• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ash
Maybe Ash or Chloe Bonding

I don't think there's anything funny about the point that you're making with that image because it's like you're saying that Goh having this episode to himself is automatically a bad thing. This is literally the only episode he's gotten so far where he's the only major character being shown if we're sure that Ash isn't getting any lines here. If this had been a recurring pattern then maybe I could understand why it would annoy some people but I'm kind of sick of everything that Goh does becoming an in-joke or a meme.

We cannot criticize the fact that 3 out of 4 of the new episodes are about him and he has one episode for himself? That I have the feeling that this character is being shoved unto our throats? That he can have and episode for himself while Ash and Team Rocket cannot?

What can we do exactly?

I don't think there's anything funny about the point that you're making with that image because it's like you're saying that Goh having this episode to himself is automatically a bad thing. This is literally the only episode he's gotten so far where he's the only major character being shown if we're sure that Ash isn't getting any lines here. If this had been a recurring pattern then maybe I could understand why it would annoy some people but I'm kind of sick of everything that Goh does becoming an in-joke or a meme.

Honestly, I think there's a little too much sensitivity over Goh. The writers are 100% contradicting themselves on the "co-protagonists" label they gave Ash and Goh. It's annoying, and it deserves criticism.

I, for one, do think the episode sounds interesting, but it royally ticks me off that Goh is getting an entire episode to himself where it seems that Ash might not even be present; something that has literally never happened over the course of this entire show. If Ash gets his own episode down the line where Goh is entirely absent, then I'll be a little more understanding. But the fact that so far, Ash hasn't even been able to get a focus episode for himself without Goh having his own entire side plot is getting extremely tiring.

Goh, on the other hand, has already gotten quite a few episodes where Ash was just shoved to the side.

No Ash or Pikachu? Sure writers, keep shoving Gou in our faces. Why not?

At least Sobble is listed, so that's a plus I guess. Still, I'm not happy about this.
Until that Sobble actually does something, I wouldn’t take it being listed as being voiced as a plus since that just means that it exists in the episode. As a fan of a Pokémon never simply accept table scraps.

Goh is officially the worst. We can't have a single Ash focused episode without his annoying butt sneaking in and hogging the spotlight with one of his many pointless captures, but when it comes to Goh episodes? Ash does literally nothing and now he isn't even in an Goh episode at all! Yet I bet we won't ever get an Ash episode without Goh's worthless ass tagging along

Not to mention all these episodes are Goh focused, it's back to the first 9 episodes only WORSE!

I mean we got flashback episodes before like Bunnelby's and Ash was present

Ash would add nothing to an episode about Go's past friend. Get over yourselves, folks.
Unless this is an entire episode that’s told in flashback, yes he can. The prospect of how much Go has changed ever since meeting Ash has been a common thread when it comes to Go focused episodes. So yea, Ash’s presence could add to such an episode because it was his presence that basically changed Go for the better.

Ash would add nothing to an episode about Go's past friend. Get over yourselves, folks.

He's still THE main character though.
Even if episodes like when the TRio got their z-ring and first crystal Ash was there. Ash watched May and Dawn participate in contests

Ash is necessary!
Besides as pointed out they shove Goh into all of Ash's episodes yet Ash isn't allowed in one of Goh's?! It's not fair, just makes Goh come off as even more unlikeable.

Until that Sobble actually does something, I wouldn’t take it being listed as being voiced as a plus since that just means that it exists in the episode. As a fan of a Pokémon never simply accept table scraps.
I guess you're right. I was just trying to find a positive in this current mess of an episode that hasn't even aired yet. Obviously this episode could turn out to be solid, but not having Ash and Pikachu in it is not a good thing in my opinion. They're the main characters, they have to be there. Or maybe they are and he and Pikachu don't speak here for whatever reason.

It’s quite possible that Ash not being with Go influences him and the episode. I’m sure it won’t go unmentioned. Go will be faced with someone who he thought abandoned him and he won’t have Ash or Koharu to back him up. He’ll have to face his issues and overcome them by himself.

It’s quite possible that Ash not being with Go influences him and the episode. I’m sure it won’t go unmentioned. Go will be faced with someone who he thought abandoned him and he won’t have Ash or Koharu to back him up. He’ll have to face his issues and overcome them by himself.
Even so, does that really require that Ash not be in the episode period? The Pidove episode had nothing to do with Ash and Go and all to do with Koharu’s growth yet they still found a way to have the two appear there. It’s especially odd considering that they both live at Sakuragi Lab.

Even so, does that really require that Ash not be in the episode period? The Pidove episode had nothing to do with Ash and Go and all to do with Koharu’s growth yet they still found a way to have the two appear there. It’s especially odd considering that they both live at Sakuragi Lab.

And they dragged Goh along to Ash's mother's when it really should have just been Ash there....

I guess it depends on why Go is there. I suggested earlier that it’s possible his parents have brought him to Azalea Town on a family trip like when he first met Tokio, since Go’s parents will be appearing (though it’s possible they might just be flash backs), so it wouldn’t make much sense for Ash to be there if it was a family trip where they intend to spend time with their son. Though that is a very specific scenario to justify Ash not being there and putting Go in that scenario, but I don’t think it’s that unlikely.

And they dragged Goh along to Ash's mother's when it really should have just been Ash there....

To be fair, it’s only right for Go to be by Ash’s side when he and Pikachu weren’t getting along when Ash was by Go’s side when he and Raboot had their argument, they’re all about mutually supporting each other.

Aren't your reactions becoming a bit of... toxic? Looking at how you are judging things which just doesn't meet your own expectations like recent "Pikachu is OoC", or "Goh doesn't train his Pokemon", "Scorbunny's evolution is undeserved and pointless" etc. Honestly, I'm out of words now when your mood seems close to hysterics.
"Toxic" should be reserved for people harassing the writers on twitter and similar things like that person who made a twitter account to accuse Masuda of sex things, not just complaining about the shows writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom