• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Review JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

Into the Nether portal...
Reaction score
I take back what I said about this episode being bad. It's not bad at all.

It's absolutely horrendous and borderline creepy at times. I'm actually glad for that split format which smashed down two useless plots down into one episode instead of bloating out two separate episodes (though I'd rather have no fillers at all, especially not useless ones like this). Is this seriously the episode that was sacrificed in favor of what could have been a fantastic battle if the previous one was continued here, all for their nonsensical "self-contained episodes" format? Magikarp jumping into space, Ash/Goh/Pikachu/Raboot becoming Slowking, yep... definitely Fujisaku writing. Cringey and toilet level "humor".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Easily the worse episode, I'll have ever watched in any series. That is why, I warn everybody for the vomit today. Go's Magikarp could had easily toppled the Kaking Shiny if it wasn't jump all the way to the orbit. And the one with the Slowpoke is just pointless with exchange crown for being brainwashed. This episode is just ugh....

Overall rating: D+

Reaction score
This was the weirdest, most experimental Pokémon episode in like forever and I'm all for it.

Like it wasn't amazing by any means, but I'd rather have something as wacky as this over some bland garbage "help the CotD" type of filler we're so used to by now.

Shiny hunter
Reaction score
I legit forgot about it until 27 minutes past, but judging from the universal reactions here it doesn't sound like I missed much. I might as well wait for the sub now, maybe going in with rock-bottom expectations might make it more enjoyable somehow.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
I guess one good thing about the episode was by splitting it into two, we didn't get even more padding

Team Rocket's appearance was as pointless as ever

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Reaction score
I guess one good thing about the episode was by splitting it into two, we didn't get even more padding

I told you it will be an small cameo.

And thank god it was.

Also Gio without Persian in a poster. Holy Milktank Meowth

gio.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score

Coming from someone who actually enjoyed this (these?) episode, I have to agree. I don't think I would have liked it nearly as much if it had the padding most regular filler episodes have.