• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused by this episode as I don't get why it's taking place now, when Go doesn't have that many Pokemon who evolve via trade nor many Pokemon that could be considered "valuable" for trading with others. I kinda expect this to be Battle Aboard the ST. Anne but with Go, with him trading Scyther, Farfetch'd, Magikarp or Sobble and regretting it afterwards.

I'm confused by this episode as I don't get why it's taking place now, when Go doesn't have that many Pokemon who evolve via trade nor many Pokemon that could be considered "valuable" for trading with others. I kinda expect this to be Battle Aboard the ST. Anne but with Go, with him trading Scyther, Farfetch'd, Magikarp or Sobble and regretting it afterwards.

He has a few episodes to catch more tradable evos. Maybe next episode he snags a Graveller or something.

While it's possible for Gou to trade one of his Pokémon, I highly doubt it's a trade between Ash and Gou and it will definitely not be Gou trading his Sobble to Ash. If that happens, it would be completely out of nowhere: Ash just catches some random Pokémon and Gou, the person who already made his mistake with Sobble, quickly realized what he did wrong, apologized to Sobble and even gave Sobble some confidence by calling it strong (confirming Gou learned and knows the right way to treat Sobble) all of sudden wanting to trade it to Ash with that random Pokémon? That would be 100% bad writing and make that whole thing between Gou and Sobble completely pointless.

The same goes for Raboot. Gou is not trading Raboot to Ash, Gou and Raboot have patched things up and all his good between them again.

*bzzzt*
It was bad writing give Goh Sobble in the first place. It's rightful place is under Ash's care where it will actually grow and develop.

*bzzzt*
It was bad writing give Goh Sobble in the first place. It's rightful place is under Ash's care where it will actually grow and develop.
I think you may be coming from a biased place there. Sobble isn't inherently more important than any of the other Pokemon in this series, and just because it's your favorite doesn't mean it automatically deserves the Infernape treatment. You can only expect around 2-4 Pokemon to have proper, well-written arcs in a given series (SM had 2, maybe 3), so it's unrealistic to expect all your wishes to be fulfilled just by giving a certain Pokemon to Ash. I love the guy, but he's guilty of neglecting and failing to cultivate many of his own Pokemon as well. We all want our favorite Pokemon to shine in this series, but if that is synonymous with them being the next Ash-Greninja then most of us are destined for disappointment.

Ash can't train everyone. The "[blank] will never reach their full potential" argument can be applied to just about any Pokemon that Gou (or anyone else besides Ash) captures, and thus is a moot point. I agree that the "subverting expectations" style of promotion is pretty cheeky, and they did tease Ash getting it, but we should really know better by now. Sobble may be developed well, lets just watch and see.

It's funny to see all those critics to wish for Gou to leave a pokémon he just friended.

It's funny to see all those critics to wish for Gou to leave a pokémon he just friended.
I still think Sobble is a better fit for Ash than it is for Gou, but realistically I don't see Sobble being traded to Ash. Thinking that something like this will happen is just setting yourself up for disappointment and after what's happened in this series so far (from Piplup and Croagunk to Sobble's capture; I'm really not a fan of the teasing and false advertising), I've learned to keep my expectations and excitement low.

They are in for a flood of disappointment.
Still think it's a trade between CotDs, while I'm ok with Gou having many pokemon(which doesn't change all the other problems I have with him,including the growing amout of said pokemon making matters worse), trading with a random person for the goal of completing the pokedex and just moving on,is unethical no matter how you put it under anime standards. On the other side, he won't have the amount of pokemon he has growing to infinity if he doesn't need a living dex Which seems to be the case considering the "the explanation" for his goal
But those are too many assumptions to make over the info we have anyways.

Most of it is just wishful thinking and no one actually thinks it’s happening. People are free to to keep Farfetch’d hopes somewhere in their mind.
It doesn't matter whether they see it likely or not, as they still wants Gou to just abandon a pokémon he promised to care for, for a hype of trade.

It doesn't matter whether they see it likely or not, as they still wants Gou to just abandon a pokémon he promised to care for, for a hype of trade.
It’s literally a random wish- no one here made a complete plot line out of it. And “abandon” is a strong word unless you’ve somehow read the minds of everyone who even mildly thought of a trade. Some people just had a spark that their favourite Pokemon might go to their favourite character. Not every action stems from “Go-hate/criticism”.

And trading =\= abandonment, Otherwise if Go does end up trading some Pokemon (Sobble or not) in the next episode would you call or abandoning it? I don’t think so.

You’re reading a bit too much into the Go critics want Sobble taken away from him thing.

It’s literally a random wish- no one here made a complete plot line out of it.
It's still funny to see all those people who criticized Gou for not caring about his pokémon to just wish for Gou to leave a pokémon he just friended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom