• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitō! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
At least its not Vermillion again, so we got something new in Kanto this series. Set up for an Ash vs Sabrina PWC match eventually.
And now you reminded me of that Haunter... (I wasn’t fully on board with Ash getting fully evolved Pokémon so early, I wanted him to get Haunter and Dragonair, specially since I like those better than Gengar and Dragonite).

Hops
Reaction score
It seems that both will be challenging the dojo, disappointinly rushed battles probably in-coming
Maybe they just wanted to say that Gou will be there with Ash, not CHALLENGE the dojo with him?

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
They still have Allister to show off that city, it's great they're starting to do things outside of Vermillion City in Kanto episodes. Maybe Ash can visit Fuchsia in the near future and fight Janine!
That’s true, but I hoped Galar should get priority since we’ve already seen those regions once while we haven’t even seen most of Galar once. It has a limited time to shine since Kanto features in a lot of sagas in full glory, the other regions, not so much.

Reaction score
On the one hand, eww Kanto pandering. But then again I'll let it slide since it does feel natural (if a cliché trope) that the Karate expert would go to a Dojo to check out the competition.

I wonder if we'll get Bea fighting actual humans herself as well as Pokémon battles. :unsure:

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
They still have Allister to show off that city, it's great they're starting to do things outside of Vermillion City in Kanto episodes. Maybe Ash can visit Fuchsia in the near future and fight Janine!
Sadly, with Ash getting his own Gengar and possibly G-Maxing it, I don't think that Allister is going to show up at all.

Reaction score
Saffron City, that promises to be exciting

No doubt Sabrina and her family will be forgotten about
Not necessarily. She probably won't come up in this episode, but Gym leader rematches are a thing now. I would pay money to watch Ash obliterate her Kadabra with his Gengar, it's been a long time coming.

It's a little annoying that this episode doesn't take place in Stow-On-Side, but getting to see a Kanto City besides Vermillion is still really exciting. I wonder what the setup will be. Maybe Ash was going to challenge the Dojo Master to a PWC battle, but after he's wiped out by Bea, Ash will challenge her instead. Perhaps Farfetch'd will evolve this episode, I know Ash hasn't really used it yet but it obviously had a ton of battle experience before its capture.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Not necessarily. She probably won't come up in this episode, but Gym leader rematches are a thing now. I would pay money to watch Ash obliterate her Kadabra with his Gengar, it's been a long time coming.

It's a little annoying that this episode doesn't take place in Stow-On-Side, but getting to see a Kanto City besides Vermillion is still really exciting. I wonder what the setup will be. Maybe Ash was going to challenge the Dojo Master to a PWC battle, but after he's wiped out by Bea, Ash will challenge her instead. Perhaps Farfetch'd will evolve this episode, I know Ash hasn't really used it yet but it obviously had a ton of battle experience before its capture.
Farfetch'd only needs to get 3 crits in one battle in order to evolve.

Reaction score
So Korrina gets an episode in Kalos but a Galar gym leader debuts in Kanto? Hopefully she'll hand Ash his first PWC defeat and they'll do a rematch in Galar.

Reaction score
Sadly, with Ash getting his own Gengar and possibly G-Maxing it, I don't think that Allister is going to show up at all.
He's a popular character, I think Allister will appear eventually but maybe with a different ghost type as his ace.

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
So Korrina gets an episode in Kalos but a Galar gym leader debuts in Kanto? Hopefully she'll hand Ash his first PWC defeat and they'll do a rematch in Galar.
Just an idle thought but it could be interesting if Ash loses because he was planning to use Gengar or Dragonite, but then Riolu cuts in again and loses this time, kickstarting some character development for him

Not Dead
Reaction score
Bea won't use Gigantamax Machamp in this episode and nothing guarantees that Ash will battle her in Galar.

My Beautiful Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've said this already, but speaking as someone who actually loves Kanto, the amount of episodes that have taken place in Kanto so far has been beyond ridiculous. I mean, yeah, it's cool to see a gym leader outside of their own region, but did it really have to be Kanto...?

Reaction score
Pretty sure I've said this already, but speaking as someone who actually loves Kanto, the amount of episodes that have taken place in Kanto so far has been beyond ridiculous. I mean, yeah, it's cool to see a gym leader outside of their own region, but did it really have to be Kanto...?
Yea. Like image how cool it could’ve been if it was set in Veilstone City. It would be amazing seeing Maylene and Bea going at it in a battle.