• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Makes no sense to show Sobble on a scan listed amongst Ash's other captures if he isn't getting it, since it means the scans have lost all credibility, especially since it came from an official source.
Ash is not getting it, because they wouldn't have Ash catch two Pokemon in back to back episodes. Sobble is confirmed to be Gou's.

Uh, Froakie and Fletchling say hi.

This isn't the first time it would be subsequent captures for him anyways. And I wouldn't put much stock into previews anymore especially after today's episode.
I don't know if they would do it again, especially considering how capture-hungry Gou is.

I saw the 10 extra seconds of the preview and it looks like goh is speaking to sobble in a bonding kind of way in a fountain while sobble is invisible or sobble seems impressed with something goh says. So unfortunately for everyone that wanted ash to get sobble(me included, oh my god why are they doing this), goh is the one who will probably get it.

Here's some 2 minute art to showcase Sobble's potential fate. Warning, slightly dark!

Press F to pay respect.jpg

I honestly don't care about where Sobble ends up, but I'm kinda rooting for it ending up on the TRio's hands, since it would be the most hilarious outcome given how much people were hyping its debut.

All jokes aside, I really don't see Sobble fitting on Ash's current team, and while I don't care if Go gets it, I'm warming up to the idea of a potential big sibling / small sibling dynamic between Rabifoot and Sobble.

P.S.: I'm well aware I'm mixing Japanese and English names don't judge me plz

One theory I can think on why they'd be giving Gou Sobble is perhaps they might be replacing his Raboot soon? It could also explain why they evolved Scorbunny so early into series despite it doing... well almost nothing...

There's apparently been leaked anime stills of Cinderace so it's probably coming right around the corner.

And odds are Cinderace might be too big to be traveling around the world with Gou.

Maybe Sobble will replace it?

(Note: Cinderace doesn't necessarily have to go back to the Lab. Just stay inside it's Pokeball)

(And once Sobble fully evolves maybe Grookey will replace it?)

Of course I feel as if that may possibly make fans even angrier

I saw the 10 extra seconds of the preview and it looks like goh is speaking to sobble in a bonding kind of way in a fountain while sobble is invisible or sobble seems impressed with something goh says. So unfortunately for everyone that wanted ash to get sobble(me included, oh my god why are they doing this), goh is the one who will probably get it.
Yeah. Gou is getting all the focus in the preview so he's probably getting Sobble.

One theory I can think on why they'd be giving Gou Sobble is perhaps they might be replacing his Raboot soon? It could also explain why they evolved Scorbunny so early into series despite it doing... well almost nothing...

There's apparently been leaked anime stills of Cinderace so it's probably coming right around the corner.

And odds are Cinderace might be too big to be traveling around the world with Gou.

Maybe Sobble will replace it?

(Note: Cinderace doesn't necessarily have to go back to the Lab. Just stay inside it's Pokeball)

(And once Sobble fully evolves maybe Grookey will replace it?)

Of course I feel as if that may possibly make fans even angrier
I think Sobble is replacing Scorbunny. By that I mean Scorbunny probably evolved so soon for the sole purpose emptying the "cute, unevolved starter" slot in Gou's team. Now the two can coexist and have a nice dynamic. The timid crybaby and the cool older brother.

I really wish Gou's not getting Sobble...Farfetch'd would've been better from a character standpoint...

EDIT; Ash got farfetch’d... oh my Arceus..

I don't really mind Sobble ending up with Gou if it gets a decent amount of screen time, but I wonder why the special preview used the audio from 27 to make it sound like Ash was inviting Sobble and they listed Sobble in that scan with Ash's party. Or if it does end up with Ash why the preview for this episode is so Gou focused. Is it gonna be Charmander capture redux?
I never understood was advertising pulls gotchas like this in general though.

I don't really mind Sobble ending up with Gou if it gets a decent amount of screen time, but I wonder why the special preview used the audio from 27 to make it sound like Ash was inviting Sobble and they listed Sobble in that scan with Ash's party. Or if it does end up with Ash why the preview for this episode is so Gou focused. Is it gonna be Charmander capture redux?
I never understood was advertising pulls gotchas like this in general though.
It's just blatant misleading of the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom