• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new summary:Satoshi and Gou came to the "Pokemon Exchange Event" being held at the Pokemon Center in Kuchiba City. So Satoshi and his friends meet Koromi, a trainer who wants Kairos, a self-proclaimed "Shin Ou no Mushi Poke Queen". Gou, who can't let go of his Kairos, decides to help find the wild Kairos instead of exchanging it. Koromi appears in an operation to lure Kairos with a special "sweet honey", but is it not Kairos that appeared?

Since the Chinese translation has also come out, I'll just help tidy up the summary a bit:

Ash and Go have arrived at the "Pokemon Exchange Event" being held at the Pokemon Center in Vermillion City. There they meet the self-proclaimed "Sinnoh's Bug Moe Queen" Koromi, a trainer who wants Pinsir. As Go can't let go of his Pinsir, he decides to help find a wild Pinsir instead of exchanging it. Koromi wants to lure in Pinsir with a special "sweet honey", but it is not Pinsir that appeared?

Since the Chinese translation has also come out, I'll just help tidy up the summary a bit:

Ash and Go have arrived at the "Pokemon Exchange Event" being held at the Pokemon Center in Vermillion City. There they meet the self-proclaimed "Sinnoh's Bug Moe Queen" Koromi, a trainer who wants Pinsir. As Go can't let go of his Pinsir, he decides to help find a wild Pinsir instead of exchanging it. Koromi wants to lure in Pinsir with a special "sweet honey", but it is not Pinsir that appeared?

Heracross incoming (And then Goh snatching it because Koromi already has one).

I’d personally rather focus on the question of what the point is of trading being in the title and the plot if no trade is going to end up happening.

Though if the writers are trying to give us a feeling akin to Ash’s trade regret when it came to trading Butterfree, they missed the mark due to the fact that Go’s Pinser hasn’t really had an onscreen bond with Go developed leading to his reluctance feeling a bit empty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d personally rather focus on the question of what the point is of trading being in the title and the plot if no trade is going to end up happening.

Though if the writers are trying to give us a feeling akin to Ash’s trade regret when it came to trading Butterfree, they missed the mark due to the fact that Go’s Pinser hasn’t really had an onscreen bond with Go developed leading to his reluctance feeling a bit empty.
Scyther would've been a much better choice.

I think the best candidate for this episode would've been Kanto Farfetch’d. It hits the sweet spot of not being too overexposed but something Go developed a bond with. But Pinsir could work depending on how they execute the episode.

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go are attending a "Pokémon Trade Event", where they meet Koromi, a Trainer who really wants a Kailios. Go doesn't want to give Kailios up, so he helps her search for a wild one, but?!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go are visiting a "Pokémon Trade Event" being held at the Pokémon Center in Kuchiba City, where a they meet a Trainer named Koromi, who introduces herself as the Bug Pokéqueen of Sinnoh. Koromi really wants a Kailios, but since Go doesn't want to give his own Kailios up, he decides to help her search for a wild one instead. Koromi attempts to lure out a Kailios using a specially made type of Sweet Honey, but rather than a Kailios appearing, it's a certain group of...?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Sayaka Senbongi: Messon
Tatsuki Kobe: Kailios
Rina Hidaka: Koromi
Kei Shindo: Joy
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smarthphone Rotom
Maxwell Powers: Drone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Seems like Ash will have yet another minor WCS match here, too.

I'm waiting for someone to say "See Ash is having his sideplot in a Go episode you only hate him"

Team Rocket is here. Probably trying to steal the group of bugs lured in by the honey.

Seeing how "original" their plans have been lately I fear it's going to be this way, so I will make my own Gatcha predictions to have some fun myself:

Jessie: Sableye,Scolipede or Hariyama
James: Dodrio,Ninjask or Druddigon

This is like the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom