• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go has two Dustox he could trade for other Pokemon (maybe Beautifly). Also a regular Magikarp, but that would make him the new Magikarp salesman.

Just imagine someone offers a Rhyhorn to Gou. Ash would go crazy he gets one before he does.

However: Maybe that Boldore in the Magikarp episode was Ash's and he and Gou trade to get a Gigalith and Scizor and then trade back.

Ash has 30 Tauros. Maybe he realises some of them need love and starts trading them to trainers that value them. Or he trades one for the scyther and then scizor rather stay with Ash.
Pikachu runs away again because he's jealous of Scizor

Just imagine someone offers a Rhyhorn to Gou. Ash would go crazy he gets one before he does.
Ash's white whale is Dunsparce. Whenever that thing appears Ash wants it
Sorry for the double post

Shouldn't this be labeled a preview and not a review?

My bad, could have sworn I put Preview and not Review, changed it now

Go has two Dustox he could trade for other Pokemon (maybe Beautifly). Also a regular Magikarp, but that would make him the new Magikarp salesman.

Would be a good idea to trade a Dustox for a Beautifly

Ash has 30 Tauros. Maybe he realises some of them need love and starts trading them to trainers that value them. Or he trades one for the scyther and then scizor rather stay with Ash.

NO.

Tauros trading is high on the list of most annoying Fanfic tropes, we do not need it in the actual series.

(.....Gah I couldn't even go near Safari Zone without people telling me in reviews to not catch all the Tauros. As a result I had Ash catch 44 Tauros. And yes there was an explanation on why Ash did not have a 30 ball limit)

Considering the question mark, it may be about Go learning that he can(and needs to) get the NSO on his switch and trade for version exclusives to complete the pokedex, and that he'd have to catch a doggo to trade for zamazenta, meaning he needs to play through the story mode of SwSh but will speedrun it so fast that he goes back in time when reaching Bea's gym (hence the previous episode).
He could also get help from Team Rocket to evolve a bunch of lvl 1 bergmite into avalugg, after learning the secret ingredient for trades: crime hacking

It only makes more sense now, there is a question mark, meaning that someone will learn more. I'll stopUntil the summaries amd tye full title are out
Go'll probably be obsessed with trading after learning about it's existence, then he'll realize he surprise traded raboot away and will post it in r/pokemon offering a shiny he got in a surprise trade nicknamed machamps.com.
Jokes aside, it'd be weird if Gou was like "oh dude, you have a beautifly, I'll give you my pokemon because I represent a video game(every game in the franchise where you catch pokemon) that gets a bit unethical for the sake of important features, but the writers think putting that into an anime that's against it would make sense."
Hopefully if that happens, history repeats itself and he trades it back. Or even better yet, this won't be what this episode is about.

Saw the title and knew people would be guessing a Sobble trade. Seems like most of us are in agreement, but no way I see that happening.

At first I was thinking a trade between Ash and Goh, but I'm kind of steering away from that because Ash's current team members are all very well suited to him. And truthfully, I wouldn't be too happy if he just randomly traded a reserve to Goh.

This one has me curious; it could go in a lot of different directions.

Saw the title and knew people would be guessing a Sobble trade. Seems like most of us are in agreement, but no way I see that happening.

At first I was thinking a trade between Ash and Goh, but I'm kind of steering away from that because Ash's current team members are all very well suited to him. And truthfully, I wouldn't be too happy if he just randomly traded a reserve to Goh.

This one has me curious; it could go in a lot of different directions.

I could see an episode that is akin to that Pokemon Adventures storyline where Red and Green/Blue had their teams swapped for a while, or again like that Sun and Moon episode when Ash had Snowy for the weekend but writ large.

Say Ash has some of Goh's Pokemon for a day (probably with training or even a PWT battle) while Goh has Ash's team for, presumably, a good reason (say a Pokemon that is very clearly of the weaken by battle first persuasion)

I had a feeling we’d get a trade-focused episode eventually, but I thought it would be later. It could also be weird wording and it’s not about trading and it’s just some tournament where you swap your Pokémon around, like we’ve seen before.

If it is a trading episode, I wouldn’t be surprised if Go trades one of his duplicates (like his smaller Magikarp) for something new, and that Scyther might evolve. I just wonder where he’d get a Metal Coat, but Prof. Sakuragi could most likely get one easily. I would also like to see more Scyther as it is, though.

I think it's trade festival episode like in jhoto series where Jessie got wobbuffet.
Definitely Ash never going to trade , maybe gou will get some Pokemon.

I'm wondering if he'll trade for Ash's Heracross and I'm mildly terrified.
Imagine being Ash's Heracross, sitting on the sidelines for a decade then get brought back to be traded to a newbie.

This probably isn't the full title yet, but the word "koukan" (translated here as exchange) is the official term for trading and I can't remember hearing it used in a Pokemon context to mean anything else.
Thanks for confirming!
I can't wait to see Gou catch Meowth then trade him back to the TRio to get Seviper in his collection.

I can't wait to see Gou catch Meowth then trade him back to the TRio to get Seviper in his collection.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he at least tries to catch Meowth at some point, considering it‘s technically a wild Pokémon. It’s kind of a poor choice on the TRio’s part, even if Meowth doesn’t want a trainer, Jessie and James are not worried about him ever getting caught and taken?

(.....Gah I couldn't even go near Safari Zone without people telling me in reviews to not catch all the Tauros. As a result I had Ash catch 44 Tauros. And yes there was an explanation on why Ash did not have a 30 ball limit)
Kinda reminds of what happened when the developers of DiveKick were asked by a fan to include him and make him a "badass".

To use the developers words: "You asked us to make you a badass, so we made you bad and an ass". So yeah, they turned him into a Dan Hibiki expy.

Or the stories about some gargoyle statues... which were supposedly based on annoying clients.

Lesson of the story: don't annoy creators of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom