• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, nobody complained when everyone was saying Ash/Sobble was basically confirmed, even without sufficient evidence. Was that okay just because it was the popular opinion?

On an unrelated note, I expected "1, 2, 3" version 2 to premiere after Scorbunny evolved, but no dice. Now it's looking like episode 29 is when we'll finally get the new artist. Surely they'll update the OP to include Sobble, right?
I don’t know, I haven’t encouraged anyone to say Ash will get something. We know how that turns out.

We are talking about the same people who make us believe that and episode with Ho-oh was going to be made for this season and it was a lie. The same people who misleads us into believing that two of the most remembered characters of this series were going to appear in Episode 8.

This people? Confusing us? I'm in shock.

I saw the preview. I hate this. I really f-ing hate this. Hopefully the preview we just got is a fake out and Ash does end up getting Sobble, but after what happened in episode 27, I'm convinced Gou is going to catch Sobble. If that happens, then the writers and the people who came up with these advertisements, previews, scans, etc to fake everyone out can go f*** off. They mislead everyone with their BS if dumba** Gou gets Sobble. This would mean Sobble will most likely rot in the lab.

Guess we'll find out Sobble's fate next Sunday.

I woke up to this... my disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined.
Probably my biggest disappointment in the whole franchise (after ambipom and crabominable's very existence, almost the entire BW anime, the first episode of SM and some few others, not mthe biggest one then..)
Let's hope it's Ash will get sobble, which doesn't seem to be the case but whatever. They won't dare make sobble a 2nd cubone because the merch has to be sold, but if it does nothing and evolves out of nowhere,to sell more merch, that'll be stupid, but we're talking about the same people who thought Go being Go and him getting scorbunny then barely doing anything was a good idea, and our chance of getting any character developpement for Go and sobble that actually matters and isn't 5 minutes of drizzile running away and Go crying is out of the window.

Does anybody want me to sent my avatar in a private message? Cause this is going to cause some earthquake.

I promise that if Team Rocket catches Morpeko he will be my new avatar.

I saw the preview. I hate this. I really f-ing hate this. Hopefully the preview we just got is a fake out and Ash does end up getting Sobble, but after what happened in episode 27, I'm convinced Gou is going to catch Sobble. If that happens, then the writers and the people who came up with these advertisements, previews, scans, etc to fake everyone out can go f*** off. They mislead everyone with their BS if dumba** Gou gets Sobble. This would mean Sobble will most likely rot in the lab.

Guess we'll find out Sobble's fate next Sunday.
Agreed. For me, it wouldn’t even be as bad if they actually had Go do things and team build with the Pokémon he captures rather than them just rotting at the lab to the point that the only way they get any real focus is a lab episode like the one a few weeks back. This is just outright wasting a Pokémon even more so than giving a starter to the third companion. The bait-and-switch got old after the first few times. This just feels like they’re trying to piss people off.

The bait-and-switch got old after the first few times. This just feels like they’re trying to piss people off.
I think it's more that surprising people is becoming highly valued in fiction nowadays. Everything wants the big plot twist or the unexpected swerve that'll get people talking.
This feels more like a weird thing with marketing than the writers themselves trying to pull a plot twist, though.

I think it's more that surprising people is becoming highly valued in fiction nowadays. Everything wants the big plot twist or the unexpected swerve that'll get people talking.
This feels more like a weird thing with marketing than the writers themselves trying to pull a plot twist, though.
Pokémon and marketing, its a bad match (*cough* Unite)

Why did they deliberately change the sequence of vocals on the previews and magazines? It’s probably the most deliberate bait and switch we’ve got, even moreso than the Kalos league. At least they were "technically correct" or fan art of the episode previously and not blatant manipulation.

There was that one poster that had Sobble with Go and G! Farfetch’d with Ash.
But there was also the poster featuring “his team” that didn’t have Farfetch’d but had Sobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom