• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Sobble stops the catching sprees. Who knows?

Let's wait for a bit now we know that this is happening calm down everybody.

We are still at episode 28. Lots of things can happen still.

This is a series so everyone has his likes and dislikes. That's why we are in a forum to discuss our opinons with other people.

I'm saying that now very calmy but wait for my reaction when Team Rocket does not catch Morpeko.

You may as be as angry as you want, but this isnt going to help you to change the decission you think is bad

I think Raboot’s development has been decent so far (Though I wish it would do more, but there’s still well over a 100 episodes left), so, I think Sobble’s could be good as well. Raboot and Sobble could also have a nice relationship if they do a big-sibling little-sibling dynamic.

The idea that Sobble will just be left to do absolutely nothing is absurd. Sobble will most likely be with Go for the rest of the series. It has plenty of time to shine and grow. While I don’t think capture sprees will stop, nor do I mind them, Go and Sobble can help each other get stronger.

Go has recently started to at least attempt to battle Pokémon when they break out, such as Magikarp and Galarian Farfetch’d, when back in JN010, he just tossed Poké Balls at Dewgong until it was too tired to break out of them, which inevitably messed up his plans to catch the Dragonite line. Both Go and Sobble are pretty insecure and weak when it comes to battling, so if they continue to support each other they can both get stronger.

Last edited:
How is that relevant for my post? Delete this.
It’s relevant because you claim it will still get screentime under go as if that’s some silver lining. If the screentime is wasted on it just existing, what’s the point? It’s a matter of looking at the actual quality so, no I’m not going to delete it.

Just saw Messon on Gou's shoulders on the issue of Animedia I just bought and... Can't say it wasn't unexpected. I don't really care to be honest though.

There's a bunch of information there that I might read later (or not, I'm still not that good with Kanji), and a bunch of things that already happened (Dande vs Kibana, Corni's return, etc...)

On an unrelated note, I was really hoping they'd have anything related to the upcoming Edens Zero anime, but no... Maybe it's a tad too early for that, still...

It’s relevant because you claim it will still get screentime under go as if that’s some silver lining.
No, the claim was it would get no screentime because Gou would left it in the lab. That's why people were angry that Gou got it, instead of Satoshi.

That's why people were angry that Gou got it, instead of Satoshi.
Most people are angry because it's unlikely that it's going to get any developpement or battles or anything interesting after it's capture (ask raboot and cubone), and they were heavily hinting at it going to Ash, and for the cherry on top: it's going to a VERY hated character.

No, the claim was it would get no screentime because Gou would left it in the lab. That's why people were angry that Gou got it, instead of Satoshi.
You clearly misunderstood what =/= means. It means doesn’t equal. Ergo, I said that just because it gets screentime doesn’t mean that said screentime is of quality for its development.

We just need to step back and see what they do with the character. We don't even know if Sobble is interested in battling, most of Gou's Pokemon aren't. For all we know, Sobble could be a fan of catching Pokemon and fit perfectly with Gou. The fact that it is a complete crybaby is a big issue, and pretty much confirms a degree of character development to overcome that.

There are plenty of legit problems with this series already that I don't find it particularly constructive to start complaining now about what we think will happen in the future. If you couldn't even predict Gou catching Sobble, what makes you think you can accurately predict it's entire character arc? And if it doesn't battle too much, that's fine, Pokemon can specialize in all kinds of things and some would rather just be companions.

Last edited:
You clearly misunderstood what =/= means. It means doesn’t equal. Ergo, I said that just because it gets screentime doesn’t mean that said screentime is of quality for its development.
If you want to criticize someone for something, criticize it on your own posts, like everyone else does in this thread. Don't quote my posts to say irrelevant things.

We just need to step back and see what they do with the character. We don't even know if Sobble is interested in battling, most of Gou's Pokemon aren't. For all we know, Sobble could be a fan of catching Pokemon and fit perfectly with Gou. The fact that it is a complete crybaby is a big issue, and pretty much confirms a degree of development to overcome that.

There are plenty of legit problems with this series already that I don't find it particularly constructive to start complaining now about what we think will happen in the future. If you couldn't predict Gou catching Sobble, what makes you think you can accurately predict it's entire character arc? And if it doesn't battle too much, that's fine, Pokemon can specialize in all kinds of things and some would rather just be companions.
As I said, we're judging by what they did with raboot, not that it directly means that we can't be wrong, heck they might put a connection between their arcs, but with the way this series is dealing with the characters we can't expect much for sobble beyond meme faces, sitting in the background to be a cute plushie seller, and sobbs running away and Go crying for 5 minutes (that sounds familiar hint: I've said it before), again, we can't be sure, but for the aforementionned reasons, I think that it's logical to be pessimestic about sobble's fate.

heck they might put a connection between their arcs

I feel like there is a pretty clear connection in their arcs due to them both:
A. Being insecure about themselves.
and B. Both being very weak in battle.

Go and Sobble could support each other equally on both of these issues and they will both become better and stronger because of each other.

I feel like there is a pretty clear connection in their arcs due to them both:
A. Being insecure about themselves.
and B. Both being very weak in battle.

Go and Sobble could support each other equally on both of these issues and they will both become better and stronger because of each other.
I was actually referring to raboot and sobble affecting each other ,like riolu and pikachu's jealousy, but different, maybe the sibling-like relationship you suggested(or at least my brain is convincing me you did) could work, since raboot needs some developpement too.

As I said, we're judging by what they did with raboot, not that it directly means that we can't be wrong, heck they might put a connection between their arcs, but with the way this series is dealing with the characters we can't expect much for sobble beyond meme faces, sitting in the background to be a cute plushie seller, and sobbs running away and Go crying for 5 minutes (that sounds familiar hint: I've said it before), again, we can't be sure, but for the aforementionned reasons, I think that it's logical to be pessimestic about sobble's fate.
I don't really think Raboot's character arc is finished. It's in the angsty teenager phase right now so Gou giving it some distance is understandable. Potentially, introducing the "little brother" Sobble into the mix could be catalyst for both Raboot and Gou to grow as characters.

I think blind pessimism is not the way to go, especially in this wacky series. I was pissed that the series would probably ignore any meaningful continuity references, and all signs pointed to that being the case. Then episode 18 happened and gave me exactly what I wanted. Since then, I decided to give the series a fair chance and not damn it for things I merely thought would happen.

I was actually referring to raboot and sobble affecting each other ,like riolu and pikachu's jealousy, but different, maybe the sibling-like relationship you suggested(or at least my brain is convincing me you did) could work, since raboot needs some developpement too.

I think that the sibling relationship is the obvious way to go. Raboot’s protective nature with weaker Pokémon would work perfectly with Sobble (until it potentially evolves.)

I would like to speak to whoever is greenlighting everything that's going on with this series.

Is the goal cancellation? Sabotage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom