• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

I take back what I said about this episode being bad. It's not bad at all.

It's absolutely horrendous and borderline creepy at times. I'm actually glad for that split format which smashed down two useless plots down into one episode instead of bloating out two separate episodes (though I'd rather have no fillers at all, especially not useless ones like this). Is this seriously the episode that was sacrificed in favor of what could have been a fantastic battle if the previous one was continued here, all for their nonsensical "self-contained episodes" format? Magikarp jumping into space, Ash/Goh/Pikachu/Raboot becoming Slowking, yep... definitely Fujisaku writing. Cringey and toilet level "humor".

Last edited:
Easily the worse episode, I'll have ever watched in any series. That is why, I warn everybody for the vomit today. Go's Magikarp could had easily toppled the Kaking Shiny if it wasn't jump all the way to the orbit. And the one with the Slowpoke is just pointless with exchange crown for being brainwashed. This episode is just ugh....

Overall rating: D+

This was the weirdest, most experimental Pokémon episode in like forever and I'm all for it.

Like it wasn't amazing by any means, but I'd rather have something as wacky as this over some bland garbage "help the CotD" type of filler we're so used to by now.

I legit forgot about it until 27 minutes past, but judging from the universal reactions here it doesn't sound like I missed much. I might as well wait for the sub now, maybe going in with rock-bottom expectations might make it more enjoyable somehow.

I guess one good thing about the episode was by splitting it into two, we didn't get even more padding

Team Rocket's appearance was as pointless as ever

I told you it will be an small cameo.

And thank god it was.

Also Gio without Persian in a poster. Holy Milktank Meowth

gio.PNG

Last edited:
I guess one good thing about the episode was by splitting it into two, we didn't get even more padding

Team Rocket's appearance was as pointless as ever
Coming from someone who actually enjoyed this (these?) episode, I have to agree. I don't think I would have liked it nearly as much if it had the padding most regular filler episodes have.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom