• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Sobble, she's going to Gou, get over it.

Maybe don't tell people to "get over it" when nothing is confirmed? It's been noted ad nauseam that this series in particular has been very hard to predict. They're definitely making it look like Sobble is going to Goh, but we won't actually know that until the episode airs.

Also don't know why you're referring to Sobble as a "she"...absolutely nothing points to that; seems that you're just trying to push your headcanon as canon.

I don't care as long as Morpeko joins Team Rocket.

But if he don't im gonna get pissed.

Please. Please. Please Give Sobble screentime. I will accept the reality of Gou getting Sobble, but only on the grounds that it isn't left primarily in the background or stuck in that dome. I just ask as a fan of Pokemon, the anime, and Sobble please give it the development it needs. I'm not asking for it to be on screen literally all the time, I just want to see Sobble grow. I apologize for sounding melodramatic, I just want the best for this Pokemon because I really like Sobble and want the best for it.

Okay but don't sob for Sobble if he does absolutely nothing.

Time will say but I fear the worse.

If Go gets the sobble I will sob.
Welp..

Now you can join to the NO GO clan with me.

View: https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/1281150275991023616

Now you can join to the NO GO clan with me.

Okay but don't sob for Sobble if he does absolutely nothing.

Time will say but I fear the worse.
images.jpeg

I won't go with Go.

F*** this series. I refuse to accept Sobble being with Gou. F*** that PoS collector. Now poor Sobble's gonna rot with him and not get much development. Why must the writers do this to us? It's BS.
Calm down. Breath in and out. No need to curse. We dont know if Sobble isnt gonna get much development. Wait and see.

Calm down. Breath in and out. No need to curse. We dont know if Sobble isnt gonna get much development. Wait and see.
The problem is, unlike cases with previous companions, Go does literally nothing. Giving him multiple starters is akin to how they gave Lana Eevee, a completely pointless act. The fact that Go has no goal that actually does something with the Pokémon he captures, Sobble is literally just gonna be there doing a whole lot of nothing. If Go were a companion akin to May, Dawn or even Serena, I wouldn’t care since they at least do something with their Pokémon. But Go on the other hand doesn’t. It’s the reason why giving a starter to the third companion was a waste. Why the writers choose to waste starters on characters that won’t do anything meaningful with them is beyond me.

Last edited:
F*** this series. I refuse to accept Sobble being with Gou. F*** that PoS collector. Now poor Sobble's gonna rot with him and not get much development. Why must the writers do this to us? It's BS.

Calm down only two or three years more of Go...

Who I'm kidding if Team Rocket does not get Morpeko I'm gonna snap too...

Last edited:
The problem is, unlike cases with previous companions, Go does literally nothing. Giving him multiple starters is akin to how they gave Lana Eevee, a completely pointless act. The fact that Go has no goal that actually does something with the Pokémon he captures, Sobble is literally just gonna be there doing a whole lot of nothing. If Go were a companion akin to May, Dawn or even Serena, I wouldn’t care since they at least do something with their Pokémon. But Go on the other hand doesn’t. It’s the reason why giving a starter to the third companion was a waste. Why the writers choose to waste starters on characters that won’t do anything meaningful with them is beyond me.

We were already getting used to Eevee being caught by Ash companions. Also that was during Sun and Moon last year so it did not have that impact in the end.

We got other starters like Chespin and Mudkip that did nothing but since it were given to better characters did not cause that backlash.

The only thing sure is that Go is a really controversial character.

20200709_174034.jpg

You better give that pokémon to Koharu, Gou. Or else, there would be severe consequences...very severe consequences...
Seriously though, Messon probably will have tons of screentime considering how they promoted it right next to Gou, and might be even replace Rabbifoot.

Well, I'm still wondering what was going on with the fake out in the special preview and that magazine page, but I put that bit of oddness on the advertising department instead of the writing staff.

A bit unfortunate since Sobble was my starter and it's safe to say he won't get much battle time now.
Still, I was pulling for Sirfetch'd since day 1 so I'll call this whole thing a tie.

We were already getting used to Eevee being caught by Ash companions. Also that was during Sun and Moon last year so it did not have that impact in the end.

We got other starters like Chespin and Mudkip that did nothing but since it were given to better characters did not cause that backlash.

The only thing sure is that Go is a really controversial character.
Difference there was that May and Serena’s Eevee actually did something. Lana’s was a glorified plushie, spending 90% of the time in Lana’s arms or at her side. While it was SM’s last year, they still could have managed something with it. After all, Popplio evolved twice and mastered its bubbles in that time.
View attachment 134678
You better give that pokémon to Koharu, Gou. Or else, there would be severe consequences...very severe consequences...
Seriously though, Messon probably will have tons of screentime considering how they promoted it right next to Gou, and might be even replace Rabbifoot.
Screentime =/= quality development though. Sure it’s gonna be on screen but what exactly is it gonna even be doing with the screentime? Go doesn’t do anything that really shows off his Pokémon in an interesting way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom