• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN029: Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi's Feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a Koharu focused episode with the animation dream team, this certainly promises to be an exciting episode

Part of me really hopes that Ash and Goh don't feature much this episode

Second, just focusing on Flying types for this specific episode, I don't see why Doduo would have been generic compared to Pidove; it hasn't had any major role since late Kanto.
Why do we have to specifically shove Kanto Pokemon in though? We already see LOTS of it in filler wildlife (seriously, the first few episodes even pretended Johto Pokemon don’t exist even when they can be native to Kanto). It just got stale for me to see all that background belonging to a single region so it’s refreshing to have another region’s Pokemon; even if it’s a Pidove.

It’s a series taking a more global focus so it’s nice to feature some diversity now and then.

What about Togetic? There is precedent to the Togepi line being in Kanto, and Togetic's has barely even appeared since AG. Lastly, Rookidee is at least new.
Irrelevant since it’s a Johto Pokemon. I’ll be perfectly fine with Rookiedee. And Misty already had Togepi so I don’t think they’ll want to attract comparisons.

The point is, there are many, many species to feature now so it doesn’t make sense to restrict to the same background Kanto fodder. It’s nice that an underrated species like Pidove is getting focus. I still have my doubts on Koharu catching it, though.

So we have a Koharu focused episode with the animation dream team, this certainly promises to be an exciting episode

Wouldn't mind that either. They can make it so this events happen at the same time (Or slightly after) as the Sobble episode and the Ash and Goh appear at the tail end of the episode, when they came back from Galar.

Sounds like a weird episode. In one hand this seems more like an episode that would fit with the new half-episode format since it appears to be a small adventure from the perspective of Yamper, but in the other it's written by Matsui so there could be some sort of heartwarming twist.

I'll take Pidove over Pidgey or Spearow any day, but using Doduo would have been an interesting idea.

My hope is that Ash and Goh will be still traveling the Galar region, and will only "appear" in a phone call segment.

I'm thinking this episode might give us Yamper's backstory on how it came to live with the Sakuragis and why it likes Koharu the most out of them.

My guess is that Yamper was in a similar state like Pidove's and a young Koharu (based on that illustration of them on her mother's tablet) found it, took it back to her parents, and helped it get better. I think seeing Koharu doing this with another Pokemon is what's making Yamper jealous.

Koharu episode?
sleep-is-the-best-medicine.jpg

With any luck, this episode will be airing on the 19th or 26th July so not too long to wait

Super excited for this episode as I love Chloe and she needs some much needed focus, especially with Yamper

With episode 28 confirmed to air on July 12 and episode 30 having just been confirmed for July 26, it seems all but confirmed this episode will air on July 19.

Last edited:
I saw who's working on this, is this the pokéani's epic finale?

I love that they chose pidove, since evolution basically says, if you're a smol adowable chonky goofy birb in a city, you win, ask pigeons.

It's kinda ironic that I'm more exited for this than an episode that features one of my favorite pokemon, but a Koharu episode with the cuteness goddo yamper and is made by THEM(!!) is promising.
I hope she won't end up as a huge fan of pokemon by the end of JN, it'd be wasted potential and feel like she gave up to her destiny of surrounding her life about pokemon. Maybe becoming an artist like her mom instead ,just liking pokemon without the training /catching /researching /smuggling, etc... part, if it happens then not nicknaming pidove Ari would be a wasted oppurtunity.

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

The Sakuragi household is eating breakfast together when Wanpachi discovers an injured Mamepato and brings it over. But when Wanpachi sees Mamepato getting along with Koharu as she nurses it...

Summary:
Life goes on as usual in the Sakuragi household, with the family eating breakfast together. But suddenly an incident occurs: The family Pokémon Wanpachi has discovered an injured Tiny Pigeon Pokémon called Mamepato and brought it over. Koharu and her younger brother Sota fall completely for the Mamepato as they nurse it back to health, but it seems Wanpachi isn't entirely happy about that...?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Rabbifoot
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Shinichiro Miki: Strike
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Rikako Aikawa: Butterfree
Yuji Ueda: Barrierd
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu