• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN030: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I hope Ash gets reprimanded by Delia for being inattentive. Honestly, his attitude towards his Pokemon isn't new. Like when was the last time Ash just called Oak to check up on his Pokemon at the ranch? Or when was the last time he wanted to bring back a reserve for reasons that weren't battle-related? The only times I can think of was back in AG with Bulbasaur and BW with Charizard. His one track mind in recent years is very Gokuesque and not in a good way and I hope the writers actually address it for once.

Let's hope that him potentially getting reprimanded will be the beginning of his reserves coming back slowly. At the very least, I think that Lycanroc may be coming back soon in the future if Pokemon Shiritori is any indication.

Also, I hope Ash gets reprimanded by Delia for being inattentive. Honestly, his attitude towards his Pokemon isn't new. Like when was the last time Ash just called Oak to check up on his Pokemon at the ranch? Or when was the last time he wanted to bring back a reserve for reasons that weren't battle-related? The only times I can think of was back in AG with Bulbasaur and BW with Charizard. His one track mind in recent years is very Gokuesque and not in a good way and I hope the writers actually address it for once.
Right, this is the only part that I'll agree with on how this OOC episode can be beneficial especially in the long run. It can potentially set up the return and rotation of reserves periodically even for simpler writing heavy and character focus episodes. It's even possible that Ash (and Goh?) stays behind in Pallet town for a while with a time skip of a day or two into JN031. BUT... if this episode does nothing of the sorts and just uses it for another Pokemon adventure type of episode that does nothing for the character development of either Ash or Pikachu, then its OOC status will just stand out glaringly all the more and literally making it a waste.

Although, it's very farfetched to say that Ash doesn't care about his reserves at all, if that logic were applicable then even Goh doesn't care about his Pokemon. Like Daren explained, he probably checks up on them from time to time (if we saw this happen repeatedly on screen, they'd lose their value, akin to repetitive TRio appearances or only Pikachu being used to battle).

Last edited:
Something just occurred to me and I don't recall anyone else mentioning it. Since this is episode 30, does anyone else think we might get a preview for like the next 8 to 10 episodes? You know, kind of like what we saw during episode 20 (not sure if episode 10 had this, I skipped this episode; I know, I should probably change that)? So maybe we'll see some clips of what to expect in some upcoming episodes here since this has been another ten episodes?

Something just occurred to me and I don't recall anyone else mentioning it. Since this is episode 30, does anyone else think we might get a preview for like the next 8 to 10 episodes? You know, kind of like what we saw during episode 20 (not sure if episode 10 had this, I skipped this episode; I know, I should probably change that)? So maybe we'll see some clips of what to expect in some upcoming episodes here since this has been another ten episodes?

Episode 10 didn’t have anything, but it’d be cool! But they might’ve just done it since they had a bunch of important events coming up (Ash catching Riolu, Ash vs. Korrina, Leon vs. Raihan, Sonia’s debut, Sobble’s debut), so if they don’t have anything as big as that they might not put together a video for it.

It's actually possible. Since prior to Episode 20, we only had details about 21 and 22 which is a mirror of the current scenario with us only knowing the vague details about 31 and 32. Let's just hope there's no more false advertising. That and when you count the Covid-19 hiatus, it leaves us with a long gap that would work for a preview like the last one.

Last edited:
Also, I hope Ash gets reprimanded by Delia for being inattentive.

I actually thought of this as soon as I saw Delia listed for this episode and would love to see it. Mostly because it could be funny, honestly, but also because you make a good point about it potentially being used as a gateway to letting more of the past in.

Upon rewatching episode 8, I spotted a very original and compelling storyline.

2.png

Hah, so Pikachu has decided to take its ultimate revenge on Satoshi and Oak himself. That rat is so meta!

Some actually new screens on Cho animedia this time:
Pikachu falling into a river.

Some actually new screens on Cho animedia this time:
Nice lol

IMG_20200725_143036.png
Not that I hate pikachu, but lucario is a superior lifeform, if we need him to die so we can get lucario's face pasted on everything in this franchise then BE IT.
Jokes aside, it seems the 99% of this episode is the trip itself not Pallet town or the jealousy thing, even less promising than I thought...

Sounds like a certain "exciting adventure" episode made by Fujisaku, hmm?
The only episode I have skipped in this entire anime because of how all users didn't like it for being so damn boring?
At least this one isn't before the final Ash vs Leon battle or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom