• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Concombre's new voice makes me sad. I mean sure, there was no way around it of course but still. When Corni's grandfather started talking and it was someone other than Mr. Unshou speaking it really took me out of it for a second.

Miyazaki music in this episode!

Yup! He even got properly credited, too!

music_edit_smaller.png

I had always wondered if there was something preventing the show from using Mr. Miyazaki's (post-2012) tracks in the new series but I guess we have our answer!

But that just makes this episode's music even more frustrating to me. If they have access to the music that Shinji Miyazaki composed for the XY series then why stop with a single track from Movie 19? Why did they play Hayashi's Sword & Shield battle theme when they could have used Miyazaki's XY battle theme? Why not use more of the XY music that Mr. Miyazaki composed to help the episode actually feel like it took place in the Kalos Region?

Awesome episode. The battle doesn't quite match Vasques, but it's definitely up there. Mega Lucario vs Dragonite was obviously the highlight. Lucario was a beast and Dragonite made a great debut, I do wish Lucario could survive more than one attack though (a product of being confined to a single episode). Not too much to say about Ash and Korrina's interactions yet because subs aren't out. One thing I believe I did pick out sadly was; Announcer: "Gym Leader Corni vs Alola Champion Satoshi from Masara Town". I guess they just won't acknowledge that until we gen an Alola episode.

The episode moved at such a brisk pace, it felt 10 minutes long. It would definitely have benefited from being a two-parter, and from a story perspective it would have made more sense for Korrina to win and for there to be a rematch later down the line (when Ash has a Lucario of his own). They might be shooting themselves in the foot buy making this series so episodic, cramming 3 plotlines into a 20 minute episode can be an information overload and will surely be more confusing to a viewer than a well paced two-parter (with a recap in the second part).

Last edited:
Feels kind of early for Ash to be out of the Normal class, tbh. He is already 921 and it hasn't even been 30 episodes
I get the feeling the anime will enter an arc where Ash loses to someone in this new rank, making him go back to Normal class. There might be a bit of a tug-of-war going on with his ranking. I feel like Ash only going up ranks would make it a little uninteresting.

It's my imagination or Dragonite only landed one hit at Lucario face, which makes sense since you dont want to be hit at the face by a Dragon dancing Dragonite also Dragonite is a really resilent Pokemon, I liked how he changes his personality in battle
6- Dragonite did use two dragon dances but still it knocked out a mega evolved Pokémon with one hit , that is the pure definition of plot armour .(-)

Time for One Punch Mon memes.

Man Gengar losing made me a little sad but Dragonite winning against a Mega was awesome. Goh catching all those Kalos Pokemon was cool too I just hope he'll use Phantump a bit and not just leave it at the lab all the time.

The only good thing about Gengar's appearance in this episode was that it went down to a super-effective move. Aside from that, Gengar really got the short end of the stick. Psychic got nerfed hard compared to how it was used in the Visquez battle, and Korrina basically took Gengar down for free since neither of her Pokemon took any damage at all. Yes, Dragonite absolutely deserves its time in the spotlight after its long absence from battles, but at what cost?

Speaking of Dragonite, its battles were... decent. Not sure if the spinning Dragon Dance was an intentional reference to Counter Shield or not, but it was nice to see Ash use a stat-boosting move defensively regardless. Seeing Mega Evolution again was hype, I really hope this won't be the last time we'll see it in this series. Subpar animation aside, my only real gripe with the Mega Lucario vs Dragonite battle was that Mega Lucario went down to one not-effective attack. Yes, that was after two Dragon Dances, but after watching Dragonite tank multiple not-effective attacks from both Mienshao and Mega Lucario, it was kinda underwhelming to see a Mega go down to one resisted attack. More screentime would've really helped improve the battle, but I guess watching Gou catch the same Pokemon five times was just as important as Ash's rank-increasing battle with a returning Gym Leader.

I'll wait for subs before I watch the episode again (some of the move names were unclear to me), but overall, this was a decent episode. Yeah, it could've been better, but I wasn't exactly disappointed either. Battle-wise, I definitely enjoyed the Visquez battle more than this battle, but it was still a fun battle to watch.

Well Dragonite is apparently that strong and tanky compared to Lucario.

As someone did the calculation at +2 dragon dance dragon claw will deal more damage to Mega Lucario than Mega Lucario with adaptability will do to a Dragonite with Power Up Punch or even Aura Sphere.

While yes I do agree Lucario should've been hit more, I do think that's the fault of the flow/structure of the battle as a result of this episode being too episodic. This should've easily been a two parter.

Finally got to watch the episode, and I loved it! Go did catch quite a lot of Pokémon, but they were already fairly weak Pokémon and I don’t think he took up too much time of the episode.

Gengar did get taken out fairly easily but it seems like Gengar is sort of a glass cannon. He’s dealt powerful blows but he seems to not have the highest of defenses. It will actually be interesting if they intended him to be a glass cannon, since it would be nice to see Ash develop a strategy to deal with Gengar’s frail defenses. They also wanted to focus on Dragonite. Ash using Dragon Dance twice to power up Dragonite was nice to see, Ash was really taking this fight seriously.

We finally got a shot of all of Ash’s team outside together, which was nice.

Loved Riolu’s reaction to Lucario. Riolu took an interest in Mega Evolution.

Korrina wishing to fight Leon gives her an easy way to rival Ash. I think Korrina might just make it to the Top 8 if they really want to focus on her character, I do like her and Ash’s interactions, they have a similar spirit.

This episode definitely laid the groundwork for some good character development for Riolu and a potential Ash vs. Korrina rivalry. Really good episode!

Last edited:
POKEMON JOURNEYS EPISODE 25 REVIEW

The Girl of the Corn

The Plusle
PLUSLE.png

• Hey a battle episode is always good, right? Right? Everybody has forgoten the Elessa Batle right ?
  • Is Dragonite shine time
  • I love the mechanics of Ash Team, Pikachu is the star, Gengar is the glass cannon and Dragonite is the tank, Riolu will be the brawler.
  • We see Ash beat a mega evolution with a single pokemon. That is good
  • Dragonite is the boss in battles, but I still wanted my momma Dragonite from the poster. (Yeah I might have to get over that)
  • Dragon Dance spam like in real life Pokémon Word Championsip battles
  • Finally we are in Super Class, can the real trainers stand up now?
  • A thing I never said before: I love the character designs from each of the World Tournament / Coronation participants each had a very unique look, a step up from other sagas
  • Nice to see Corni/Corelia and Gurkin (Did you know that in Spain he is called "Mega Gramps"? (Mega Iaio)) I hope this open the gates to more appearences of former characters. Ash has some unfinished business with certain people.
  • Riolu focus, I hope something big is coming for him.
  • Cocky Ash
The Minum
MINUM.png

• Go. Are you surprised? he even took the place of that stupid machine in my avatar, and I'm not changing it. Unless Team Rocket make a capture, then he will take my avatar place (And my heart to )
  • The strategy seemed a bit ¿off? Gengar with the rock, the wind...
  • Dragonite should have landed more hits
  • Hyper Beam? Really
  • Also why only four moves, In the games there is a reason (To make them harder) but I cannot see why in the anime they cannot learn 5 or 6 moves.
  • What has happened with the whole searching for Pokemon is difficult... Oops I forgot this is based in the Pokemon Go verse where you can find a Golbat in your room.

The questions
icon.png

• Kojaru? Gozaru? Kiliminjaru? How was that girl named again?
  • Why Go WHY? I had faith in you man. I swear you produced hype in me untill Christmas, then episode 6 happened. Such a cool design wasted by the whole Pokémon GO propaganda.
  • Is Go using lure? Cause if not I cant undertsantd why how many Pokemon approach him.
  • Is Greninja dead? Yes
  • What time is the funeral for that poor kid from the crowd that went flying when M-Lucario disperssed the hurricane?
  • Why does Ash does not remember one of his best friends, his annoying sister or that girl that he touched his lips with?
  • Who is gonna to be next in the return list?
  • Who is going to crush Ash dreams this time? Or is he gonna win?
  • WHY NEXT EPISODE WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Puntuation

My rating for this episode are Four Flabebe realizing his grim fate out of Five poor poor creature pray for him or her IDK.

flabebe  grim fate.png
flabebe  grim fate.png
flabebe  grim fate.png
flabebe  grim fate.png

See you next week in that.... extravaganza (MOM I WANT TO GET TO GALAR BUAAH).

I hope this open the gates to more appearences of former characters. Ash has some unfinished business with certain people.
I agree, yet I have no idea if we're thinking of the same people.

What time is the funeral for that poor kid from the crowd that went flying when M-Lucario disperssed the hurricane?
I guess only Sinnoh had those audience protecting force fields.

that girl that he touched his lips with?
He probably forgot about that, it's been a few years weeks.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom