• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
With any luck, this episode will be airing on the 12th or 19th July so not too long to wait

Can't wait to see Sobble debut and hopefully Ash will catch it

THE NO GO MAN
Reaction score
Well Galar don't dissapoint me.., Also Team Rocket is here for some reason.

Can I hope they break the machine?

Reaction score
Don't the series abbreviations we use come from the Japanese series', not the dub? For instance, we use AG (Advanced Generation) which is the Japanese title, as opposed to PA (Pokemon Advanced). In any case, I think I'll continue to use PM as I'm used to it and I prefer it.

THE NO GO MAN
Reaction score
No offense to anyone, but I personally prefer the vending machine to Bewear.
I respect your opinion, but Bewear was a method for Team Rocket to escape which at the same time make Team Rocket look strong and dangerous. The gatcha Pokemon with the exception of Tyranitar and Gyarados are really weak Pokemon and make not only the trio but also the whole organization look like weaklings. Also they have no Pokemon of there own and that is sad specially after having Mimikyu and Marearnie.

THE NO GO MAN
Reaction score
No. It made Bewear look strong and dangerous. Not the trio.
No. Cause situations like SM012 would never be happening if Bewear was not arround or the Pheromosa situation. Team Rocket had extra protection.Also Team Rocket when Bewear appeared where with his backs againsts the corner but not defeated.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
No. Cause situations like SM012 would never be happening if Bewear was not arround or the Pheromosa situation. Team Rocket had extra protection.Also Team Rocket when Bewear appeared where with his backs againsts the corner but not defeated.
In SM012, the trio was about to win without Bewear, and it was the bear who took them away from the brink of success. And with Pheromosa, everyone was hopelessly outmatched against the UB, until Bewear showed up without being called, and it was her who defeated the UB, not the trio.

So, in the first example, Bewear wasn't needed to make the trio look competent, and in the second one, Bewear didn't make the trio seem strong. She just showed up to defeat the thing that was kicking their behinds, and did so without their help. They were protected. Not made stronger.

THE NO GO MAN
Reaction score
There is a huge difference on Rescued via Bewear and blasting off. Blasting off is the ultimate humiliaton escaping via Bewear means a way of getting out of a battle unharmed.

The main point was that Bewear prevented blasts off that are Team Rocket definitive defeat. The Gatcha does not do that.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
There is a huge difference on Rescued via Bewear and blasting off. Blasting off is the ultimate humiliaton escaping via Bewear means a way of getting out of a battle unharmed.

The main point was that Bewear prevented blasts off that are Team Rocket definitive defeat. The Gatcha does not do that.
I personally don't see it being overly different. It was still a running gag about humiliating them, especially during the few times when they were taken away without them being about to be blasted off.

Pokémon Master in the making!
Reaction score
I’m very interested to learn about Sobble’s backstory. I wonder if it’s sad and/or tragic.