• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s most likely this advertising was meant to come out and the marketing didn’t just decide to put it in magazines right after the episode aired. It’s not like they decided to keep marketing it that way just to make people mad.

I’m more interested in the reason they put Ivysaur there with images from an episode over 24 episodes ago, even though Go doesn’t have one.

Maybe Sobble stops the catching sprees. Who knows?
They’re not ending the goal of Go and what makes him distinct from Ash just because of Sobble.
Yup. This settles it. Goh also gets Grookey, since it ain't going to Ash since it cannot evolve, since Rillaboom isn't marketable at all, especially compared to Grookey, Inteleon and Cinderace.
It isn’t wise to make predictions before a Pokemon has even debuted in merch, let alone previews. And it’s not mature to state opinions as facts either, unless you’re some undercover member of the anime staff? (I mean.. who knows? :wynaut:)

I think Raboot has been treated fairly well. I thought his development was good. He hasn’t done much recently but Sobble joining the main cast will allow someone other than Go, Ash, and Pikachu for him to interact with.
Your opinion is interesting since I can’t figure out where Raboot's character is supposed to go at all. Initially, they make a point stating that Raboot likes to battle. Then in its focus episode they turn the entire point about how it somehow likes dancing. One could make the point that it’s bored but now without résolution Raboot just follows Go around happily with no indication that it ever wanted to do other things and is relegated to background.

What exactly is supposed to be it’s character arc till now? At this point in Alola, for reference we had a clear idea about how Litten's mind works, it’s personality and direction.

EcgywdkUwAADbux

Funny that Sobble is still grouped with Ash's Pokemon
At this point they’re calling for backlash themselves. I’m usually not too keen on the "misleading advertisement" bandwagon but seriously? You can’t even tell people to calm down if the anime staff is actively rubbing it onto people's faces.

Time to add a little positivity to this Thread

Honestly now that it's more apparent that Sobble ain't leaving Gou's side I'm certainly more positive about Gou having it instead of Ash

That way Sobble can have more screen time and no going inside the Pokeball

Perhaps this was a better choice for Sobble after all?

Also if the writers evolve Sobble, then Gou's goal could benefit from every one of it's stages to some degree.

Sobble - Could make potential Captures Cry long enough to distract them so Gou to catch

Drizzile - Could set up Traps for potential captures to get trapped in to make them easier for Gou to catch

Inteleon - Can see from really long distances and Snipe potential captures. Can Glide to high places. It's Skinny body can Adapt to almost ANY of it's surroundings! Also being the Secret Agent Pokémon can help Gou get Intel (lol) on potential captures.

All 3 Members of this Line - Can Turn Invisible

Why the heck did I ever hate the idea of Sobble going to Gou? This actually sounds WAY more fun than just generic battling and the writers can get MUCH better use out of the Sobble Line like this.

One thing I hated about Ash-Greninja is that is didn't really show Ninja-like qualities outside of it's design.

But here? This could be a good way to utilize the Sobble lines actual Spy-like qualities. Letting Sobble actually behave like a Real Agent!

Yes. YES! I want this now!:)

We want sobble to battle. Not just appearing. We want Heart warming battles which Goh will not give us.
Maybe he still can. Gou has been doing that a bit more often as of late.
Also it's been hinted that he's gonna get into battling more often.

Remember that the Starters also have G-Max forms. (Frankly I don't see anyone other than Gou showcasing G-Max Cinderace. He might do that for Inteleon and Rillaboom as well)

Remember that the Starters also have G-Max forms. (Frankly I don't see anyone other than Gou showcasing G-Max Cinderace. He might do that for Inteleon and Rillaboom as well)
I find it kinda insulting at the prospect of Go, the one who really has no interest in battling, showing off the G-Max forms of the starters rather than someone who is actually battle oriented.

And as for Go battling more often, little spats with Team Rocket and the occasional wild Pokémon really doesn’t even compare to the likes of actual trainer battles, something Go has shown no hint towards doing.

Your opinion is interesting since I can’t figure out where Raboot's character is supposed to go at all. Initially, they make a point stating that Raboot likes to battle. Then in its focus episode they turn the entire point about how it somehow likes dancing. One could make the point that it’s bored but now without résolution Raboot just follows Go around happily with no indication that it ever wanted to do other things and is relegated to background.

While Raboot has shown interest in battling, it’s also been shown to be equally as interested in capturing Pokémon, even after it evolved. I don’t see how JN022 was about how he liked dancing. While it shows he has dancing skills, Raboot is extremely agile, so it isn’t hard to believe. What JN022 showed is that Raboot still has personality left over from when it was Scorbunny when it was defending the weaker group of Pokémon. Scorbunny’s evolution to Raboot mirrors a kid becoming a teenager. While Raboot still loves Go, it doesn’t always know how to show it’s emotions, especially since they just had an argument, so it avoids him.

Go recognized that Raboot’s been avoiding him because of their argument, not because it was in it’s edgy phase like the shop lady suggested. Go knew that him not being supportive of Scorbunny learning Ember was what caused him to start avoiding him, so he made it up to him by instantly supporting him in the dance battle to protect the weaker group of Pokémon. Go being supportive of Raboot without question and focusing only on him was what allowed Raboot to start opening up again, but Go also respects that Raboot isn’t as open as Scorbunny was and respects his space.

In my opinion, Raboot’s next important thing is being big brother/sister to Sobble until it evolves.

Last edited:
Go already has raboot and still rarely use it (and he started retreating to battle more often as of late, thankfully), yet it's still under-developped and doesn't use any strategy, I can't see them over-doing the same gag (sobble making opponents cry)before every single capture, because it isn't a good idea (and even if they did, I still wouldn't like it), and how could drizzile make traps ? Inteleon, assuming it'll evolve, is far from now (either that or they will rush it's evolution without it getting focus,like popplio) and I fail to see how most the qualities you mentionned help in catching sprees, and the anime law of knowing-if-someone-is-hiding-somewhere-near-you-because-you-look-cool already applies to raboot, so add it draining focus away from raboot to become a small plushie seller on Go's shoulder without doing much.
If Ash caught it, it won't overlap with other team members, is likely to show more growing as a battler, and it could still keep the character dynamic between it and raboot making it easier for him to move to Ash.

Those are my thoughts anyways as I don't see much light in sobble's future without it ruinning raboot's and I hope I'll be proven wrong.

Can Goh give quite much battles than Ash. I haven't Witnessed Raboot in a crucial battle till now.
Gigantamax is the worst mode of battling.

I don’t see how JN022 was about how he liked dancing. While it shows he has dancing skills, Raboot is extremely agile, so it isn’t hard to believe. What JN022 showed is that Raboot still has personality left over from when it was Scorbunny when it was defending the weaker group of Pokémon.
That’s anther interpretation that works, mine was more along the lines that Raboot had diverse interests which it wanted Go to acknowledge. I get the point you're making with this, though.

While it's true that Satoshi's line about Kamonegi is played during the time they showed Messon, they also showed Riolu and Morpeko during same time.

Summary and images can be found here

While it's true that Satoshi's line about Kamonegi is played during the time they showed Messon, they also showed Riolu and Morpeko during same time.
And in that very scene of the preview, not only did it linger more on Sobble as Ash’s line played, only having a few seconds on Riolu, but it shifted to Go’s when Morpeko appeared on screen. Add that to the fact that Ash did get Riolu, it seemed to point towards Ash being the one to get Sobble.

James better catch Morpeko.:annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb:

Don't you understand it HE HAS NO POKEMON IN HAND. Even Bonnie had one. BONNIE OF ALL PEOPLE.

what confuses me the most about this thing is first they showed sobble with ash than yesterday goh with sobble and now ash again.

It’s most likely just gonna get put in the Gacha Machine like they did with Chewtle.

First let them catch it and then we will see.

Do you think a popular Pokémon such as Morpeko is just going to be a Gatcha tool?

Since generation 4 all companions had a Pika Clone in their teams. it's time for Team Rocket to have one (depends if you count Mimikyu as one) since it fits them having the only dark type Pikaclone.

Chewtle was just the excuse for Scorbunny to win a match. However I still think he will reapear some time.

Marnie can have another Morpeko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom