• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grookey’s personality fits with Ash quite well. I would argue that Grookey being with Riolu and Lycanroc in the outro would point to it’s capture but with all the flags pointing to an Ash-Sobble capture before bait-and-switching us, anything can happen.

Grookey’s personality fits with Ash quite well. I would argue that Grookey being with Riolu and Lycanroc in the outro would point to it’s capture but with all the flags pointing to an Ash-Sobble capture before bait-and-switching us, anything can happen.
That was also done for the sake of Japanese worldplay, and if the opening means anything then Ash would also catch Cramorant and Togepi.

And yet Scorbunny felt wasted being with a character that isn't popular with a lot of people (well, on the internet anyway). Sobble would probably experience the same fate. Ash can help make Grookey become more popular, you never know.
They would probably showcase Scorbunny and Sobble more because they're more popular. I think that it's more likely that Ash will just go starterless, and just call his starters that are currently are at Oak's.

I'm just wondering if Ash will get an actual 8th Gen Pokemon at all. So far it has been previous generations for his team. Yes, Gengar and Pikachu have special Gigantamax forms, and Farfetch'd has is a regional variant with a new 8th gen evolution, but not something that is purely 8th gen, with no connections to previous generations.

They would probably showcase Scorbunny and Sobble more because they're more popular. I think that it's more likely that Ash will just go starterless, and just call his starters that are currently are at Oak's.
You “think” too much based on speculation and unproven facts. Wait for some new episodes and previews before starting to make these big announcements that he’ll go starterless. We haven’t been given any indication regarding that.

I'm just wondering if Ash will get an actual 8th Gen Pokemon at all. So far it has been previous generations for his team. Yes, Gengar and Pikachu have special Gigantamax forms, and Farfetch'd has is a regional variant with a new 8th gen evolution, but not something that is purely 8th gen, with no connections to previous generations.
I think that he might.

I kinda want Raboot to stay as Raboot for most of the series since Raboot is my favorite Pokémon, and Go’s design looks like it was made to match Raboot’s color palette, but who knows what will happen?

It's something I don't think that they would do. Besides, Grookey is the least popular of the Galar starters so it doesn't make sense for Ash to get just Grookey.
I think that he might.
Then maybe don’t mention it like it’s fact? Show that it’s your opinion and maybe provide some reasons instead of people trying to translate it and mistaking it for fact (which you phrase it as?). It’ll make things much clearer. Thank you.

I think it's more that surprising people is becoming highly valued in fiction nowadays. Everything wants the big plot twist or the unexpected swerve that'll get people talking.
This feels more like a weird thing with marketing than the writers themselves trying to pull a plot twist, though.

I remember hearing a quote in a video recently that sums up my feelings on this topic perfectly:

"Putting a razorblade in my salad subverts my expectations, but that doesn't mean I'll appreciate it."

People need to realize that just because a story's predictable doesn't make it bad or trite. I mean it's about the journeys man.

Then maybe don’t mention it like it’s fact? Show that it’s your opinion and maybe provide some reasons instead of people trying to translate it and mistaking it for fact (which you phrase it as?). It’ll make things much clearer. Thank you.
This. Riley, I'm still relatively new here, but from what I've seen from you, this is pretty much all of your posts on this forum summarized by another user. Honestly, you don't provide anything all that useful in these discussions. In my opinion, it would be best if you left these discussions to everyone else because seeing you say "I think" or "I don't think" most of the time isn't very useful.

Sorry, I had to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom