• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN028: Sobbing Messon

The reactions here are (so far) better than Serebii forums lol.

I don't know what to really say about the episode until we get the subtitles (cause without them things can be taken out of context)

What I wanna know is what was the point of advertising Morpeko if nobody was gonna catch it? (On the bright side at least that leaves room for a certain punk girl to make her first appearance)

I think thats because the majority of the people already vented their anger after last weeks episode, so we didn't care about this one anymore.

Gou is improving more, I'm glad. Everyone wants him to become a better character, that's what the complaints are for.

If Gou didn't have flaws (like his poor social skills) he would be boring, especially with how lacklustre his goal has been.

I need to wait for subtitles to know what Gou said to Sobble to cheer it up, as well as Gou pointing out his own mistake.

I'll probably watch this episode later tonight or sometime this week, but I have to ask. Was Gou seen in the episode 29 preview and if so, was Sobble with him?
You can see Gou briefly but I didn't spot Sobble.
On the other hand I don't think we even see Pikachu outside that stock bit that appears at the start of every preview so it may not mean too much.

The thing about Goh catching so many Pokémon, we see a lot of failed captures.

Sobble will most likely get more focus than Goh’ other Pokemon, don’t worry about it.

It's a Gen 8 Pokémon, that's why. It really isn't any more complicated than that.
I think it was better for them to wait until Marnie debuts or are we not getting Marnie?:lapras:

The capture alone made this one of the worst episodes for me.
Overall, I wasn't expecting much. I knew Goh would catch it and for me that's ok. However, the capture? Oh bloody Arceus, what the actual fuck.
So, you're telling me, that, he swings a pokéball, at something he's not seeing. At something that is terrified of him, and it stays. At the very first time? And he hits it? Was that a heatseeking pokéball?
Just imagine that, if go caught that sillicobra, it would have more impact for me at that point than sobble.
Overall, if the capture was made at the end of the episode, that would've been great. Like they did? Something a 5 year old would write.
The morpeko situation? Well, as long as we have the pelliper machine of doom, we're not gonna get captures. So, I rather have a free morpeko than a trapped forever chewtle.

I'll probably watch this episode later tonight or sometime this week, but I have to ask. Was Gou seen in the episode 29 preview and if so, was Sobble with him?
Goh was in the preview, but not with Sobble. But there was some official artwork released/leaked a few days ago where Sobble was seen on Goh's shoulder.

I wonder if Sobble allowed itself to be caught, it could have easily avoided the Pokeball, but didn't, it must have something to do with what Gou said.

The capture alone made this one of the worst episodes for me.
Overall, I wasn't expecting much. I knew Goh would catch it and for me that's ok. However, the capture? Oh bloody Arceus, what the actual fuck.
So, you're telling me, that, he swings a pokéball, at something he's not seeing. At something that is terrified of him, and it stays. At the very first time? And he hits it? Was that a heatseeking pokéball?
Just imagine that, if go caught that sillicobra, it would have more impact for me at that point than sobble.
Overall, if the capture was made at the end of the episode, that would've been great. Like they did? Something a 5 year old would write.
The thing is, the capture wasn't the main point. The main point was Goh connecting with Sobble and earning its trust.

The thing is, the capture wasn't the main point. The main point was Goh connecting with Sobble and earning its trust.
Something that could have been done before having it captured rather then them literally having Go throw the pokeball out of frustration only for it to just so happen to hit the Pokémon that at the time was invisible. Like really, what are the odds? That combined with his God Throw, which might as well be his super power, succeeding 95% of the time, it doesn’t make for a pretty picture. It’s taking an issue that people already had with him and exasperating it.

Something that could have been done before having it captured rather then them literally having Go throw the pokeball out of frustration only for it to just so happen to hit the Pokémon that at the time was invisible.
Tracey also caught his Scyther before bonding with it for the remainder of the episode. This is nothing new in that regard.

Tracey also caught his Scyther before bonding with it for the remainder of the episode. This is nothing new in that regard.
Tracey doesn't have like 30+ similar and soul-less one-ball instant captures prior to Scyther though. And he caught it so that it could be transported to a Pokemon Center, not because he wanted to obtain it for a superficial reason.

Last edited:
The capture is actually the main point. If it hadn’t been captured the episode wouldn’t exist. I haven’t seen the episode yet so I’m refraining from comment but if he actually did the one throw random catch with Sobble... :bulbaFacepalm:

The capture is actually the main point. If it hadn’t been captured the episode wouldn’t exist. I haven’t seen the episode yet so I’m refraining from comment but if he actually did the one throw random catch with Sobble... :bulbaFacepalm:
The main focus of the episode was on Goh bonding with Sobble, not him trying to catch it.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom