• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitō! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Pokémon Master in the making!
Reaction score
I’ve been fairly tolerant of all of the Kanto episodes so far but I am getting so tired of it. Kanto is cool and all and it looks beautiful in this series but they almost never even go to different places in Kanto, it’s almost always just Vermilion City.

They’re going to have to really start leaning into the different regions more. We’ve had 20 Kanto episodes (including the ones from of the new summaries that will be set in Kanto), 2 Johto episodes (counting Celebi), 2 Hoenn episodes, 2 Sinnoh episodes, 1 Unova episode, 1 Kalos episode, 0 Alola episodes, and 6 Galar episodes.

My Beautiful Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
Yea. Like image how cool it could’ve been if it was set in Veilstone City. It would be amazing seeing Maylene and Bea going at it in a battle.
Well I didn't even think of this and now I'm mad it's not real! That would've been amazing.

Guess I gotta stick to fanfiction for this kind of amazing content :cry:

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
I don't really mind this being in Kanto, since it's a location we've not seen that much in the anime. Just makes me wonder if they'll remember to carry over any details introduced for the dojo during its first appearance in the Advanced Generation.

Reaction score
I don't think Kanto pandering is really the issue. The problem is that this "world tour" series has mostly taken place at the "home base" in Vermilion City. In truth, the rest of Kanto is getting neglected just as hard as the other regions, and it's been more than 20 years since we've seen most of these towns, and even the ones that got revisited in BF were represented poorly.

Yea. Like image how cool it could’ve been if it was set in Veilstone City. It would be amazing seeing Maylene and Bea going at it in a battle.
Korrina, Maylene, and Bea within the span of 10 episodes sounds a little excessive. :LOL:

Last edited:
Team Rocket says: Don't forget to put your mask
Reaction score
For a world travel series we are not traveling that much aren't we?

Also I expected to not get to Alola untill the second year of the series so I expected this.

Reaction score
I’m sure Bea debuting in this episode and the fact that it’s somewhere different than Vermilion will elevate it pretty high. I’m expecting it to be good but it still being in Kanto when they know that Galar is the new region everyone wants to see more of, even outside of 2-parters, is upsetting.

I’m kind of hoping Ash fights her and loses so they can set up a rematch in Galar.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Satoshi and Go are visiting the Fighting Dojo in Yamabuki City. They intend to challenge the Karate Master who's the Dojo Master to a Pokémon battle, but it turns out he's just lost to a Fighting Type Gym Leader from the Galar region?!

Reaction score
“They intend to challenge”, I wonder why they said they and not just Ash, that implies that Go wanted to battle the Dojo Master as well.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Why...Just why is is set in Saffron City. I'm really excited for Bea's debut and glad she's using a Galar Pokemon, but why isn't this set place in Stow-On Side or something?

Reaction score
“They intend to challenge”, I wonder why they said they and not just Ash, that implies that Go wanted to battle the Dojo Master as well.
He has been showing more interest in battle. Hopefully that's a sign of moving away from mindless catching sprees to actually battling for captures.

Reaction score
He has been showing more interest in battle. Hopefully that's a sign of moving away from mindless catching sprees to actually battling for captures.
While I’m sure Go’s capture style change won’t change, considering he still has to advertise Pokémon GO’s capture style, he definitely has begun to become more open to battling in general. Back in JN010, he just threw Poké Balls at Dewgong until it was too tired to resist, but ever since JN024 with the Lord, after they either break free or reflect his first throw, he immediately battles them afterwards to weaken them. And last episode he was actually training his Pokémon.

I think he will still catch a lot of the weaker Pokémon he finds without battling but we’ll see an increase of stronger Pokémon that Go will actually have to weaken to capture.

Reaction score
...well, my hopes for this episode just went down some -_-

And braces yourselves for tentacle jokes. You know the ones...

No doubt Sabrina and her family will be forgotten about
Note that they were in Saffron for THREE episodes in AG and she didn't appear when it would've made good FRLG promotion....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always thought Sabrina’s family and story in the anime was weird, so I’m fine with that not being mentioned, but Sabrina herself would be cool to see again. It would be nice if her and Ash actually have a real battle sometime.

Reaction score
Maybe Gou acquires a powerful Pokemon in the previous episode and wants to test it out at the dojo. Or knowing this series, he uses his new ace; Farfetch'd.

T.R.U.T.H.兵士課、第13支部の軍人・ラミィ・アッザべル
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time the Yamabuki Doujou appears right? Unless it showed up in the Battle Frontier saga, which I don't quite remember.

Just for this fact I don't mind the episode is taking place in Kanto.

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, this series is no longer a "world tour." Rather, it's the third (!) Kanto-based saga that just features a variety of cameos from other regions.
That's what I was thinking.
I was going to say "but at least the finale is going to be a battle with Leon in Wyndon Stadium" but then I realized "maybe it'll take place at Indigo Plateau instead".

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking.
I was going to say "but at least the finale is going to be a battle with Leon in Wyndon Stadium" but then I realized "maybe it'll take place at Indigo Plateau instead".
Luckily they'll need to be in a Power Spot for their Gigantamax battle. Well, unless Eternatus feels like following Ash and Goh to Kanto and starts causing problems there.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, this series is no longer a "world tour." Rather, it's the third (!) Kanto-based saga that just features a variety of cameos from other regions.
That's a big issue I have, outside of Goh's goal and the Pokemon Go capture mechanics. They try to advertise this series as a world tour situation, but too many episodes are taking place in Kanto.