• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenzeyEevee

Be kind and change the world!
Reaction score
Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

No summary

Credits: Dephender Serebii. net

I'm curious to see where Celebi will end up taking us, to the past again or the future.

The only way I see this being interesting is if Chloe might be involved
Well, after this week we're gonna get a Koharu's episode (I hope). Maybe she decides to join after that one!

Celebi had:

The Joy Special with Richie in Pokemon Chronicles.
The Pokemon Ranger episode in Battle Frontier.
The time travel two parter in Sun& Moon and I blame him for the terrible Pikachu episode. Also this was last year.
Multiple cameos.
Movies 4 ,13 and 23.

May not seem a lot but Jirachi for example only got Movie 6 and one cr**py filler in Decolora of all places.

Manaphy had movie 9 and a cameo on the last Sun and Moon episode.

Meloetta had an entire arc but no movie.

Diance got a movie but no episode.

Magearna got a movie and an arc.

Mew got two movies, multiple cameos and only JN01 dedicated to him he is just an obsession for the moment.

Of course this is due to Celebi having the unique abilty to travel trough time but still it's a huge difference

Joe approves, and so do I.
But I'm afraid this episode will show us what the writers have planned for Go and mythicals and presumably legends, I'd say it's impossible for them to make the trash decision of letting Go catch them, even after they've shown us their amazing well thought-out ideas for Go *wink wink* .
Imagine this website after Go catches celebi with god-ball throw, it'll be annoying to see celebi appearing more than once in this series.
I've typed Go 5 times in one post.

Last edited:
It would be interesting if Celebi and Satoshi travel back in time to different time periods in his life. Like when he was a kid. Maybe they could adress the plot with his dad abandoning him and his mom from Shudo's old novelization.

Or they could show the most important friendship moments that Satoshi had with all of his past companions which will make him realize that he haven't kept in touch with them and that they have become distant over time. This could motivate him to meet them in future episodes while traveling the world and introduce them to Gou since he is implied to have trouble socializing with others and making friends.

But I seriously doubt that this will happen. :p

Oh please no... I still remember the last promise the writers gave us in SS009...

I swear, if this time they give us a random COTD who made a 'timeless promise' with Celebi again...

I never realized until it was spelled out how much screen time Celebii gets compared compared to some of the other Mythicals.

I swear, if this time they give us a random COTD who made a 'timeless promise' with Celebi again...
It's best to go in assuming this until we get a summary.

Last edited:
Summary courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Three years ago, Go met a young boy named Tokio on a family trip to Hiwada Town in the Jouto region. Tokio was searching for the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, and the two kindred spirits decided to search for it together, but Celebi turned out to not be all that easy to find. The two of them parted ways, promising to meet up again the next day to continue their search, but Tokio never showed up at the spot they had promised to meet that day. Flash forward to present day, when Go once again visits Hiwada Town and ends up encountering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom