• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like it was directed by the ghost of Shudo.

...what does that even mean? Shudo's written episodes were some of the most realistic ones in the whole show because they dealt with subject matter such as romance, heartbreak, art, inspiration, communication, phobias, nature and other relatable things (other than a couple weird ones like the giant Alakazam episode). Sheesh put some respect on his name.

If we're going to complain about this episode (and I have empathy because this episode looks SuMo-tastic in the worst way) then can the complaints be logical?

...what does that even mean? Shudo's written episodes were some of the most realistic ones in the whole show because they dealt with subject matter such as romance, heartbreak, art, inspiration, communication, phobias, nature and other relatable things (other than a couple weird ones like the giant Alakazam episode). Sheesh put some respect on his name.

If we're going to complain about this episode (and I have empathy because this episode looks SuMo-tastic in the worst way) then can the complaints be logical?

Shudo made Ash to be a vanilla protag to help highlight characters with more 'interesting' stuff to them like the TR trio. If anything a Shudo episode by his ghost would be Goh focused.

Nvm, don't answer that, it's a Fujisaku episode.
To be fair most of Fujisaku's gag episodes have been good with the exception of the Exciting Adventure one which somehow managed to be less exciting than watching a feature-length movie of nothing but Goh's catch spamming.

It's like it was directed by the ghost of Shudo. Heck, I have to wonder if even he would've hated it... :unsure:
The only terrible episode Shudo ever wrote was Xatu the Future. I have no idea how you correlate this to him.

I'm not writing this episode off as terrible just yet; it is entirely possible that all the bad stuff was in the preview and the parts of the episode we didn't see will be good and Fujisaku does have a decent track record with episodes of this caliber bar the single aforementioned dud (which in and of itself probably wouldn't have been as bad as it was if they had just had subtitles instead of voiced Pokémon). But yeah, Bodybuilder Ash and Goh was something I could have lived without seeing.

To be fair most of Fujisaku's gag episodes have been good with the exception of the Exciting Adventure one which somehow managed to be less exciting than watching a feature-length movie of nothing but Goh's catch spamming.

The only terrible episode Shudo ever wrote was Xatu the Future. I have no idea how you correlate this to him.

I'm not writing this episode off as terrible just yet; it is entirely possible that all the bad stuff was in the preview and the parts of the episode we didn't see will be good and Fujisaku does have a decent track record with episodes of this caliber bar the single aforementioned dud (which in and of itself probably wouldn't have been as bad as it was if they had just had subtitles instead of voiced Pokémon). But yeah, Bodybuilder Ash and Goh was something I could have lived without seeing.

I'm find with muscular Ash....I just prefer that on an Ash who is officially not 'still 10'.

It's really something when you log on looking for screen caps from the Korrina episode and are greeted with that instead :sneaky: I literally woke up to swole Ash and Goh and I'm not really sure how to process that.

I think the episode looks like it'll be funny. It's not going to be Earth shattering, and it following the Korrina episode is definitely going to hurt its perception, but I'm always down for an insanely goofy episode!

Funny you say that, I kind of liked Yokai Watch.

And I respect that. But Im not into it.

Maybe it's because I'm biassed cause when Level-5 focalized on Yokai or on failures like Snack World I was mad cause I wanted them to do Inazuma Eleven (In my country and in all Europe Inazuma Eleven was a huge success).

It's not my cup of tea.

Mmm It seems that the last episode Shudo wrote was the Slowpoke Shrine from Master Quest.. Coincidence?

Sooo... I guess I‘m the only one who‘s actually looking forward to the episode?
(BTW did you see my new lit profile pic?)

Yes... have you seen mine?

Im not a fan of gag episodes not here not on Naruto not on Dragon Ball.

I will watch the episode for the lulz, also the Rockets are there so...

The Rockets can make a bad episode work for me (Drampa episode, Oranguru Episode,Meltan episode,Litwick episode, the Combee saga).

It's really something when you log on looking for screen caps from the Korrina episode and are greeted with that instead :sneaky: I literally woke up to swole Ash and Goh and I'm not really sure how to process that.

I think the episode looks like it'll be funny. It's not going to be Earth shattering, and it following the Korrina episode is definitely going to hurt its perception, but I'm always down for an insanely goofy episode!
going to be so funny and i was going to say why is 2 on the end card of the preview and also 2 diferent colors for it

Why is this advertised as some sort of two-episode special? Is it going to be presented as two 10-minute episodes?

More like two 10-minute plots in one episode. This concept has been seen in other cartoons before.

I recently watched Steven Universe which did the 2-in-1 episode structure, and I think they did it well. I was surprised that I enjoyed the episode structure as much as I did, since I didn’t believe I would like the shorter episodes. However, it showed that you can make an interesting and enjoyable episode in such short time. So I have more faith in this episode now than I did when this episode was first announced.

I don’t think this episode will be anything really special, but sometimes an episode just needs to be fun.

I recently watched Steven Universe which did the 2-in-1 episode structure, and I think they did it well. I was surprised that I enjoyed the episode structure as much as I did, since I didn’t believe I would like the shorter episodes. However, it showed that you can make an interesting and enjoyable episode in such short time. So I have more faith in this episode now than I did when this episode was first announced.

I don’t think this episode will be anything really special, but sometimes an episode just needs to be fun.
well a least we know team rocket will be on a least one or both and i think this episode is a bit of cool down before the next 2 big episodes

Sooo... I guess I‘m the only one who‘s actually looking forward to the episode?
(BTW did you see my new lit profile pic?)
You're not the only one, this episode seems like a lot of fun to me and I'm more excited for that one than for the Sobble (capture?) episode.

And I respect that. But Im not into it.

Maybe it's because I'm biassed cause when Level-5 focalized on Yokai or on failures like Snack World I was mad cause I wanted them to do Inazuma Eleven (In my country and in all Europe Inazuma Eleven was a huge success).

It's not my cup of tea.

Mmm It seems that the last episode Shudo wrote was the Slowpoke Shrine from Master Quest.. Coincidence?

Yes... have you seen mine?

I'm not a fan of gag episodes not here not on Naruto not on Dragon Ball.

I will watch the episode for the lulz, also the Rockets are there so...

The Rockets can make a bad episode work for me (Drampa episode, Oranguru Episode, Meltan episode, Litwick episode, the Combee saga).

I liked the humour of the "Yokai Watch" cartoon although some of the human character designs were a little bit on the ugly side (looking at you Bear and Eddie). Whisper is entertaining. I found the cat ghost thing slightly annoying but he was sometimes funny, too, like the time he became a moocher at Nate's house and started doing stuff like eating all the chocolates and making dolls move by themselves which almost got him and Whisper exorcised.

Sun and Moon was trying to emulate Yokai Watch and I was actualy fine with that. It made the show so much funnier!

Last edited:
...The preview invokes a feeling of horror within me regarding the next episode.

This feels like something that would fit right into Sun and Moon's cartoony and memey atmosphere/artstyle, but in the current series it just feels... kinda off, in an almost uncanny-valley-ish way. Reminds me of the Ash-Beautifly from a few episodes ago. I'm ironically looking forward to this episode just to see what horrors will unfold right in front of my eyes.

Yeah, this does look like it could be from Sun & Moon. The bishounen Ash gag in the preview is similar to one they used in SM.

They should have gone all out and given Pikachu muscles too. Though I did notice they actually drew abs on Magikarp.

Seeing boys with that kind of musculature is weird especially if we are talking about ten-year-olds.

What kid that age has that sort of body unless they've been fed steroids by an irresponsible adult?

New production sketch from the official Twitter.
EbGfhffVcAEcsJS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom