• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Jotho episode, second Legendary/Mytical pokemon. Its like the only thing Jotho has to offer
I want to see a pineco so hard though.
Can't really say what I find fancy about a pine cone. However, after shiny hunting a pineco in gen 2 in VC. I wanna see everything that reminds me of my dear DoomWrecky

If coronavirus didn't happen then this episode probably would've aired on June 28th, which would've been about two weeks before the film's original July 10th release date.

I wonder if Episode 33 (which would've aired on July 5th, probably) will also focus on Celebi?

If coronavirus didn't happen then this episode probably would've aired on June 28th, which would've been about two weeks before the film's original July 10th release date.

I wonder if Episode 33 (which would've aired on July 5th, probably) will also focus on Celebi?

Maybe a two parter or a mini arc like episodes 12 and 13?

Sounds interesting. We will have to wait for a bit though.

The two-parter idea would be welcome change even if only for the sake of eroding that ridiculous self-contained episodic format. Though ideally, I'd also prefer 32 to be a Goh only episode with 33 showing parallel events with Ash (either back in Pallet town or meeting up with a past character).

Last edited:
A two-parter would be interesting. Episode 1 focusing on Go and Tokio’s broken friendship and how they fix it, with a Celebi cameo near the end, and Episode 2 having Ash, Go, and Tokio actually looking for it again?

While Tokio might not show up again, Tokio was probably an important friend to Go (even though it seems they only knew each other for a day), because Tokio also wants to find an incredibly rare Pokémon like Go does, and was probably the only person he could relate his dream to catch Mew to.

I'm guessing that, in this episode, Celebi will take Ash and Goh back in time to 3,000 years ago, when a war raged in Kalos...

This is a Johto episode as the summary makes perfectly clear. Kalos has nothing to do with this.

Nice parallel that Gou used to have a friend obsessed with catching Serebii, Mew's Johto counterpart, which explains why they became friends. Existence of a past friend who seems to betrayed his trust also partly explains his line about Satoshi.

It will be a slap in the face for a lot of people if this and episode 33 will be a 2-parter, while episode 25 and 26 weren't two parters (While that one being a 2-parter would make more sense than this one being one). However, if this is a 2-parter: First episodes focuses on Goh, while the second one focuses on Ash (And maybe the GS ball).

Plot twist: Kurt actually managed to open the GS Ball off-screen and the Celebi in this episode is the same one that came out of it.
The reason we never hear about it is because Kurt lost his mind and became obsessed with exploiting Celebi's power for his own gain. Probably told Oak the ball was empty. It escaped and Kurt has been tirelessly hunting it down ever since.

Last edited:
I have read this thread and several people said that Celebi might have been the reason Goh's friend didn't show up. Honestly, he might have just gotten sick or something came up that prevented him from going. Kind of like what happened with Clement and Luxray.

I have read this thread and several people said that Celebi might have been the reason Goh's friend didn't show up. Honestly, he might have just gotten sick or something came up that prevented him from going. Kind of like what happened with Clement and Luxray.
With Celebi's presence, it seems way more likely that Celebi took Goh's friend into the future, and they'll be reunited in the present day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom