• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN030: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please it doesnt really matter who loves or hates the idea of this episode.

Will Riolu evolve soon?

It’s a bit too early for that in my opinion, besides Mr. Mime is the focus here. I’m guessing it’s going to be the "Pokémon does shenanigans on its own" episode of this series.
I think that too. I also think there might be some misunderstanding in the episode making Ash believe that Pikachu leaves because of jealousy while he actually just leaves "temporarily" (in the sense of "hey, I'll be back in 1h") for some other reason (like going to help someone or something like that).

I think that too. I also think there might be some misunderstanding in the episode making Ash believe that Pikachu leaves because of jealousy while he actually just leaves "temporarily" (in the sense of "hey, I'll be back in 1h") for some other reason (like going to help someone or something like that).
But Satoshi's fixation on training Riolu pushes Pikachu's patience to its limits, and it ends up leaving the Sakuragi Laboratories.

They gave a short summary Check this out
After winning an official Pokémon World Championships battle, the Emanation Pokémon Riolu is feeling like a million bucks. But Satoshi's fixation on training Riolu pushes Pikachu's patience to its limits, and it ends up leaving the Sakuragi Laboratories. Barrierd chases after it in an attempt at holding it back, but Pikachu is set in its way. Where does the road this duo heads down lead them?

I'm not seeing Pikachu's being jealous as OoC, considering how much they do the same "Pikachu is upset because he's not chosen for battle" gag over and over. At least it's not OoC as Sun and Moon's "acting like an animal" Pikachu.

Pikachu Battled in 7 regions. Why should he be jealous of Riolu?
It's how their relationship work.
vlcsnap-2017-11-08-17h47m06s556.png
images - 2020-07-10T224550.859.jpeg

A random thought; Pikachu was going to fight Galarfetch'd when Riolu cut in. Maybe the same thing happens with this PWC match and that's why he's annoyed?
(This should not be considered as part of the discussion as to whether this is OOC or not; I'll wait for the episode to air to see the specifics of everything including if he's trying to run away or just blow off steam).

A random thought; Pikachu was going to fight Galarfetch'd when Riolu cut in. Maybe the same thing happens with this PWC match and that's why he's annoyed?
(This should not be considered as part of the discussion as to whether this is OOC or not; I'll wait for the episode to air to see the specifics of everything including if he's trying to run away or just blow off steam).

Maybe also in the next few episodes after JN027 Riolu constantly hogs the spotlight, and what happens in this episode is just the straw that breaks the camel's back. At least that's how I would implement it.

Ok, so I just watched the preview for SS029, and it indirectly made the premise of this episode even worse.

In the preview, the final line from Professor Sakuragi had him explaining to Ash and Go that Yamper is jealous of Pidove, probably because of all the attention Koharu is giving to Pidove instead of itself.

So what does Ash do in the following episode? Give all his attention to Riolu, and thus making Pikachu jealous.

I don't get it. Is the topic of jealousy so interesting that the writers have to deliver it twice in a row?

Ok, so I just watched the preview for SS029, and it indirectly made the premise of this episode even worse.

In the preview, the final line from Professor Sakuragi had him explaining to Ash and Go that Yamper is jealous of Pidove, probably because of all the attention Koharu is giving to Pidove instead of itself.

So what does Ash do in the following episode? Give all his attention to Riolu, and thus making Pikachu jealous.

I don't get it. Is the topic of jealousy so interesting that the writers have to deliver it twice in a row?

Yup. I can already see another jealousy episode on the horizon as well: Raboot getting jealous because Goh shoves it aside for Sobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom