• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN028: Sobbing Messon

I still haven't watched this yet, so can anyone please tell me whether or not Ash and Gou cry every time Sobble does? Because if they do and the gag is as overused as it reportedly is then that's enough to put this in the skip pile for me. If not and it's mostly just Sobble crying then I'll attempt to forge through it even with the horrendous first impression it gave me last week (which at least does sound like it was the low point of the episode).
They cried every time except for the end when they used an ass pulled set of goggles which blocked out the 100 onion effect.

I forgot to say this earlier, but I must say I really like Sobble's Japanese voice. I'm glad it got a good voice here. Hopefully the English voice is good too.

They cried every time except for the end when they used an ass pulled set of goggles which blocked out the 100 onion effect.
Thanks, I may end up forcing myself through it at some point in the distant approaching-the-heat-death-of-the-universe future, but for now I'll set it aside and look forward to tonight's much better sounding one. I really hope the everybody crying thing isn't going to become a recurring gag but I just know it will be.

Thanks, I may end up forcing myself through it at some point in the distant approaching-the-heat-death-of-the-universe future, but for now I'll set it aside and look forward to tonight's much better sounding one. I really hope the everybody crying thing isn't going to become a recurring gag but I just know it will be.
This makes me fear that Sobble is going to become the gag starter of this series. If so, poor thing deserved better.

I actually thpught this episode was boring, quite lame for the introduction of a starter. Go bonding with it seemed forced, he doesnt seem to really like any of his pokemon except for raboot.

I'm late with this, but watching this episode with subtitles made it even better. Gou giving Sobble confidence by saying being timid doesn't make Sobble weak, but that being alert so it can protect itself and its friends makes it strong was very sweet and the right thing to say to such an anxious Pokémon.

I'm glad to see improvements in Gou's flaws (if he didn't have any by the way, Gou would have been very uninteresting) Gou now learns from his mistakes faster and his social skills are improving so he's understanding feelings better, Gou's character development is coming along slowly, but nicely.

Lets... REWIEW!!!
Okay WTF???? WE GOT LEAKED THAT ASH WOULD CATCH SOBBLE BUT THEY CLICKBAITED US. GOH HAS 2 STARTERS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER WITH ASH!!! REALLY WRITERS??? IF GOH GETS GROOKEY I SWEAR!!! POOR SOBBLE'S NEVER GONNA DO SOMETHING OTHER THEN SIT AROUND AND LOOK CUTE. ASH COULD'VE DEVELOPED IT INTO A STRONG BATTLER AND EVOLVE IT!! AND GOH CAUGHT IT TOO EASY!!! THIS IS A STARTER NOT SOME RANDOM POKEMON!!!...Sigh... The Episode Wasn't bad Other than that...BUT STILL:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: 4/10

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom