• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN031: Hinbass's Beautiful Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grit my teeth in fearful anticipation of swimsuit-Koharu fanservice moments. So far so good... Come on storyboarder/ADs - this time, surely, in 2020, you can avoid this!
I don’t really think that’s an issue seeing as Pokémon hasn’t really done any fanservice moments with swimsuits since Beauty and the Beach back in the OS. Characters in swimsuits are just treated naturally.

I don’t really think that’s an issue seeing as Pokémon hasn’t really done any fanservice moments with swimsuits since Beauty and the Beach back in the OS. Characters in swimsuits are just treated naturally.
I beg to differ. As recently as the spa episode in SM I remember and obviously squick moment with Lillie that was clearly intended to titillate. I hope for better this time.

I beg to differ. As recently as the spa episode in SM I remember and obviously squick moment with Lillie that was clearly intended to titillate. I hope for better this time.
Maybe that’s how you interpreted it but that’s a bit of a stretch. Nothing about Lillie in that episode came across as sexual. By that logic, any time they had Lana or Misty strip into their swimsuits, they were being titillating.

There is one particular moment in that episode where she falls/is pushed backwards in a pretty suggestive pose which I remember blowing up on Twitter immediately during and after the live airing of the episode. I am not making it up and I'm certain others in this forum will remember it, but anyway you are welcome to disagree if you want.

ETA: I checked to make sure I wasn't going mad, and I wasn't :p I counted 7 individual complaints in the BMGf review thread...

Last edited:
Preview:
Go: She doesn’t know how to show how great Feebas is...
Ash: That’s the perfect reason to battle!
Go: Oh, be quiet.

Go kind of sounded weird throughout the preview, I don’t know what it was, though. He doesn’t sound as excited in this one.

Chloe acting as a mentor to that little girl looks so sweet!

It kind of fits in with her father's work on keeping the peace between people and Pokemon that we learned about in the Yamper episode, which I love. I wonder if that coupled with what she seems to be doing here will play into what Chloe ultimately decides to do in relation to Pokemon.

I'm wondering what happened to Pikachu at 0:18. From where he's lying I don't think the kids ran over him...

I think the kids over petted him and were about to do the same for Raboot but then it gave them the glare that scared them away.

Also, it seems Chloe's "protective big sister" instincts started kicking in when she gave her own scary glare at those girls.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is Jessie forcing Meowth to dress up as some sort of water Pokémon despite him not wanting to and having some zoom-in shot with her reflection. It’s definitely Jessie because of the hair and earring.

Did he do that in SM? I've missed it either way, fingers crossed.

Did he do that in SM? I've missed it either way, fingers crossed.

He dressed as Stufful,Vikavolt and Chargabug if im not wrong.

I hope Meowth does something, in Sun and Moon he was the best of the group but in this series he has been really lackluster.

Summary and images can be found here

Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Nami is a girl who's feeling bad because everyone keeps telling her her Pokémon Hinbass isn't any cute, so she says she's entering th Water Type Pokémon Friendship Contest.
Top blurb: Koharu, Satoshi and the others lend Nami a helping hand!
Bottom blurb: Hinbass works as hard as it can in response to Nami's feelings!!

Credits to @BigDocFan for providing me with the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom