• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Trading will be interesting, mind you Goh doesn't appear to have much of a relationship with Pinsir giving how little screen time it has received

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
So August is Gou month?

Reaction score
You know what, since this episode has so beautifully smashed my perfectly reasonable hopes of Palmpona reappearing, I shall now write down an even more ridiculous prediction that shall never in a hundred years come true:

So this is a trading event in Vermillion City. So what if everything comes full circle, and we get the return of a Pokemon that Ash has traded away more than 12 years ago?

That's right, I'm talking about Ambipom. I'm not much of a fan of Ambipom, but it really is criminal that, given Ambipom is last known to be training Ping Pong in Vermillion City, Ash doesn't even go visit her. O even said that they can visit anytime, so what gives? (I mean, we know what gives, it's just a rhetorical question)

So we all know how Ambipom has a bad habit of becoming briefly interested in hobbies. So what if she became tired of Ping Pong over the past 12 years, thus O decided to bring her to this Exchange Event to obtain a Pokemon that would be interested in Ping Pong.

Of course, Ambipom wouldn't go back to Ash, so she can go to Go or something, I dunno. I don't really care that much, and this would never come true anyways. Ahahaha...

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know what, since this episode has so beautifully smashed my hopes of Palmpona reappearing, I shall now write down an even more ridiculous prediction that shall never in a hundred years come true:

So this is a trading event in Vermillion City. So what if everything comes full circle, and we get the return of a Pokemon that Ash has traded away more than 12 years ago?

That's right, I'm talking about Ambipom. I'm not much of a fan of Ambipom, but it really is criminal that, given Ambipom is last known to be training Ping Pong in Vermillion City, Ash doesn't even go visit her. O even said that they can visit anytime, so what gives? (I mean, we know what gives, it's just a rhetorical question)

So we all know how Ambipom has a bad habit of becoming briefly interested in hobbies. So what if she became tired of Ping Pong over the past 12 years, thus O decided to bring her to this Exchange Event to obtain a Pokemon that would be interested in Ping Pong.

Of course, Ambipom wouldn't go back to Ash, so she can go to Go or something, I dunno. I don't really care that much, and this would never come true anyways. Ahahaha...
Lol. And then Ash trades Riolu to Goh since Ambipom wants to be with Ash again.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
I'm hoping that this episode will feature at least one trade induced evolution

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Or (which probably won't happen) Ash trades Boldore so it evolves and trades back

Reaction score
Or (which probably won't happen) Ash trades Boldore so it evolves and trades back
This episode seems Go focused. Unlike Goh, Ash is not allowed to share focus in a Goh episode (Ash trading Boldore and trade it back, will overshadow the rest of what Goh does completely, because its a returning mon and it brings the hype levels up, because if Boldore can return, all of Ash's pokes can).

Reaction score
I’m very scared of how these are going to be handled.

Go snatching pokemon left and right is treated as absolutely normal. Which means him casually pulling them out of their new home and friends and trading them away to a stranger will probably receive a similar treatment.
Goh destroying everything the anime's built up since 2019 already so why not continue the trend?

Hops
Reaction score
While I'm ok with Gou having many pokemon(which doesn't change all the other problems I have with him,including the growing amout of said pokemon making matters worse), trading with a random person for the goal of completing the pokedex and just moving on, is unethical no matter how you put it under anime standards. On the other side, he won't have the amount of pokemon he has growing to infinity if he doesn't need a living dex Which seems to be the case considering the "the explanation" for his goal
Talking about trades, doesn't that hurt the already illogical explanation for Gou even more?
Also this happened: View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1289154325705420801?s=19

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
I was about to say, what happened to the tweet on the last page? It no longer exists. I guess there was a mistake in that tweet?

Pokémon Master in the making!
Reaction score
So this is actually looking to be less like Go trading a bunch and more like Go’s version of Ash’s regret over trading Butterfree. I’m surprised this isn’t Scyther’s evolution episode.

My Beautiful Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
You know, this could actually be a great opportunity to build upon Goh's relationship, or lack thereof, with his Pokemon. Like this other trainer is so obsessed with trading for Pinsir, and it creates a moral dilemma of sorts for Goh who tries to weigh the pros and cons of trading a Pokemon he caught himself.

Or the whole premise will just be played for laughs :rolleyes:

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Summary courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Satoshi and Go are visiting the Kuchiba City Trade Event, where a Trainer that wants a Kailios asks Go to trade with them.

Pokémon Master in the making!
Reaction score
I’m guessing Go will end up not wanting to trade his Pokémon in favor of catching them himself.