• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to Arceus, if they make Goh suddenly give a s*** about Pinsir NOW... :mad:

While his Pokémon don’t show up a lot, you can’t make the argument that he doesn’t give a shit about them when he feeds, bathes, and plays with them on a daily basis as shown back in JN023 and in the more recent episodes where he’s been using them more often. He obviously cares about them.

Yes but WE dont care about them cause WE don't see that.

They have to show to us, the audience that some type of bond is happening.

Did we see something in 33 episodes? How many minutes have been dedicated to Pinsir?

Is not believable cause we dont see it. And the best thing of them all is that Pinsir is one of the Pokemon of Go that received some atention. Cause we have not seen the Kalos Pokémon that much did we?

Did we see something in 33 episodes? How many minutes have been dedicated to Pinsir?

Is not believable cause we dont see it. And the best thing of them all is that Pinsir is one of the Pokemon of Go that received some atention. Cause we have not seen the Kalos Pokémon that much did we?

While Go’s Pokémon haven’t gotten the necessary attention they all need, and the unfortunate truth is not all of them will get the same amount of screen time, but they are getting better at showing them off. Go has been using his Pokémon more and more in recent episodes and that will most likely continue. Every so often we should also get episodes like JN023 where they take place within Sakuragi Park and focus on Go’s Pokémon.

Even though they may not all get a lot of screen time, I personally care about them because I care about Go, his Pokémon, and his goal because I find it fun and interesting. I’m not trying to change your opinion on Go but continuing to believe that Go doesn’t care about his Pokémon is pointless because we’ve been shown the opposite.

While Go’s Pokémon haven’t gotten the necessary attention they all need, and the unfortunate truth is not all of them will get the same amount of screen time, but they are getting better at showing them off. Go has been using his Pokémon more and more in recent episodes and that will most likely continue. Every so often we should also get episodes like JN023 where they take place within Sakuragi Park and focus on Go’s Pokémon.

Even though they may not all get a lot of screen time, I personally care about them because I care about Go, his Pokémon, and his goal because I find it fun and interesting. I’m not trying to change your opinion on Go but continuing to believe that Go doesn’t care about his Pokémon is pointless because we’ve been shown the opposite.

1 out of 33. That is character development? Is not a matter that he cares for all his Pokémon. The matter is that you cannot make us care for a Pokemon that have appeared for maybe 5-10 minutes in the background out of 650-700 minutes.

However I also have to remind that screentime is not equal to development. Look at Sobble, he is just there.

The problem arises when all of his Pokemon apparently have a monotonous relation of automatically with becoming friends with him, no problems or whatsoever. That's kind of hard to believe and it doesn't really help connect to either side. The only time when a conflict arose between him and one of his Pokemon, which was handled poorly in JN022.

It's pretty much the writers asspull of show but don't tell.

While it is hard to believe that all of his captures in the entire show will automatically want to be friends with him, it seems like most Pokémon in general don’t have any specific problems with new trainers. I always assumed most Pokémon have evolved over time knowing what being captured is from birth. Riolu wanted Ash to catch him after being hatched without ever seeing a Poké Ball or a Pokémon be caught in one. Either way, all of his Pokémon have a fantastic home where Go feeds, bathes, and plays with all of them. Even though we don’t see him interact with all of them individually it’s not hard to understand why they like him when he’s their main caregiver and spends basically any time he isn’t traveling at Sakuragi Park.

I personally thought JN022 was good and I liked how Go and Raboot’s disagreement and reconciliation was handled.

1 out of 33. That is character development? Is not a matter that he cares for all his Pokémon. The matter is that you cannot make us care for a Pokemon that have appeared for maybe 5-10 minutes out of 650-700 minutes.

However I also have to remind that screentime is not equal to development. Look at Sobble, he is just there.

It is a matter of whether he cares for his Pokémon because who I responded to literally implied that Go doesn’t care about Pinsir and is the whole point of this conversation. You personally don’t have to care about Pinsir but Go obviously does care about his Pokémon and this episode will probably show that off further.

I also never said screen-time equaled development. But you also can’t use Sobble as a point in that argument either as it has only been around for literally 3 episodes, where 1 of them was where he was the main focus and clearly hinted at a backstory that will eventually be fleshed out and the other 2 were specifically focused on non-Ash and Go adventures.

This is exactly the problem that I had with that scene in the Sakuragi Lab revolt episode; it doesn’t feel remotely earned. It reeks of the writers basically going ‘See everyone?! Go actually does care about his Pokémon!’. But the whole thing feels completely empty because we never really see Go actually doing things with his Pokémon and as a result, them all just absolutely loving him feels forced. With Ash, you actually see the bond with his Pokémon grow over time each region but with Go, it just feels like they want the instant satisfaction of the same thing without him really earning that. With this being a visual medium, they have the ability to show this but instead go the route of telling us.

It is a matter of whether he cares for his Pokémon because who I responded to literally implied that Go doesn’t care about Pinsir and is the whole point of this conversation. You personally don’t have to care about Pinsir but Go obviously does care about his Pokémon and this episode will probably show that off further.

And? What did we see was caring about his Pokémon or do his duties as his trainer? Of course he has to care about them but we had seen almost nothing about him caring about his Pokémon, for making us care about that Pokémon and show a possible emotonial moment you have to show a bond, a relation, moments between them. We seen nothing. Episode 24 was just a remainder that those Pokémon are still alive. And believe me now with Sobble and a possible Pikachu those Pokémon will appear less and less.

I also never said screen-time equaled development. But you also can’t use Sobble as a point in that argument either as it has only been around for literally 3 episodes, where 1 of them was where he was the main focus and clearly hinted at a backstory that will eventually be fleshed out and the other 2 were specifically focused on non-Ash and Go adventures.

That was a remainder not for you but for some people that believe that appaering a lot means something. Look at Farfetch'd only there to prove that he is inferior to the Galar one. I can use Sobble cause he is doing nothing and it seems that things are not going to get better for him. But I agree that maybe It's still too soon.

Gou can't trade Pinsir because we saw Pinsir blushing and handing a flower to Weedle in episode 11; he can't break up one of the first 100% canon Pokémon ships!

Seriously though, I'm expecting him to refuse to do it, or to trade back in the end like Butterfree and Raticate.

Except it won't be as emotional as Butterfree and Gourgeist cause we won't see it again lol
They might as well trade it off cause that's really the only way to make this actually interesting

Let’s see, I personally hope Go doesn’t trade. Maybe he'll get trader's regret like Ash.

Except we the audience won't give a flying heck.
Ash loved Butterfree and missed it, wanting to get it back almost immediately while Jessie being Jessie automatically thinks with her head(and not in the good way) and goes for power, realizing what she did soon after and giving it back as she just gave up a friend and wants her back.

Pinsir is at the lab 24/7 and we don't see it having a close friendship or bond with him like we did Ash and Jessie, they should just let the trade happen to make the episode actually interesting and a first as there was only one permanent trade where a main character traded off their Pokemon and it was a complete accident! There ain't a benefit at keeping Pinsir at the lab when there is a kid that clearly loves Pinsir and would use him

Except we the audience won't give a flying heck.
Ash loved Butterfree and missed it, wanting to get it back almost immediately while Jessie being Jessie automatically thinks with her head(and not in the good way) and goes for power, realizing what she did soon after and giving it back as she just gave up a friend and wants her back.

Pinsir is at the lab 24/7 and we don't see it having a close friendship or bond with him like we did Ash and Jessie, they should just let the trade happen to make the episode actually interesting and a first as there was only one permanent trade where a main character traded off their Pokemon and it was a complete accident! There ain't a benefit at keeping Pinsir at the lab when there is a kid that clearly loves Pinsir and would use him

My words exactly. Caterpie was special cause it was Ash first capture and evolution. We also saw him doing things onscreen, battling, eating, being with Ash in general. Pinsir is a background character pretty much like 80% of Goh Pokemons.

Also the whole regretting the trade helped the Butterfree release to be more emotional.

True, but that’s the best scenario we've got, unless we want Go to regress back to someone who's going to mindlessly trade Pokémon instead of catching them. I'd prefer to see a bit on what angle they’re going to take on the plot first.

It would make more sense for him to trade the 2 Dustox he has since he has 3 and would still have 1 or some other pokemon that he has more than 1 of the species in my opinion, but I suppose he can capture another Pinsir later if he wants .

I got a new summary:Satoshi and Gou came to the "Pokemon Exchange Event" being held at the Pokemon Center in Kuchiba City. So Satoshi and his friends meet Koromi, a trainer who wants Kairos, a self-proclaimed "Shin Ou no Mushi Poke Queen". Gou, who can't let go of his Kairos, decides to help find the wild Kairos instead of exchanging it. Koromi appears in an operation to lure Kairos with a special "sweet honey", but is it not Kairos that appeared?

I got a new summary:Satoshi and Gou came to the "Pokemon Exchange Event" being held at the Pokemon Center in Kuchiba City. So Satoshi and his friends meet Koromi, a trainer who wants Kairos, a self-proclaimed "Shin Ou no Mushi Poke Queen". Gou, who can't let go of his Kairos, decides to help find the wild Kairos instead of exchanging it. Koromi appears in an operation to lure Kairos with a special "sweet honey", but is it not Kairos that appeared?
Heracross appears?
:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom