• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN027: Legends of Heroes! Dande's Greatest Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main thing I'm seeing is that Raihan is ranked 7th.
The real main thing to see is that Raihan's 6' 8" height is being depicted properly.
Given Alola doesn’t have a stationary champion and Lance covers both Kanto and Johto, the top 6 might be all the champions. The numbers match.
Gotta wonder who the current #8 is. Personal hope, it's Brandon since the guy was definitely Champion level, though I doubt he'll have enough time given how much he travels and is into his archaeology.
That would make sense.

Poor Alder, you know he is going to be the first one to job.
Well, he was always portrayed as a slightly weaker Champion (not just in strength but other aspects as well).

I can't even see the silhouettes of the top trainers of the tournament. Is there a bigger and cleaner version of it?

I'm glad that Raihan's Social Media aspect was kept.
Plot twist: he follows Meowth's twitter feed, as part of a headcanon I once saw on tumblr that a bunch of people think Meowth is running a "roleplaying" account and he can't convince people he is actually a talking Meowth.

So if Raihan is number 7 I guess the theory Ash will take his place is less likely since Ash is probably entering the tournament at the lowest Master rank so I'm expecting him to replace number 8.

I'm glad that Raihan's Social Media aspect was kept.
Plot twist: he follows Meowth's twitter feed, as part of a headcanon I once saw on tumblr that a bunch of people think Meowth is running a "roleplaying" account and he can't convince people he is actually a talking Meowth.

So if Raihan is number 7 I guess the theory Ash will take his place is less likely since Ash is probably entering the tournament at the lowest Master rank so I'm expecting him to replace number 8.
Who do you think it will be?

Who do you think it will be?
I like the idea Panky has mentioned of it being Brandon (Ash could finally have a proper battle where Brandon uses all his Regis instead of holding back) but I expect it will be someone we haven't seen in the show yet. I actually wonder if they might use Hop to match part of his role from the game where he wants to defeat his brother but is prevented from facing him due to the player knocking him out of the tournament.

Still wondering what that red-orange like thing on Raihan's head is, a cap/hat or his hair? If the latter then it would look a bit, well..., strange. More like a plastic hat if you ask me.
But I think the producers have recently become sloppy when it comes to character design, so I shouldn't be surprised actually.

Just hope they'll air that episode soon and we'll hopefully get some compensation for Lance..

Last edited:
Still wondering what that red-orange like thing on Raihan's head is, a cap/hat or his hair? If the latter then it would look a bit, well..., strange. More like a plastic hat if you ask me.
But I think the producers have recently become sloppy when it comes to character design, so I shouldn't be surprised actually.
It's a bandana, you can see his hair sticking out of the top and the concept art even shows what he looks like without it on.

Which concept art do you mean?
I always thought he was wearing some kind of helmet because the bandanas I know look more like a piece of cloth (Admittedly, I don't know much about it though :ROFLMAO:)

Which concept art do you mean?
I always thought he was wearing some kind of helmet because the bandanas I know look more like a piece of cloth (Admittedly, I don't know much about it though :ROFLMAO:)
This concept art.

Granted "bandana" might not have been the right word now that I think about it, I'm not exactly sure what the right word for it in English would be. :unsure:

With any luck, this episode will be airing on the 5th or 12th July so not too long to wait

I'm very excited to see this episode, nice t see Leon getting some focus this early

I'd genuinely be disappointed in the writers if Champion Cynthia is not among the top 8. The anime has shown her to be completely unstoppable and she's one of the strongest trainers in the games.
I left some personal thoughts regarding Cynthia and the WCS here. I know you're not in denial, but still.

Poor Alder, you know he is going to be the first one to job.

Eh, he sucks anyway.

On another thread, someone mentioned Iris coming back in her B2W2 outfit. Wouldn't be something if she became Isshu Champ offscreen and was part of the PWC thanks to her OP AF Dragonite, and evolving that Gibble into a Garchomp in record time offscreen...and it Mega-Evolves! (Axew would STILL be as borderline-worthless as ever)

Cynthya should be in top 8 no doubt not the strongest but in high positions.

Guess that the legend of Zacian and Zamazenta will be revealed. Alongside the Darkest Day.

One thing I'm dreading about the Master-class battles is that they will all just be one-on-one Dynamax battles. I'd like them to use more Pokemon than just their aces. If the final battle at the end of the series is just Pikachu and Charizard, that would be boring as hell. That battle better be a six-on-six slugfest.

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go have gone to watch an official "Pokémon World Championships" match; Dande, the Greatest Of Them All VS Kibana, a Gym leader in the Galar region! And now the battle between these passionate men begins!!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go have gone to the Galar region to watch an official "Pokémon World Championships" match. They're both super excited to see a battle between two Trainers in the "Master Class", which consists of the 8 best in the championships. This noteworthy match is between Dande, the Greatest Of Them All and Satoshi's ultimate goal, and Kibana, a Gym leader of a Dragon Gym in the Galar region and Dande's rival. And now the battle between these passionate men begins!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Rabbifoot
Yuichi Nakamura: Sakuragi
Shinichiro Miki: Galar Kamonegi
Yuji Ueda: Barrierd
Kenta Miyake: Lizardon
Sayaka Senbongi: Messon
Daisuke Ono: Dande
Tatsuhisa Suzuki: Kibana