• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't imagine that Sobble is going to get the same treatment as the rest of Goh's Pokemon. It's a starter, so I feel like it's going to get a decent amount of spotlight. And like I said before, there's a real possibility Sobble could help Goh further develop as a character as well, which would be a win-win.

I will say, without an ounce of sarcasm, it's honestly impressive how this particular series has managed to tick off so many people in such a short period of time for so many different reasons. We're not even 30 episodes in yet!

I honestly can't imagine that Sobble is going to get the same treatment as the rest of Goh's Pokemon. It's a starter, so I feel like it's going to get a decent amount of spotlight.
Last time I checked, raboot was a starter This is like the 5th time I made this comparaison
I will say, without an ounce of sarcasm, it's honestly impressive how this particular series has managed to tick off so many people in such a short period of time for so many different reasons. We're not even 30 episodes in yet!
Doesn't this kinda imply...that pokemon JN is a bad anime? Still impressive tho.

Well we already have unquestionnable confirmation that sobble is going to Go and this website is still a safe place, I'm impressed beyond belief, let's hope the episode doesn't make it worse, somehow.

Doesn't this kinda imply...that pokemon JN is a bad anime? Still impressive tho.

I wouldn't necessarily say so. For me, it's still much too early on to judge the series as a whole. I personally wasn't thrilled with the series in the beginning, but it's been picking up the pace for me with recent episodes and getting more interesting.

I do think it's totally fair to dislike decisions that have been made thus far, however. I get that some fans are upset Goh is catching Sobble instead of Ash, but I don't think that alone ruins the whole series. Ultimately, it's one event in the grand scheme of things, although I also understand it can get frustrating if events like that keep on building up and affecting one's perception of the series.

Last time I checked, raboot was a starter This is like the 5th time I made this comparaison

I think Raboot has been treated fairly well. I thought his development was good. He hasn’t done much recently but Sobble joining the main cast will allow someone other than Go, Ash, and Pikachu for him to interact with.

We just need to step back and see what they do with the character. We don't even know if Sobble is interested in battling, most of Gou's Pokemon aren't. For all we know, Sobble could be a fan of catching Pokemon and fit perfectly with Gou. The fact that it is a complete crybaby is a big issue, and pretty much confirms a degree of character development to overcome that.

There are plenty of legit problems with this series already that I don't find it particularly constructive to start complaining now about what we think will happen in the future. If you couldn't even predict Gou catching Sobble, what makes you think you can accurately predict it's entire character arc? And if it doesn't battle too much, that's fine, Pokemon can specialize in all kinds of things and some would rather just be companions.
Part of the problem with that people couldn’t predict it going to go is that at multiple points they flat out lied, pointing at it going to Ash, from playing Ash’s line over a clip of Sobble and placing Sobble in with Ash’s team speaking of companions Ash would meet. If people thought it was going to Ash, it’s the fault of those in charge of the series and its marketing, not the fans.

Plus how can we even say that most of Go’s Pokémon aren’t interested in battle given that they’ve basically been given nothing to flesh them out other than a lab episode where they rioted because of lack of food? That’s not nearly enough to even ascertain what their interests are.

I apologize for being late with this but... I noticed this thread and the topic of Sobble in general getting rather heated earlier on.

Please remain calm, it is perfectly understandable to be disappointed by these recent developments, but this section's atmosphere doesn't need to suffer because of it. It is perfectly possible to be critical of opposing opinions and the people working on the anime and still stay civil.

Just a general reminder, carry on.

The only hope that I can hold is that at some point down the line that a trade plot point comes up in which Ash and Go trade Sobble and Farfetch’d considering things seemed built more towards them having the opposite.
IMO, Farfetch'd seems too interested about battles to go to Goh.

I highly doubt a trade will happen considering Ash has a strong team and I highly doubt a battler like Galarian Farfetch'd would want to travel with someone like Gou whose main goal revolves around capturing Pokemon and not battling.

My only hope is that Sobble gets treated well being with Gou. I couldn't type that last sentence with a straight face, it'll probably get the worst treatment of any starter to date.

IMO, Farfetch'd seems too interested about battles to go to Goh.
Which is exactly why it’s perfect for whipping Go into shape. Even if he’s not there for competitive battles, his experience with battles in general and the frustration of losing should show him that he’s gonna need to get stronger for dealing with stronger Pokémon. In addition, it seems random for them to have had Go present Farfetch’d as a Pokémon who doesn’t evolve in the first episode in the same gen that an evolution is introduced, later catch the version that doesn’t evolve, show interest in regional variants and have a goal of completing the Pokédex but never end up with a Galarian Farfetch’d.

On Ash’s side if things, not only all the advertisement of Sobble on Ash’s side but it can be noted that, just as Go’s been noted to have clothing that matches Raboot’s color scheme, Ash’s color scheme matches Sobble.

I know it’s highly unlikely, but just a series of observations.

I was actually expecting Ash to capture Sobble because of how good a character it would be for a crybaby Sobble to learn how to fight for himself and turn into a badass Intelleon. This is one of the chances they could've redeem Intelleon in the anime since a lot of people who played Sword and Shield are disappoint with its design.

Having the thought that Go captures Sobble annoys me because I can feel that the future episodes will be wasted with them just taking up screentime to cry for some small reasons. I'm okay with Go having a Pokemon with Pyroball as its Signature Move but not the one with Snipe Shot as well.

My dream of Ash having Super Smash Bros. Mii Fighters-Based Pokemon is ruined.
I always think it would be cool if Lucario would be the Brawler fighting style
Sirfetch'd would be the Swordfigther, and Intelleon as the Gunner.
(disregard this weird fantasy team of mine.LOL)

I was actually expecting Ash to capture Sobble because of how good a character it would be for a crybaby Sobble to learn how to fight for himself and turn into a badass Intelleon. This is one of the chances they could've redeem Intelleon in the anime since a lot of people who played Sword and Shield are disappoint with its design.

Having the thought that Go captures Sobble annoys me because I can feel that the future episodes will be wasted with them just taking up screentime to cry for some small reasons. I'm okay with Go having a Pokemon with Pyroball as its Signature Move but not the one with Snipe Shot as well.

My dream of Ash having Super Smash Bros. Mii Fighters-Based Pokemon is ruined.
I always think it would be cool if Lucario would be the Brawler fighting style
Sirfetch'd would be the Swordfigther, and Intelleon as the Gunner.
(disregard this weird fantasy team of mine.LOL)
It’s even more of a shame because when it comes to a Pokémon like Sobble, Ash is honestly perfect given how he helped Chimchar, a Pokémon who was dominated by its own fears and brought out its true potential. While not quite the same narrative, it’s the prospect that Ash is someone who has helped Pokémon to overcome their own shortcomings to become truly strong.

Go on the other hand, already had multiple Pokémon who could help him grow, between Raboot in this transitional stage of evolution and Cubone, the first Pokémon that they had him actually bond with before capturing, literally the Lonely Pokémon. Instead, they wasted the potential of both.

EcgywdkUwAADbux

Funny that Sobble is still grouped with Ash's Pokemon

EcgywdkUwAADbux

Funny that Sobble is still grouped with Ash's Pokemon
S L O W C L A P marketing team S L O W C L A P

Seriously, what are they doing :bulbaFacepalm: ? Do they actually not understand their mistakes and just place stuff at random? I'm giving them so much of doubt.
Well, at least now we won't be tricked because we're sure Go is catching sobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom