• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Information from PlayerKing95 on Bulbapedia

To air on August 16, 2020.

No further information available

Hops
Reaction score
Is this the actual title? I use the power of speculation to convince myself that Ash is gettibg sobble traded to him, then not accept it to be anything else even when this prediction is outlandish.
I'm assuming it's a filler since I don't think we"ll be seeing any trades between Go and Ash, but I'll wait until we know more than just its title

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Please let it be Ash getting a new Pokemon preferably Sobble... On a realistic note it’d be probably some Pokémon Trade show like the OS where Ash traded Butterfree.

Reaction score
Sounds like some sort of large-scale trading convention. I don't think that Ash would trade away any of his current Pokemon, but I imagine Gou will have a field day. That is assuming he is okay with trading, I know he wants to catch every Pokemon but does he just care about registering them or does he want a living dex? If he only cares about registering them then he could simply trade a bunch of Pokemon and then trade back just for the dex pages. This could be how Scyther evolves, but I wonder if the other trainer might refuse to trade back.

Overoptimistic fan speculation: This is the Oak's lab episode and Ash is "exchanging" some of his current team for reserves.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Overoptimistic fan speculation: This is the Oak's lab episode and Ash is "exchanging" some of his current team for reserves.
That would be great to see but my money is on trading

Hops
Reaction score
It's probably about Go getting the NSO on his switch and trading for version exclusives to complete the pokedex, and then he will to catch a doggo to trade for another, meaning he needs to play through the story mode of SwSh but will speedrun it so fast that he goes back in time when reaching Bea's gym (hence the previous episode), and if they dare enough, they could show people asking him for poipole and offering bunnelby.
He could also get help from Team Rocket to evolve a bunch of lvl 1 bergmite into avalugg, giving him access to literally every trade on the GTS before the HOME update.
Those are my TenCents(hehe, puns) anyways.

Hops
Reaction score
Lots of Sobble fans getting hopes here...
They're in for a flood of dissapointment.

What if Ash trades gible for sobble, telling viewers to trade away their old pokemon if they didn't survive dexit(tho it was confirmed to be returning in the crown tundra IIRC), and hey their names rhyme.

Jokes aside, is it possible that these could be fake? I've seen many people say that on twitter

Last edited:
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Reaction score
They're in for a flood of dissapointment.

What if Ash trades gible for sobble, telling viewers to trade away their old pokemon if they didn't survive dexit(tho it was confirmed to be returning in the crown tundra IIRC), and hey there names rhyme.

Jokes aside, is it possible that these could be fake? I've seen many people say that on twitter
I don't think so this is the same magazine that released the Pikachu and Mr Mime episode title.

Reaction score
This episode likely requires more information. It could be...well anything. For all we know it is a more 'official' swap episode like SM's partner swap episode where say, Goh needs to borrow Ash's heavier hitters and Ash ends up doing things with some of the Goh squad.

Reaction score
I'd laugh so hard if it was something along the lines of "Ash and Gou get their Pokéballs mixed up and they have to battle using each others Pokémons."

But I doubt it'd be something that entertaining. Probably just another trade episode.