• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this canonizes the DBZ theory for Ash's post-Journeys adventures. :lapras:
I think it points towards the theory that Ash's dad is Goku.
*Incredibly physical strength for their age.
*Good natured and perhaps overly forgiving.
*Ash's dad is a deadbeat.
*Now, we see they can both turn blonde.

Last edited:
I think it points towards the theory that Ash's dad is Goku.
*Incredibly physical strength for their age.
*Good natured and perhaps overly forgiving.
*Ash's dad is a deadbeat.
*Now, we see they can both turn blonde.
do we are misssing somthing else?

I randomly see this thread and the only thing I can say is, pardon my language, what the fuck? I have seen extremely random and weird things like Germs: Nerawareta Machi or Tong Nou, but this? I don't know if I should watch this or not.

Press release said:
さらに、今回の放送は「ポケモンだいすきクラブ」で公開中の「I LOVE コイキング」と「どないやねん ヤドン」が挿入歌として流れます。コイキングとヤドン好き必見の今週のアニポケにぜひご注目ください!
"I Love Koiking" and "What's Going on, Yadon?" will be used as insert songs during the broadcast.

Summary and images can be found here

The two insert songs has me starting to wonder if something special is going on behind this one and we won't be seeing more A/B split episodes.
Oh please God no. Based on the preview alone, this one was more than enough.

Huge magikarp, huge slowpoke, and huge Ash and Go, I'm spotting a pattern here.
I’d like to spot the pattern but my eyes are still recovering from the bleach I had to use to wash the image of swol Ash and Go out of them.

The greatest question of this episode is:

What the heck is Team Rocket going to do?

I would prefer that they are not in this episode. I think we will have a small cameo like the Haunted House episode in Kalos. (That one when they only appeared for 5 seconds)

The greatest question of this episode is:

What the heck is Team Rocket going to do?

I would prefer that they are not in this episode. I think we will have a small cameo like the Haunted House episode in Kalos. (That one when they only appeared for 5 seconds)

They’ll probably either try and steal all the Magikarp or Slowpoke.

The dual-plot split episode format isn't exactly an issue, if anything then it can work out if used properly... I'd rather see fillers being done in this split way instead of bloating out entire episodes with useless stuff and then having an obligatory TRio conflict where it's not needed.

The problem comes with the writing in these fillers and their placement especially with respect to main episodes. Like for example, 25 and 26 should have been a two-parter for the Korrina battle to fully flesh out all the development in it... not a rushed battle episode (with obligatory boring Goh screentime) followed by what appears to be a cringey filler.
My problem with this format is that while it may seem like it cuts down on the fillers, it instead causes the completely pointless fillers to multiply. After all, just given what we’re seeing here, there is absolutely nothing of value to be had from the plots of either and the previews certainly aren’t painting anything worth their time to watch. Plus, given how they make the series, it wouldn’t even cut down on the fillers anyway. I’d personally rather watch a full on filler that has the potential to at least be interesting vs 2 diluted lower quality fillers that basically have no real time for anything but a rushed plot and resolution due to them only being 11 minutes long.

This episode really reminds me of a Naruto filler. Not necessarily in a bad way but in a "so bizarrely stupid and ridiculous that it's warps back to being funny" kinda way. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom