• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

Beatsy Ray said:
it also serves to enforce Ash's "winning streak"

But does that winning streak really need any enforcement though? When was the last time Satoshi actually lost a battle? Sometime before the Alola League? His winning streak is clearly established already.

How are you gonna name an episode "Would You Like to Do a Pokémon Trade?" but then only feature the titular game mechanic for all of 60 seconds?

Because the Journeys series has never indulged in clickbaiting yet. *sarcasm sign*

I don't really mind having throwaway PWC matches in filler episodes. It's reassuring to know that they aren't forgetting about Ash's goal, and that they are trying to make it remain relevant. This one wasn't completely pointless either, it's fair to assume that Koromi wanted to battle other trainers with her Heracross as a way to show them off to potential traders. While this episode's battle was underwhelming compared to some of the previous ones, it also serves to enforce Ash's "winning streak" that will have a payoff in the next episode.

It did bug me that Ash managed a flawless victory where Pikachu didn't take a single hit. Blatantly telegraphing another episode where Ash gets cocky and taken down a notch for it

The Team Rocket Gatcha proves once again that it needs to be retired or better utilised. Scolipede and Drapion were like the other gatcha pokemon, only there to serve a gag, in this instance the honey lure, than to actually be semi-competent battlers. I'd much rather see the TRio use and develop with their own team instead of the random choices who never make a difference anyway.

I do like how the honey mechanism from the games is implemented.

I wouldn't expect people to be disappointed because of how little they showed of that trade machine. What was so interesting about that machine? Is it a fetish? :whistle:

Small detail but I do apprethat they never revealed Pinser and Heracross’s gender.

Let's REWIEW!!
Pinsir x Heracross :sneaky::sneaky:
BOOOOOOORING:sleep::sleep::sleep:
Koromi's Weird:cautious:
GOH CAME TO THE TRADE FESTIVAL TO TRADE BUT DOESNT WANNA TRADE PINSIR?!?!?!? WTF!!!:mad::mad:
F Morpeko Poor Team Rocket :cry:
4/10

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom