• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN030: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone here is talking about how great this episode might be, but watch it turn out to be some lame ass filler episode. If it's written by the same person who wrote that Raboot farewell (lol) episode, then this episode is gonna suck.

Reminds me of people thinking the Ho-oh and Cubone episodes would be deep. A man could dream though.

While I would like to see Kangaskhan and Pikachu meet again sometime, I’d prefer if the Kangaskhan stayed wild with all the other Kangaskhan, it would most likely be happier with all of them.

I’d rather have this episode fill in the blanks between Pikachu leaving Kangaskhan and being given to Ash, such as Pikachu being caught by Prof. Oak and it’s time at the lab, seeing it become the more reclusive and reluctant Pokémon it did become before Ash broke it out of it’s shell.

I’d rather have this episode fill in the blanks between Pikachu leaving Kangaskhan and being given to Ash, such as Pikachu being caught by Prof. Oak and it’s time at the lab, seeing it become the more reclusive and reluctant Pokémon it did become before Ash broke it out of it’s shell.

Yes, this!

I honestly have no idea what this episode is actually going to be about, the current title is way too broad and it could go in a million different directions. But I would love to finally know how Professor Oak came across Pikachu and why he was initially so distrustful of people and didn't like being in his poke ball. Those are two major questions that the initial Pikachu origin episode didn't answer.

I'd like to see a sequel to JN001 as well as Kangaskhan's return, but both feel a bit too early to happen, so this will be more likely about Go wanting to catch a Pikachu, which sounds interesting too.

Two episodes that have aired after a 2+ week hiatus have been Pikachu related, and while this one doesn't follow the pattern is the first one announced so... are they cursed?
This is just a joke, I know there are way more Pikachu episodes besides those two.

Wouldn't Kangaskhan's baby be all grown up by this point? Maybe that should be the one they'd meet, if they do, of course.

Pikachu episodes are kinda meh... I don't like Ash Pikachu tbf.

Specially when he decides to zap people at random

However I like the species a lot.

Last edited:
Staff list courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

No summary at present

Screenplay 吉田玲子 (Reiko Yoshida)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 高木啓明 (Hiroaki Takagi)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)
Animation Director 武内啓 (Akira Takeuchi)

Summary from Dephender:

After winning an official Pokémon World Championships battle, the Emanation Pokémon Riolu is feeling like a million bucks. But Satoshi's fixation on training Riolu pushes Pikachu's patience to its limits, and it ends up leaving the Sakuragi Laboratories. Barrierd chases after it in an attempt at holding it back, but Pikachu is set in its way. Where does the road this duo heads down lead them?

A road trip with with Pikachu and Mimey?
Th-That could be interesting... :unsure:

Summary from Dephender:
After winning an official Pokémon World Championships battle, the Emanation Pokémon Riolu is feeling like a million bucks. But Satoshi's fixation on training Riolu pushes Pikachu's patience to its limits, and it ends up leaving the Sakuragi Laboratories. Barrierd chases after it in an attempt at holding it back, but Pikachu is set in its way. Where does the road this duo heads down lead them?

ROFL, I was right here...
Or maybe the title tells us about how Pikachu is reluctant to give up its mascot/ace spot permanently to Riolu?

1586900089046.gif

Riolu is indeed replacing Pikachu as mascot. :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note though, it's out of character writing for Pikachu to behave that way, and almost like a brat. Pikachu has had a lot of PWC matches and exposure so far, it's good that Ash's other Pokemon get more screen time. Hasn't all the time with Ash taught him that Ash would never abandon or shaft him? It's also possible that those words hint at Kangamama's return. Here's hoping we get some resolved plot threads from Episode 1, along with a bit of Mimey backstory that was supposed to be given in Episode 7.

Last edited:
..huh.
I remember some people wondered if Pikachu was going to get annoyed about Greninja because of how he looked at one point during Greninja exposition, but now they're actually doing it?

I agree it feels a bit weird but maybe Pikachu isn't trying to run away permanently but just going off to cool down. We'll see.

Summary from Dephender:

They butchered Pikachu's character...

Let’s have a look at the chances Pikachu gets...
7 regions of experience PLUS
Getting to battle Leon's charizard
Battling Visquez
Single handedly defeating random PWT challengers

And it got jealous at Riolu getting some training after winning it’s first ever PWT match? If it were the Ash's Pikachu we know, what type of reaction would it have had during the Ash-Greninja arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom