• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally fail to see where exactly the bait and switch you're talking about is.
It's not exactly bait and switch in the sense that they told us upfront what we were getting, but the point is that it's the same sort of thing as the previous bait and switch examples where you have incidental references to old events but then the episode completely ignores the old events. Earlier it was a random Croagunk and Puplup with no mention at all of Dawn or Brock, and here it's Celebi in Azalea Town with probably no mention of Kurt or the GS Ball.

They want to have their revisiting old material hype cake and eat their completely new unconnected story cake at the same time but that's not how it works. They should either reference the old stuff properly (like in the Vermillion Gym episode which got rightfully praised as a result) or tell the new stories they want to tell without any old stuff, not make shallow and half-hearted efforts at doing both.

Kind of hoping that the GS Ball will be mentioned again since Ash and Goh are going to Azalea Town. Very unlikely I know but this is the perfect time to finally bring closure to that.
As much as I hope that'd happen, I doubt it because 1) this episode seems to focus on Goh, and 2) the GS Ball was literally left with Kurt to be forgotten.

First look at the episode at the bottom!

10EE0CF2-D461-4972-A5FC-72ABD21ED55A.jpeg

As soon as I saw the pictures , the expression and "Tokio" eyes reminded me of Kojiro. Since Celebii allows time travel, imagine Tokio was the little Kojiro from the past under a fake identity (in disguise with a wig) one of the time he was running away from his home (I need to dream)
F0F86FD5-BE40-4110-B7A0-95EE3017A800.jpeg

Last edited:
Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

View: https://i.imgur.com/in7bIH4.jpg

Three years ago in Hiwada Town, Go met a young boy named Tokio who was searching for Celebi. And now Go once gain visits Hiwada Town.
Right blurb: Go and Tokio, 3 years ago.
Left blurb: Having become friends, the two of them search for Celebi.

Credits to @BigDocFan for providing me with the info.

Kind of hoping that the GS Ball will be mentioned again since Ash and Goh are going to Azalea Town. Very unlikely I know but this is the perfect time to finally bring closure to that.

Dude, the showrunners straight up said they WANT people to forget about it...

Just let it be folks. What's done is done and NOTHING will change things. The GS Ball will NEVER, EVER be bought up again. Some of the fandom may remember, but the showrunners will thank you not to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom