• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash would add nothing to an episode about Go's past friend. Get over yourselves, folks.
Why doesn’t Ash get the treatment Go does when Ash is in focus? Go gets an entire side plot to himself. Meanwhile Ash's episodes suffer due to Go screentime while he gets no focus at all when Go gets focus. We're past the period of reasonable "The new character needs more focus" period.

Aren't your reactions becoming a bit of... toxic?
1. Who's you? These forums aren’t a hive mind. And negativity isn’t inherently toxic. When it gets insulting it gets toxic. No one here insulted anyone.

Looking at how you are judging things which just doesn't meet your own expectations like recent "Pikachu is OoC", or "Goh doesn't train his Pokemon", "Scorbunny's evolution is undeserved and pointless" etc. Honestly, I'm out of words now when your mood seems close to hysterics.
Different people like and dislike different things about these episodes. There isn’t an army that’s going hysterical every time. People should be allowed to express what they like and they don’t (and I’ve seen every user on here post pros and cons about everything. They've got positive stuff to say which you’re ignoring.

It would be better if you actually tried to understand and discuss why people think a way instead of branding them as toxic for simply having an opinion.

Why doesn’t Ash get the treatment Go does when Ash is in focus? Go gets an entire side plot to himself. Meanwhile Ash's episodes suffer due to Go screentime while he gets no focus at all when Go gets focus. We're past the period of reasonable "The new character needs more focus" period.

He probably will get episodes to himself when the PWC starts picking up (so Hyper Rank and above). Goh needs episodes to develop now or they'll either be squeezed in at poor times down the road or not show up at all and leaving his character hanging.

He probably will get episodes to himself when the PWC starts picking up (so Hyper Rank and above). Goh needs episodes to develop now or they'll either be squeezed in at poor times down the road or not show up at all and leaving his character hanging.
I acknowledged it before that Go needed to develop. I didn’t mind Go getting focus early on since he’s the new character and the audience needed to know him. However, the window for it has passed since we now have a good idea of who Go his, his personality and goals. It has happened and Ash's PWT episodes suffer for it. I'd agree with it if they gave Ash 100% attention in PWT episodes, but currently the situation is:

Ash Episode: Ash does his stuff, Go goes away for his own side plot, still gets screentime, often at the expense of Ash focus,

Go Episode: The only thing in focus is Go's objective. Ash acts as a sidekick, no Ash sideplot.

Go gets focus in both Ash and Go episodes but Ash gets handicapped focus in his own episodes with negligible focus in Go episodes.

An other example:
Ep 4/5 Gou
6 Gou
15 Gou
17 Gou
22 GOU
28 GOU
32 Gou
33 gou
35 Gou

Ash:

I am forgetting a bunch of episodes, no doubt. But Ash episodes arent only for Ash, where Gou episodes are treating Ash as an afterthought

To be clear: I strongly suspect that this particular episode will benefit from the absence of SatoPika, because really what would they add? I think it will do Go’s character a world of good to have to sort his own problems out.

This might even be a good thing if it sets a precedent that all the mains don’t have to appear in every episode, so that Satoshi gets some to himself and likewise the TRio.

I’m still shook tho and a little concerned what this might signal for Satoshi’s status as central protagonist.

This might even be a good thing if it sets a precedent that all the mains don’t have to appear in every episode, so that Satoshi gets some to himself and likewise the TRio.
That’s what I wish would happen, but seeing their current treatment I’m afraid.

An other example:
Ep 4/5 Gou
6 Gou
15 Gou
17 Gou
22 GOU
28 GOU
32 Gou
33 gou
35 Gou
Also arguably episode 14 (since we're counting the first part of Leon vs Lance where all Ash does is have a battle with Drednaw)
And the first part of JN26

To be clear: I strongly suspect that this particular episode will benefit from the absence of SatoPika, because really what would they add? I think it will do Go’s character a world of good to have to sort his own problems out.

I’m still shook tho and a little concerned what this might signal for Satoshi’s status as central protagonist.

I'm all for it if they show Ash, TRio, and Chloe the same courtesy but it doesn't look that way seeing how they have to have Goh butt into episodes with unnecessary captures yet he can go other episodes without getting a single thing!

Aren't your reactions becoming a bit of... toxic? Looking at how you are judging things which just doesn't meet your own expectations like recent "Pikachu is OoC", or "Goh doesn't train his Pokemon", "Scorbunny's evolution is undeserved and pointless" etc. Honestly, I'm out of words now when your mood seems close to hysterics.

Having an opinion in something you disagree is not toxic. Discussing a character development is not toxic.

This is a forum remember?

Toxic is insulting and isolating people for what they think or post.

It's also a nice Pokémon move. I Wonder why almost every Pokémon can learn it?

How can this be character development if it is a flashback? What does it add to current Gou?
Like Lillie and Serena who's flashback actually added something to the current story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom