• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to these two 11 minute episodes, it looks like a lot of fun and I always enjoy the humour in the Pokémon anime.

Plus I find that fun episodes like this are needed or else the show would be boring. These episodes are just here for a nice laugh.

I’d personally rather watch a full on filler that has the potential to at least be interesting vs 2 diluted lower quality fillers that basically have no real time for anything but a rushed plot and resolution due to them only being 11 minutes long.

I would counter that by saying we could all probably come up with a list of filler episodes from the last 20 years or so that would have absolutely benefited from being cut down to 11 minutes. Not every story needs to be stretched out to a full half hour.

The format will be judged, by myself at least, by what it is actually like on release. We can only judge and no need to hit 'Trukk not Munkey' head on in the face.

Or we hit the opposite of that, to be hair

I would counter that by saying we could all probably come up with a list of filler episodes from the last 20 years or so that would have absolutely benefited from being cut down to 11 minutes. Not every story needs to be stretched out to a full half hour.
I’d personally argue that an 11 minute episode format doesn’t really work for a series like Pokémon even with its fillers. Usually that type of format is used with gag series in which the plot of the episode much less the order doesn’t really matter. Pokémon just isn’t that type of series as the feeling that this preview gives off is more reminiscent of Yo-Kai Watch humor as opposed to Pokémon’s.

In my experience of other shows that sometimes do 11-minute A & B stories and sometimes do 22-minute episodes, the staff are often not very well in touch when it comes to picking which stories deserve 22 minutes, so you end up with good but horribly rushed 11-minute plots you're longing to see get the full 22 minutes they deserve and excruciatingly boring 22-minute episodes that you desperately wish had been 11. With the way this series has been gping there is no doubt in my mind the same thing would happen here, even if in this particular instance it looks like they got it right. Although I still think that the stolen food one from 2 weeks ago should have been 11 minutes rather than 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom