• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I'm honestly surprised the show didn't try the whole two-in-one thing back when they were trying to piggyback off Yokai Watch's popularity back in the last series.
Pokémon trying to piggyback off another show's popularity? That has happened? I thought it's usually other shows doing that with Pokémon.

Ok, this episode intrigues me. We have Fujisaku who returns after a 21 episode absence. One thing that makes it more interesting is that we have Yuyama for Storyboard who was Executive Director for the Anime from OS up to SM and has only Directed/Storyboard Two Episodes as far as I know one which was the First Episode of the Anime & next one the First Episode of Best Wishes. So this is a rare case. On top of all this we have this two-part split thingy. I think this is an obvious experiment to see how people will react so they could get a green light before doing more-of this type of episodes.

I kinda like the idea of them doing two short segments for a filler-esque episode. It's not like you wouldn't be able to cut an average half an hour episode by half just by trimming a lot of the unnecessary stuff that's just there for padding.

One thing that makes it more interesting is that we have Yuyama for Storyboard who was Executive Director for the Anime from OS up to SM and has only Directed/Storyboard Two Episodes as far as I know one which was the First Episode of the Anime & next one the First Episode of Best Wishes.
Yuyama has actually boarded 10 episodes over the course of the series including my most precious 'Sayonara Dokucale' sob sob sob.

But yes anyway, I agree, this is likely to be an experiment to see if the format is workable and... why not? They have a fuckton of Pokemon they need to try and showcase in a limited period of time, and a history of some very dull padded out fillers, why not give this a try? As long as this doesn't become the norm (some stories require a full 20 mins, let alone those which require 2-or-more-parters!) then I'm game.

Kasuga, eh? But where is his love interest partner?

images (1).jpeg

There is already a bigger photo uploaded by Dephender/Adamant:
20200513_185358.png
Gotta say, his PreCure character design was better.

I am not surprised at all, because this time we only have 2 main protagonists, while in the past we had three or more.

I don't think the number of protagonist matters that much. If anything, this may have helped out the series with the larger cast.

I think we now know where Gou got a Magikarp:

View: https://youtu.be/iJDkQRIlSos

I mean, isn't it a safe assumption that he gets the Magikarp seen in that video (for episode 24)?

He definitely catches it. The plot of the Magikarp part of the episode is that Go’s Magikarp is too fat to jump well. Looking at that clip again though, that Magikarp is GIGANTIC. If that evolved into a Gyarados, jeez, talk about powerful.

I think this Magikarp was even bigger, and it did evolve.
The Gyarados wasn't as massive as you'd expect though.

I do remember that episode. Though they could really just make it as big as they want to. I wouldn’t imagine Magikarp getting enough experience to evolve unless another big event happens at Sakuragi Lab that requires it to evolve to protect itself or something.

Unless it gets enough experience to evolve because of the contest or something.

I do remember that episode. Though they could really just make it as big as they want to. I wouldn’t imagine Magikarp getting enough experience to evolve unless another big event happens at Sakuragi Lab that requires it to evolve to protect itself or something.

Unless it gets enough experience to evolve because of the contest or something.
This is the Pokémon anime though. We’ve had Pokémon evolve in the past from less. Hell just look at Karpy in that SM episode who evolved despite having no practical battle experience simply for a metaphor about child stars getting older not meaning the end of the road for them.

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

An extravagant double header!
"Splash, Koiking!"
Go has entered a Koiking High Jump tournament, where he meets the undisputed champion Kasuking!
"Crown Yourself, Yadoking!"
What happens on Yadon Island?!

Summary:
An extravagant double header!
"Splash, Koiking!"
Go has entered a "Koiking High Jump Tournament", but he's highly unlikely to win because his Koiking is so fat. He then decides to train Koiking, referencing the bodybuilding videos made by Kasuking, the tournament's undisputed champion!
"Crown Yourself, Yadoking!"
Satoshi and Go have come to Yadon Island, which is filled with Yadon as far as the eye can see! But then a Yadoking shows up as well, and a strange change comes over Satoshi.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Koijro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Toshiaki Kasuga: Kasuking
Kenta Miyake: Running Commentator (in ad)
Tatsuki Kobe: Running Commentator
Noriaki Kanze: Attendant
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom