• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi has decided to enter the "Battle Festival", a battle tournament held in the Kalos region. There, he ends up facing Corni, a Gym Leader he's previously battled in the Kalos region!

Summary:
Satoshi has decided to enter the "Battle Festival", a battle tournament held in the Kalos region. Lots of Pokémon World Championships participants are attending this tournament, so it's a gold opportunity to increase one's rank! After successfully winning his way through several battles, Satoshi ends up having to fight Corni, a Gym Leader he's previously battled in the Kalos region, in the match where his progression to the Super Class is at stake. How is Satoshi planning on taking on Corni's Mega Lucario?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Rabbifoot
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Kiyotaka Furushima: Lucario
Risa Shimizu: Kofukimushi
Kei Shindo: Riolu
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gangar
Sayaka Senbongi: Yayakoma
Tatsuki Kobe: Kametete
Noriaki Kanze: Kametete
Toshitsugi Takashina: Mega Evolution Guru
Yuka Terasaki: Corni
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Maxwell Powers: Drone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Looks like Gou is catching a Fletchling and maybe Binacle.

Any idea what Korrina's other Pokémon is? I don't see any other fighting type names.
Maybe she has two Lucario now like the games?

Any idea what Korrina's other Pokémon is? I don't see any other fighting type names.

One of the magazines did show Go with a bunch of Kalos Pokémon since he’s set to go on another catching spree during the episode. Kofukimushi is Scatterbug. It’s possible that he catches some that don’t say anything, since Flabebe was one of those Pokémon but they aren’t listed.

It is weird that no other fighting type Pokémon appear, though it would be strange to give her two Lucario since her main one has an established personality and such. It’s possible though. Maybe she has a Riolu, but for a big battle like this, having a Riolu would be a bit strange.

One of the magazines did show Go with a bunch of Kalos Pokémon since he’s set to go on another catching spree during the episode. Kofukimushi is Scatterbug. It’s possible that he catches some that don’t say anything, since Flabebe was one of those Pokémon but they aren’t listed.

It is weird that no other fighting type Pokémon appear, though it would be strange to give her two Lucario since her main one has an established personality and such. It’s possible though. Maybe she has a Riolu, but for a big battle like this, having a Riolu would be a bit strange.
I'm pretty sure that's ash's riolu.

Mienshao and Machamp, although they might have the same VA as more important characters or its just a 1v1 and the Upcoming Preview trailer deceived us because they didn't want to spoil Dragonite.

I will lmao if they give Ash a keystone.

A bit late for that now eh?

It would be weird that they didn’t give him one for Kalos, but they are traveling the whole world and this series is breaking tradition, I wouldn’t say it’s impossible that Ash could get a Mega.

I don’t think it would be in this episode though, they’d probably save it for later.

Mienshao and Machamp, although they might have the same VA as more important characters or its just a 1v1.

Actually, a 1v1 makes sense. Even though we see Gengar battling in the same arena as Dragonite and Lucario, it could be for a different battle that happens prior that ends rather quickly.

It would be weird that they didn’t give him one for Kalos, but they are traveling the whole world and this series is breaking tradition, I wouldn’t say it’s impossible that Ash could get a Mega.

I don’t think it would be in this episode though, they’d probably save it for later.
Yeah when ash caught riolu I had a feeling it would mega evolve since the anime is going to visit more than just the galar region. If they actually do it that would be awesome.

Yeah when ash caught riolu I had a feeling it would mega evolve since the anime is going to visit more than just the galar region. If they actually do it that would be awesome.

I wouldn’t be surprised, though I don’t think he would get the Mega Stone until after Riolu evolves into Lucario. If they go the obvious route of Ash’s Riolu looking up to Korrina’s Lucario and having a rivalry with it, it could lead to a Mega Lucario vs. Mega Lucario battle.

I never said it was impossible.

IMO, the novelty has worn off. He should have gotten one in XY (It is still amazing to me how they didn't allow the main character of the series to shill the main gimmick of generation 6 lol). Also, I think Lucario is going to get a gmax form eventually, so it would seem kind of redundant to rehash the whole ME storyline again.

I wouldn’t be surprised, though I don’t think he would get the Mega Stone until after Riolu evolves into Lucario. If they go the obvious route of Ash’s Riolu looking up to Korrina’s Lucario and having a rivalry with it, it could lead to a Mega Lucario vs. Mega Lucario battle.
Yeah I feel like they want to stay away from that. That's what I love about this series. It's completely unpredictable. When I saw the dragonite, I thought this was just another go capture episode but no it was ash's time to shine.

IMO, the novelty has worn off. He should have gotten one in XY (It is still amazing to me how they didn't allow the main character of the series to shill the main gimmick of generation 6 lol).
Writers during XY:
MegaEvoStruggle.jpg
Korrina reappearing with her Mega Lucario right after Ash gets a Riolu seems too perfect to me, I think he's getting a mega evo this series.

Writers during XY:
Korrina reappearing with her Mega Lucario right after Ash gets a Riolu seems too perfect to me, I think he's getting a mega evo this series.

Ash dealing with a Mega Evolution would be a good way to test his skills especially considering he’s meant to be at his best now. Lucario easily makes the most sense since they seem to be keeping Riolu out of his ball, and they could easily have Riolu look up to Korrina’s Lucario as a role model and rival.

The only other Ash Pokémon I could see getting a Mega Evolution is if he catches Tyranitar like most people think, or if Charizard returns for the World Championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom