, since he’s set to go on a catching spree for some Kalos Pokémon, so some of the episode will be given to Go.

I like Go so I don’t really mind, since I don’t believe they’d spend too much time on it considering Ash is the main focus of the episode, anyways. I’m guessing after they meet Korrina at the beginning, there will be a montage between Go catching Pokémon and Ash & Korrina winning matches until Ash and Korrina actually fight.

Annnnnnnnd it's not available to watch in the US :confused:

They've allowed us to watch their content before :( why stop it now?

Let's hope this episode lives up to the hype and we don't get a repeat of 9.

I just wish I didn't have a nightmare of waking up to a loss, and not just a loss but the sort of loss that makes fans foam at the mouth.

...I have those with Ash for some reason. Still better than the college dreams....

I just wish I didn't have a nightmare of waking up to a loss, and not just a loss but the sort of loss that makes fans foam at the mouth.

...I have those with Ash for some reason. Still better than the college dreams....
I don't recall ever having a Pokémon nightmare but I did have a dream where Ash won the Kalos league before that infamous episode actually aired.
That was just more evidence I do not have prophetic dreams.

Although since this is just a PWC match even a really, really silly loss probably wouldn't get too much backlash unless something really dumb happens like Gou challenges her after and wins.
Edit: New comic for this episode:

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1274250635806834689

Pikachu gets fired up and isn't even being used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom